TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 16, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through January 16, 2024 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, January 13, 2024 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
People here are taking the freezing/snow forecast seriously here! Our "shopping bus" runs on Monday and Tuesday, but it made a double run today!

The roads/overpasses have been brined. Since we don't have snowplows they have to be more proative here! I have an eye doctor appointment on Wednesdy so keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My deck thermometer right now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's beautiful out .. the rain is over and we got a bunch, not overwhelming but needed. The skies are clear and blue with a few white fluffy clouds!

Temps going up to 60, YEAH!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lordy Naja!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't even bring myself to walk to the street to the mailbox!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's supposed to get down to single digits and we are supposed to get snow in the next few days. I sure hope they are wrong.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Today, Portland is 15 degrees, but, thankfully, no wind. I walked to the store and back. Not bad, just had to watch your step. The next week is up and down with more cold and snow on Weds and Thurs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
25m
A volcano in southwest Iceland has erupted, the country’s meteorological office says.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
36m
This photo shows the moment Maine's record high tide washed away fishing shacks that stood for more than 100 years

MEREDITH, N.H. (AP) — A record high tide in Maine washed away three historic fishing shacks that had stood since the 1800s and formed the backdrop of countless photographs.

Michelle Erskine said she was visiting fisherman’s point at Willard Beach in South Portland on Saturday when she captured video footage of the last two wooden shacks sliding into the ocean.

“Oh no. They’re both going. Oh no!” she can be heard saying on the video.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1746635988829429916

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
That is sad, but was going to happen. I know the loss of a beach house.

Snowed here earlier. Just icky now. So windy yesterday I lost my garbage can. Probably fell off the small cliff edge 2 blocks away. I looked for it and could not find it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, my niece just left with her father today to drive to Portland. She's moving there. What a week to decide to move there. I didn't realize it got so cold there. But it's still warmer than Dallas right now. It was only 13 there today.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Not surprised about Maine. We had our 2nd flooding this week here on Long Island from all these storms.

Luckily, my bil was able to find all his goldfish that were laying around his back yard.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Brooch, it normally doesn’t get this cold in the winter. We might get down to 30 degrees or so, but every once in a while, a weather pattern sets up that pushes arctic air from Canada into the region. Then, we’ll be in the teens for a few days.. and the city goes nuts because most aren’t used to it. When that happens and there’s moisture from the Pacific, well, we get a mess. Hope she has a safe drive. It’s supposed to get better after Wednesday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 14, 2024 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Grooch, not Brooch…. Spell check issue.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kookliebird for the info! And I'll take Brooch over Grouch any day when spellcheck is concerned.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We actually got the snow predicted! Depending on what part of the Nashville area you live in it might be as much as FIVE inches! It is just gorgeous - if all you have to do is look at it! As I now live in a full-service community, i can really enjoy it! I might even go to the front porch for a few minutes later in the day, just to get a little fresh air! Eash apartment has its own thermostat so mine is set on a toasty 75 degrees!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It looks cold and wintry out today, foggy and gray. No breeze with temps going to 58.

No more rain until tomorrow evening.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sun has successfully burned off the fog and we now have some sunny blue skies with a bunch of fluffy clouds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
1h
Arctic freeze continues to swarm parts of US with below-zero temperatures

The severe weather has caused power outages impacting thousands of people Sunday in Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

With temperatures dropping in Texas, the state’s power grid operator appealed to residents to voluntarily conserve electricity Monday morning due to the cold weather causing "record breaking demand" for energy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NWS Houston
@NWSHouston
·
1h
The Wind Chill Advisory has been upgraded to a Warning across the northern counties where wind chill values tonight may drop below 0°F. The Advisory continues elsewhere where values will dip down between 5 - 10°F.

Please avoid outside activities in the Warning if you can. #TXwx

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
temps today were at times below the teens. Kids still out playing for short periods at a time - wish it would wam up just a bit so they have a real chance to enjoy the snow as we don't usually get more than an inch or two which is generally gone the next day! Schools currently closed until at least Thursday!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, everything I just typed disappeared. Like I with the snow would.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
More snow for Portland tomorrow afternoon. Then, we’ll switch over to freezing rain on Wednesday morning as the temps rise. Should be just rain by Thursday. Then, finally, back to a balmy 45 degrees and rain.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, January 15, 2024 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It did what they said. Yuck! Woke up to about 2 inches of snow and about that much again fell. My phone said it was 19 degrees all day. Saying the wind chill will be below zero in the morning. I've got to go to the grocery store at some point this week. We will see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 16, 2024 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Gray and cloudy, but not really cold. The clouds are keeping the warm in, no breeze with temps going up to 54.

We may get some rain later but it might just be up north.