TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 09, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 06, 2023 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Passing the Patsy and Dolly test is a good thing and why not? Carly is named for another famous singer, Carly Simon, right??

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN haha! That's what I said to the owners! I said now I have a singing trio with Carly Simon.

And so far 2 dogs haven't passed the Patsy and Dolly test and didn't book with me. Well, the Patsy test. One owner thought Patsy played too rough, and one dog just didn't even want Patsy near her. Just barked and growled at her.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN I just received my first ever order from Ikea. Two very large glass shelving stands. I am about to attempt to put them together. I just opened the instructions and it is nothing but a bunch of pictures that look like they were drawn by a third grader.

It's 2:40 now. Let's see how long before I quit and give up.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I have deciphered from the first picture that I need a Phillips head screwdriver and a turkey baster.

Off to the basement to find them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, hahahahahaha Grooch. I can't wait to hear your progress reports.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN If you were close, I would do it for you, Grooch. I love putting together Ikea stuff! For me, the most important step is the first one. Go through and identify and check off every part. And set them out in a logical pattern on the floor in the order you need them.

RN Last night MsSonic came home and said the most lovely things. She said she feels so lucky to have found me, How she feels so safe coming home to this house at night, and how she is saving so much money not having to rent an apartment or house. She thinks it's great here. When she gets home early enough, we've been watching "Murder at the End of the World" on Hulu. It's really good.

While on the other end of the spectrum, NTB said she had a vision where I was wearing a golden crown and white gown. She said it was a sign my soul will be ok.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, I'm glad that NTB has caught on to what we all already knew. :-)

And so glad you have MsSonic!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN I wish you were here, too, Naja.

I am already convinced BB should take what I bought and give it to the hgs to put together as an hoh competition.

I have about 20 black metal "sticks" that all look exactly the same, but each one is slightly different with where the holes are and the notches.

I'm sure I can do it, but I am stumped with one of the pieces with the notch in it. The picture has the notch facing the outside, but if I do that, the holes where the screw goes, doesn't match up. It works on one side, but not the other.

I am certain it's the right piece. I am just going to align the holes, ignore the notch for now, and see what happens.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Some dogs ae better socialized than others and, then too, they may have had negative encounterss with other dogs!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm done! I've gone as far as I can. The last 2 steps are screwing holes into the mdf board, using the turkey baster. Above my pay scale. And the last step is screwing it into the wall. To protect myself if I ever decide to climb it.

It only took me 4 hours for the first one. The second one will have to wait til tomorrow. Or the next day, or the next. I gotta go to work tomorrow.

I did get alarmed at one point, thinking I was missing some metal hook thingies. But then I realized I had the instructions upside down and I had already done that step. I swear, it's an easy mistake to make with just those 3rd grade drawings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I fail to understand how a turkey baster can screw holes? Geez, I'd be more lost than you!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am so glad you are having a good experience with La Senora! A a group Latinos are warnhearted funloving folk - or at least that has been my experience. They are neither dirty nor lazy ad a people.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
RN "Screwing holes with a turkey baster"

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What Karuuna said. We all know your soul is just fine, Naja. In fact, it might be just the tiniest bit over-angelic.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 07, 2023 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yep, this continues to be my favourite discussion thread. Naja, glad Ms. Sonic is turning into a terrific companion and evidently a calming influence on Sister Bertrille, the flying (off the handle) nun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Turkey basters have lots of uses! I use them to suck up baby guppies out of the big tank and bring them to safety in a small tank so they don't get eaten.

RN I just dropped Patsy off at the groomers and I also bought 4 algae eating snails. The guy SWEARS they won't reproduce and become a nuisance. This kind can only breed in salt water. He better be right.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I have 70lb siberian hustky/pit bull mix coming to stay for one night. He'll be here in an hour or so. His name is Pacino!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Hope the gals don't get into competition over the new macho pup!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Now you have a famous actor! Dolly has acted as well..

I still don't get the use for the turkey baster for this particular application.

I would have said step one is search for a YouTube with instructions. I used YouTube for how to open up the key fob for my car to change batteries and how to replace a part in a toilet, among other things.

MsSonic seems to have been an excellent choice..

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 08, 2023 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN This is the first dog I've had to pull out the crate for. He just won't calm down or quit annoying my dogs. I've never seen anything like this.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Do you know if he has ever been in care or away from home before?

The turkey baster has me puzzled as well!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Pacino's profile shows him at daycare at other places and there aren't any notes from other sitters mentioning any problems.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, it sounds like a dog that isn't getting enough exercise at home. Along with crating, try frozen kongs, or puzzle/treat toys to help wear him down mentally. But huskies have a LOT of energy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN yes, as soon as he got something to chew, he was ok. Here he is with a tennis ball. That gave me 15 minutes of peace. Luckily it's not raining today so he can spend most of the time out out in the yard. Patsy stays out with him, but Dolly wanted a break and is staying in with me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2023 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, his whole leg up to his hip is a growing out shave like he had a leg or hip operation. And after playing so much with my dogs, he's limping a little like he's sore. They told me nothing about this. I hope they don't blame me for the limping. If he wasn't ready for such rough playing, they should have said something. The woman was in my house watching them play and didn't say anything.