TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: Archive through August 21, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll bite, even though you have never once taken my suggestions. hahaha

If you don't drop everything and just buy this ASUS ZenPad, I'll be mad at you.

Just kidding. But this is what I would buy. And I do have the model just before this one and I LOVE it. Screw 64 gigs storage. This one has 128.

$258 - $80 coupon. ONLY $178 for the most awesome tablet!

https://www.amazon.com/Blackview-Android-Widevine-Octa-Core-Speakers/dp/B0C36J35G8/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, well today I am trying not to buy something before I see the suggestions LOL.

WOW, that looks good. The one thing I have figured out is I must have at least a 10 inch screen.

Off to take a look!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What would I need the stylus for? isn't it a touch screen? Thanks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes. It's touch screen, but the stylus you can use to draw or take notes, or use those cool painting programs, or just to tap buttons and links if you don't want to touch the screen. Also, some people have those fingers that touch screens just don't respond well to.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, cool, I don't do those things, but maybe I would in the future.

OK, you won !!! I just purchased it and should get it tomorrow.

Signed up for prime as well, so now I have 25 days to buy stuff before I cancel prime, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Don't forget you can watch all the Prime tv shows and movies!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, and LOL several times about the Naja/Dipo exchange. I would actually be afraid to ignore a Naja recommendation if it is something I might be wanting to buy, and I do NOT want to buy an Android tablet because iPads are SO much more intuitive and easy to use, and I am a lifelong Microsoft user. BUT, because Naja has so strongly recommended this ASUS tablet, I might just buy it. ASUS is a great name in computers.

Too late tonight to look at it, maybe tomorrow. The price is simply outstanding. And I have a recent Android tablet story to tell. Maybe tomorrow.

Tata, kids.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Good Lord! I didn't post the ASUS link! But I did post something better. Thank goodness. This one has much more power than the last ASUS made. Not many tablets have the full 5 star rating and this one does.

It has 5G as well. AND, it's thinner and lighter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just waiting for my tablet to arrive, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see if you like it. You are our guinea pig this round.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just checked my status and I am disappointed that they say it will be here before 10 pm but hoping it would get here earlier.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's HERE!!!!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 26, 2023 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I already love it and all I have done is connect the Wifi. The size is perfect, I can actually see and put my fingers on the keyboard, plus it has a nice case around it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How quick is the responsiveness when you touch the screen? Is there any kind of delay between touching the screen and for the action to happen?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is really responsive, most of of the time, rarely do I get a delay. I have to be careful if I get close to the bottom of the tablet because it will close the app I am working on. Also there are a ton of buttons on the "desktop" that I need to figure out how to move. And I have not figured out how to close ads without closing the app, sometimes there isn't an x. But overall I really like it a lot!

OH and the colors are really amazing, clear, crisp and very bright!

It seems a little unhappy that I am not adding a sim card ....

BUT... it called 911 when I closed the cover!! At least I thought that was what I did and it took me a few minutes to figure out it was the tablet and let the 911 lady know I was ok and it was an accident.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 27, 2023 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
HAHAHA

Maybe I'll upgrade to that one for Christmas.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I turned on my computer today and tried to open an excel file and my microsoft office is missing! All I can get is to buy the stupid program.

I have office 19 and I own it, it's not a subscription. I don't know if this has to do with the semi new windows update or what. Any ideas how to get it back?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Re-enter your key. Did you get a key when you purchased it?

And when things disappear on me, sometimes just restarting brings it back. I don't know why, but Firefox disappears on me ever so often.

Worse comes to worst, there's always system restore.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
OK. I found an article on line on how to reinstall it.

Fingers crossed!

It was in maintenence mode when I went to post the above.

I got it reinstalled! An article from Live Wire saved my life!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!

Thank goodness I saved the key and had it in a safe place where I remembered where it was.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Grooch, please post the LiveWire article link here if you can easily find it again.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
How can I delete Facebook messages on Facebook messenger? I googled it, but none of the suggestions worked. I'm on a Chromebook, there is no right click. None of the things that were suggested even came up, like hover over the message and click on delete. That did not happen. No delete came up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I got this off google about your chromebook right click.

"Simply tap the touchpad with two fingers and the right-click menu will open on your Chromebook. How to right-click on a Chromebook with the keyboard? Press and hold the “Alt” key on the keyboard and tap the touchpad with one finger. This will instantly open the right-click menu."

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, but none of that helps when none of the suggestions come up like they say. No delete buttons or remove buttons. Chat settings, with the three dots says Incoming Call Sounds, Message Sounds, Pop-Up New Messages, Privacy & Safety, Active Status: On, Message Request, Archived Chats, Message Delivery Settings, Restricted Accounts and clicking on any of them doesn't bring up anything to help either. I got some really ugly messages over the weekend that I really don't want to see anymore.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, August 21, 2023 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If I hover over the list of names, I get 3 dots in a small pop up. If I click on those 3 dots by the name i want to delete, I get a number of additional options, including blocking and deleting the chat at the very bottom of the list.

Alternatively, at the top of messenger by where it says Chat, again there are 3 dots (…). By clicking on that, I can manually set someone to block at the very bottom of the list.

Note that I’m in Chrome, but not on a Chromebook computer.