TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through November 26, 2023 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I would write: The apartment has two bedrooms, one with a single bed and one with a double. Then the LR part in another sentence

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's a way, to separate it out and not try to keep it on one sentence. Thanks!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same as TNT, make it two sentences. I presume there will be pictures accompanying the listing, but if not, you might specify whether the double is two single beds or one double bed.

Although both the semicolon and colon variations are also quite understandable as well. I am often a semicolon practitioner.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Personally I would use the dashes.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
How do I get rid of fire ants? Every time I weedeat, I get stung like crazy. Ugh!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, August 30, 2023 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I knew this was going to be about fire ants when I saw the lead-in. We fought the fire ants in our youth in both Florida and Texas. Mostly the fire ants won.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
There are lawn treatments, either spray or dry spread, that will mostly control fire ants along with other bugs. Since we had such a dry summer I haven’t had to use either this year….fire ants need at least some moisture to soften the ground and our ground is like concrete right now.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My SIL told me to spray OFF on my legs. It did not work. Guess it only works for mosquitos. My lower legs look terrible.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
And my neighbor pays someone to cut his lawn. If I paid someone, would I be liable for his fire-ant stings?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 05, 2023 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Good question in today's litigious climate!!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
And I've seriously got to figure out how to weedeat again without getting stung a hundred times or more. It's got to be done soon, ugh.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Done. Hope it's the last time as it's fall soon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Great job!! Hope you didn't get stung!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 21, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I looked it up. It said to wear protective clothing. I wore my late husband's long socks, shoes and long pants. Luckily, it was cooler today, not 100+ degrees. I was worried the fire ants would get under my pants legs, but they did not. No stings! Thank you!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: I am looking for someone who knows about Threads... My question is ... Is there a way to make the posts show up in chronological order?

They seem to be all over the place from 14 minutes to 8 hours

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Re: Threads.
When you go in, threads has an algorithm that looks at what they think you are interested in seeing. Sort of like what Facebook does. I find that this is all over the place and, not necessarily, who I am following. If this is your issue, then click on the Home icon at the bottom left. Once you do, you will see 2 tabs at the top of the screen. One tab says For You (which appears to be the default display). The second tab says Following. I find that the Following tab is more chronological in its thread displays. Plus, it’s limited to who you are following, not everyone who is posting. Hope this is what you are looking for.

BTW, Threads does continue to be developed and changes in what you can do.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kookliebird, I just noticed it was on For you!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just wish I could set it to always show the Following tab. But, alas, I cannot find how to do it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
BTW, I’m cthimage, if you are interested. I mostly post pictures that I’ve taken and comment on Niners posts, but I do comment on other things, as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just followed you, I am dipo318

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 20, 2023 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I finally joined Threads too a month or so ago, and one of the first things I did, once I noticed it, was to always check that I was only reading on the Following tab, rather than the For You, just as I do at Twitter/X.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 22, 2023 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
@Seasnork.

I'm on Instagram and Threads automatically follows anyone I follow on Insta.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q/Comment:

I was watching a Christmas movie that was based in England and I noticed that they say Happy Christmas and I wondered why the US says Merry Christmas.

Anyone know how this difference came about? Just curious.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Feliz Navidad translates "Happy" as well. I will ask about French (a resident from Quebec) Italian(a gentleman from Italy) and German (three Army wives from Germany.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 26, 2023 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We do say Merry Christmas too, in the UK. It's probably not as common as Happy Christmas, but it is used. I don't know why. I like "Merry Christmas" because it's always a "Happy New Year," and then you don't have to repeat the adjective.

The French say "Joyeux Noel" which translates to joyous but more commonly in a simple happy or merry context.