TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: Archive through June 30, 2023 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😞 🙏

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Have you ever deep-cleaned your vacuum cleaner? I did it today. You basically have to take it apart and rebuild it. I kind of see why some people just buy a new one. It was a LOT OF WORK! Took about two hours and I still was not able to completely clean out the hose. Nothing small and long enough. It does work a little better. Not enough though, for as much work as it was.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I've cut hair out of the vacuum rollers and wiped it all down but never have I taken one apart to clean it. I'd probably just buy a new vacuum.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
About 10 years ago I deleted my facebook account because I found it to be a place that wasn't for me. A few weeks ago I joined facebook again because I am trying to rent a room to travel nurses, but no private rental groups will let me post my ad (it gets instantly deleted or held for review and never posted), or they won't let me join at all. I have messaged the group owners and moderators asking how I can prove I'm not a scammer, but no one, and I mean not one has replied. I don't know what to do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, Facebook is awful. Most groups ignore people who are new members to Facebook, since those are, most often, scammers. And many groups aren't even monitored any more. That said, instead of a rental group, most people where I live post their rentals on neighborhood/community groups. Have you tried those?

Or, if you have a friend that has been on Facebook for awhile, they might be able to post for you.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Ha?ve you tried through your local hospitals? They might have a newsletter or bulletin boards -

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I need to post where out of towners see it. Locals are mostly looking for permanent residence. I learned that is something I don't want.

The girl staying with me now works at a hospital, but even she doesn't have access to the where the nurses hang out. She's a pharmacist. I asked her though.

I am going to give in and pay $99 for an ad on an actual nurses housing site and give up on facebook again.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, Naja, that makes sense. However, I would note that people do join our community boards to look for temporary housing as well. But I can understand you would get inquiries from both on a local group.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It makes sense to run an ad targeted to the group you want to reach. You can write off the $99 as a business expense against the rental income. It’s going to be safer too.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 25, 2023 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think it will be $99 well spent, Naja.

I was just thinking about you today and wondering how the rental is going. Is her time up in your city?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On Nextdoor if anyone mentions a rental people almost fight over it but they tend to be local.

I think the $99 would be well spent to reach your targets.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Juju, she's still here at least through July, and she's waiting on word for her extension to stay a few more months.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Finally! A private Nurses Travel group accepted me and let me post my room! WOO HOO!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's great!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay Naja! Good luck 👍

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is great, Naja.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder what other professions travel? Before WWII my dad was a CPA at Arthur Anderson in Manhattan, and he and my mom would travel and stay for months where he was doing audits. I know they lived in Michigan, where they played twilight golf and also got together with another CPA to play red dog which is similar to poker, And drank Steph's beer. And I think they were in Ohio too.

On Instagram I follow @billispeaks. Billi is a cat who uses buttons to help communicate and she is a hoot. But her human mom is a veterinarian and she travels. She was at Zoo Tampa as a vet and was on most episodes on the first season about Zoo Tampa, but she moved on and for months moving around, air bnb, her mom's place, her sister's place, where Billi was NOT fond of the resident cat and dog, and missing DAD..

Currently they are all together in their own apartment.

But I never thought about traveling zoo veterinarians.

You could have some interesting renters.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, June 26, 2023 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am glad you finally found an appropriate advertising agent! In this case "preaching to the choir" is exactly what you want to do!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This could go in a TV streaming related thread -- IDK where.

I have Paramount+ (formerly CBS - All Access), now known as Paramount+ Premium, for $99.99 annually without ads. Now included with that is Showtime. It's not an add-on -- it is permanently part of Paramount+ for $119.99 annually. If you don't want ads you have no choice. I do have Showtime bundled with another streaming app which I can remove. Paramount+ now is not giving you a choice.

I've never had cable or satellite. Seems to me a streaming app (platform?) permanently combing two apps where you have no choice is more like cable -- you take as offered or you don't take it. Paramount+ is not playing nice.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have Paramount+ basic, and it just went up to $59 annually, from $49. I can watch archived older shows without commercials, and recent current series with fewer commercials, cannot watch live television, no Showtime.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I’m sure many or at least some of you have seen the latest travel news, particularly the airline cancellations and delays that are jamming up airports. For the Mack family it hits close to home and at work. My son was supposed to fly home from Newark Tuesday. Between weather, crew shortage, late arriving equipment, etc., his flight to San Antonio was eventually cancelled. In a kind of strange domino effect Mrs Mack’s boss was scheduled to fly to Washington, DC for a big agency meeting but his flight was on the same aircraft that would have brought my son here. No plane and no substitute so his trip was cancelled and he is “attending” the meeting via video conference. Turns out a number of attendees from all over the world were unable to get to DC.

Son? He is still struck in Newark. He had a flight this morning but again cancelled. As I type this he has no idea when he will get home. Looks like Saturday at the earliest. Airline claiming weather so they are dodging picking up the bill for his hotel and meals. Luckily he was on a business trip and has been working so his company is picking up the bill.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Mack, with all the problems I was really surprised that my friend's niece got back from Puerto Rico. She had to come all the way to San Francisco and got in last night with no problems.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RE: Paramount+ discussion

For anyone that hasn't heard yet, you get commercial free Paramount+ for free with Walmart+. That's what I have.

You don't get Showtime, and the only live TV is CBS NEWS channels.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 29, 2023 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Naja, that basic Paramount+ is the one I have, and the Walmart combo is a very good deal for those who don't have ready access to a broad range of stores other than Walmart. If I lived full time in South Padre Island, TX (where we go in the winter), I would take that deal. It is EXTREMELY handy to buy assorted non-grocery items via online and pick-up at Walmart in Port Isabel, TX, rather than driving 25-40 to the larger towns. At home in WA, I have dozens of good shopping stores within 1-2 miles of our house.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 30, 2023 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Juju, Walmart+ is free delivery! You don't have to pick up your orders. My Walmart is a superstore with groceries. So I have all my groceries delivered.