TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 24, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 24, 2023 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, what kind of a jerk does not return an emergency call?! Hope the doggie is OK and I would never deal with that person again.

I disagree, one can never have too much meat.
After trimming and cooking a brisket, you end up with about half the amount of meat. Brisket is delicious and leftover brisket is also delicious.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A couple of years ago, my friend Lorna went on an 8 day exclusion in Colorado. Her cat, Marley, wasn't that old, but had asthma (and I suspect COPD} and he got monthly steroid shots.

She boarded him at a nearby grooming and boarding place and they had the cell number for the woman traveling with her, and her vet, who is in the same strip mall, but she designated me as someone to contact if they couldn't get ahold of the travelers. Luckily, all went well and she was home when her cat also became diabetic and decisions were made.

I am pretty sure both facilities had her credit card information.

Where was Yoshi's mom going? I suppose there is an off chance that they lost cell service, but since you have been texting videos and then texting and calling about this medical emergency, that the situation is suspicious.

Good thing you have an organization backing you up.

I hope Yoshi starts feeling better..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So her phone is busy, hmmm.. But emergency contact also not responding does make you wonder.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize Maja was working through a service! Glad she has a back-up in place for such emergencies! Not that I can even imagine a pet parent being inaccessible for long periods w/o RESPONSIBLE alternative help!!

Bless your heart, Naja - the first Christmas alone is bad enough w/o a sick pup and a nutty nun!!!!! You do have a warm and loving support group here - I am sure each of us wishes we could give you and in-person hug!

Just in case there are any left-overs from the bounteous brisket, storing cooked beef in gravy/broth /cooking liquid is preferable is freezing it dry!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Grooch (above)- Of course food prices vary by area but a 16# brisket would probably average in the $48 range - at $2.98/lb. Probably more in the north and far west -

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN: Owners son and wife delivered my Christmas tree and set it up at 8 am this morning. 8 pm tonight, the whole tree tipped over all by itself while we were watching TV. Thank goodness, we only had 2 strands of lights on it so far.

5 sopping wet bath towels later, the tree is now outside on the deck. Where is will stay there. I'm to old for this shit.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN: Thanks, TnT! I can't imagine any meat being that cheap per pound. How much does chopped meat go for in your area? I can better gauge meat price differences by area with that than brisket.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Chopped meat? I am not familiar with the term. Do you mean hamburger? Or ground beef?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 21, 2023 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Google says brisket is between $5 and $15 a pound. One sight says average is $5 per pound.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Juju, yes, chopped meat is ground beef. I didn't know before you pointed it out, it seems to be a southern NY term.

Ground Beef dialect question

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yoshi's Mom was on a cruise! She had no service where she was! Talked to her just now.

I would say that's a good excuse.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear you've heard from her Naja. I figured she had no cell service. I have stayed in small towns on the northern coast of California where cell service is beyond limited. Hope her dog is doing well today.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I had to fill out an incident report about it, and the last question was:

• Would you like to provide your client a full or partial refund for the cost of the stay?
• If partial, what amount would you like to refund back to your client?
• Providing a refund, as a customer service gesture of good faith, may help your client continue to have a good experience, despite this incident.

Are they kidding? That dog made me skip a night of sleep in addition to everything else. Cleaning barf, going to the vet, administering medicine, hours of worry...Nope, no refund.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would hope she would tip you extra.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Now that I know the dog is fine, I'm concerned about being reimbursed for the $302.19. Sure, the company says they will if she doesn't, but in how long? A month? Longer?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN This is why I'm behind on all my shows. LOL!

House full of Dogs for Christmas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJvWt73EuME

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN:

quote:

Juju, yes, chopped meat is ground beef. I didn't know before you pointed it out, it seems to be a southern NY term.

Ground Beef dialect question

Well, that is just interesting as can be, Grooch, considering I lived in Miami for 8 years and never heard the term. People who have lived and worked at least 7 years in Miami tend to describe it as a warm New York. I betcha most of the rest of the folks here were also thinking: "chopped meat???? Oh dear, where does Grooch live?"

RN, now, good, so everybody can now say how much ground beef is in their state. In WA, $3/lb. is a super loss leader coupon and loyalty club price for a single pound, or close to standard price for a 5 pound chub. $4/lb for a 3 lb. chub (I love saying chub for some reason). $5 - $6/lb. for 1 pound.

I will discuss prime ground chuck in a later post.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 22, 2023 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, cruise makes sense for not being in touch. BUT it is NOT excusable for all the extra work and anxiety you had to go through to make sure her FAMILY member was diagnosed and treated, AND for the possible life and death decisions you were forced to make on her behalf. She just wasn't thinking that she would be totally unavailable, I am sure. Or that anything would go wrong. I am thinking a $1000 fee for being unavailable is reasonable for a crisis event, in addition to her paying the vet fee, and strict rules/conditions laid down if you would ever consider taking her as a client again.

{{{{Naja}}}} for bringing this doggie through.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 3:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I can remember as a young married buyin hamburger (ground beef) at $3#/$1.00! I feel for people trying to feed their families now!!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I don’t think or at least remember ever hearing the term chopped beef and I’ve lived in 17 states from Florida to Washington and as far north as Michigan. Around here it is ground beef though there a variations like ground sirloin, ground brisket, ground Angus, etc. As some of you might remember I grind my own beef, and have for 20+ years, to insure quality and fresh beef. I too remember when ground beef was a lot cheaper, around $.39 to $.59 a pound. Grinding up my own really doesn’t save money and it probably cost somewhere in the $4 to $5 a pound range but again it goes back to quality. By the way wife and I often just say we need to get hamburger out to thaw rather than saying ground beef.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Mack, of course you've never heard of chopped beef before. It's chopped meat!

And unless you go to Costco ($4/lb) you're lucky if you can find poor quality chopped meat for $7/lb.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 23, 2023 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the terms are pretty interchangeable here too. Another three dollar item was a pound of chicken livers! Wish I could have some of that homeground meet, Mack!
For most of my life a "barbeque sandwich" was pulled pork. Yes,we had barbequed chicken but NEVER in a sandwich -- just separate piees like our fried chicken. We DO NOT barbeaue beef! Yes, we cook ribs, steak, chops, etc. on the barbeque grill, BUT they are NOT barbequed, but GRILLED! Here barbequee refers to flavor (SMOKY!!!) not to cooking method!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2023 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
OK….as wife’s can mine explained the ground beef and chopped meat thing at least as it is used here in our part of Texas. While technically ground beef can be considered a “chopped” meat it’s not used that way here. What we do have is chopped meats (i.e., beef, turkey) that are used in chilis, stews, soups, and some Mexican dishes. The meat is chopped up about the size of sugar cubes and maybe a little larger. We never buy it and usually chop up our own if a recipe calls for a chopped meat.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, December 24, 2023 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We use hamburger in chili here, AND beans!!!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2023 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Us too. Since I make up 7 to 9 pounds at a time every three or four months it’s easy just to pull out a pack out of the freezer. And yes even though we live in Texas and the purists say no beans we do add them.