TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: Archive through September 28, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, this is so funny, a great photo....

If you don’t need this reminder you are a better person than I am.

in Random Crap
Just a reminder that all the food you panic-bought at the beginning of the pandemic has expired.

https://thebloggess.com/2023/07/18/if-you-dont-need-this-reminder-you-are-a-better-person-than-i-am/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ha! My SPAM hasn't yet. Its still good for another year.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Honestly - didn't panic buy anything as we had a CSA that is year round. Best veggies ever!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Grooch.

Did you guys see that picture of stuff, I hope some of it can go to the Food Bank.

I just remembered I haven't checked my go bag in a few years, yes years. So I am sure the foodstuff in there is expired.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Gentle reminder, we don't allow political discussions on TVCH except in the NV area. I'll start a thread for you there, and move these posts over. Thanks!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I learned a valuable lesson while at the scan-your-own Walmart grocery store. I have always tried to "push" the buttons on the touch-screen. I couldn't get one to work yesterday. The attendant told me to just "tap" it with my fingernail. That worked! So easy. She probably thought I was stupid. Duh!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 06, 2023 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Walmart’s screens must be very narrow for the touch. At the stores by my house, I have to use my finger to make it work.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have a new laptop, and I've enabled the tap options for the touchpad, instead of the old click versions.

Does it get any easier?!? I'm ok for regular browsing, but it seems really easy to just randomly touch (=click) the touchpad and do something. E.g. I was at my bank's website and suddenly I was watching youtube, as I accidentally touched my hand on the touchpad over a bookmark I had. It's all a bit scary for important websites and online banking!

Has anyone stuck with it and loved it, or did you all just turn it off and go back to clicking?!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know the problem Kitt. I have been playing a game and then all of a sudden used something in the game that I had no intention of using.

I have to really pay attention!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I do some online puzzles and suddenly there's stuff I filled in (without knowing it) that doesn't make sense!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've change the sensitivity of the touchpad from "medium" (the default) to low, and so far I haven't accidentally clicked on anything. Hopefully that will make it usable. I do like that I'm not making the clicking noise all the time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I didn't know there was a setting for that, I am going to go and look for it! Thanks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am occasionally clicking on something accidentally, but it's much better than before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HELP with Math ... Sylvester has been getting a half pill (the pills are 5MG and he gets half in the morning and night) twice a day (every 12 hours).

I need to figure out how to change the .5 pills to only 1/3 for the entire day.

I can't get my brain to calculate this. I was thinking ok I can cut the pills into quarter and only give him 3 per day but that is more than a third.

And only giving him a half per day isn't enough.

Any ideas????? Thanks.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, you're trying to give him just 1/3rd (0.33) of a pill a day, is that right?

It depends how good a cutter you have, and how small the pills are! If they are big pills and you can cut into 6th, then you'd give two 1/6th pills to reach a third.

Otherwise you'd have to try to cut into 3rds, and give just one 1/3rd of a pill a day.

There's no maths that allows you to get to 1/3rd (0.33) out of quarter pills (0.25).

Depending on how healthy it would be to take the pills in uneven time intervals (which I don't know), you're aiming for one entire pill over three days, so you might be able to use 1/4 pill mid Day 1, 1/4 pill early Day 2, 1/4 pill late Day 2, 1/4 pill mid Day 3. Restart the pattern on Day 4. That would be the equivalent of three 1/3rd a day over three days, it's just they would be administered unevenly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was just coming to say, is there a way to make it come out as a third per day if I spread them out longer.

LOL, the pills are small, and I have a pill cutter but it only cuts them in half. I did think of cutting them into 4, but then couldn't figure out the timing to get it less than the half per day but more than the quarter per day

You are correct the original dosage is the 5mg pill per day, when I changed it to only half per day it wasn't enough so I thought I would try a total of 1/3 of a pill each day.

Is that what your uneven time interval accomplishes, LOL. This is so hard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
In case that wasn't clear, I want a third of the dose per day, instead of the full dose. Maybe that's the way to describe it.

Then I have to figure out how to cut the pills to work. Like cutting them in 4ths and only having 3 per day.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
OK, so one pill is 5mg.

You were giving him two half pills a day, so he still has 5mg a day, just in two 2.5mg portions.

But you want to reduce him to having just one third of the original 5mg pill a day, is that right? That would be about 1.67mg total a day, smaller than each 2.5mg half pill you were giving him twice a day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YES!! Correct!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And:

"when I changed it to only half per day it wasn't enough so I thought I would try a total of 1/3 of a pill each day."

You realise 1/3 is smaller than a half? Because if a half isn't enough, 1/3 wouldn't be enough either. You'd want two thirds or three quarters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I meant 2/3's dosage. Thanks for helping me figure this out, LOL.

But I wonder if I should try 3/4 per day and see how that works. Right now the full dosage is giving him diarrhea and food doesn't interest him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, 3/4 would be easy, if you can cut the original pill into quarters and have three a day.

If you wanted to try 2/3 but can only cut into 1/4 chunks, you could have
- 3 x 1/4 day 1,
- 2 x 1/4 on Day 2,
- 3 x 1/4 on Day 3
and repeat (i.e. 3-2-3-3-2-3-3-2-3...). That would be the equivalent of having 2/3 of a pill a day, just administered a little unevenly.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Naja, how would you even cut a tiny pill into quarters? I've given Burke phenobarbital for 11 of his nearing 13 years for idiopathic seizures. For first few years I had to give him 1.5 pill twice a day. Hard to cut it in half even with a pill cutter without it breaking / crumbling. It's scored. It's been some years that he gets one tab twice a day.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Crush the pill into a small amount of water, that can be divided into thirds. Mix it really well. So use 3 tablespoons perhaps, then measure 1 tablespoon of the mixture into a bit of dog food.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 28, 2023 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If you had crushed pill.. Chuck could work well as a carrier.

Arrgh. CHURU.