TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: Archive through September 08, 2023 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I follow @LakotaMan on the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, but perhaps have not even been there today. It's been a busy day.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
He brought many hours of entertainment to many, many people - -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 27, 2023 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
BNO News Live
@BNODesk
·
1h
Joe Wurzelbacher, who became known as Joe the Plumber during the 2008 election campaign, has died after a battle with cancer. He was 49

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1h
Arleen Sorkin, the original voice of Harley Quinn from 'Batman: The Animated Series' and 'Days of Our Lives' actor, has died at age 67.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 28, 2023 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
See next post for update about account being hacked

Josh Seiter, 'The Bachelorette' Alum, Dead at 36
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
34m
'Bachelorette' alum Josh Seiter's family has confirmed the tragic news of his unexpected passing.

"It is with an extremely heavy heart that we share the tragic news of Joshua's unexpected passing,"
"For anybody who is experiencing a mental health crisis and needs help ...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
55m
Former ‘Bachelorette’ contestant Josh Seiter says hacker posted false death report to Instagram.
CORRECTION: NBC News previously ran a story from Variety incorrectly stating that former “Bachelorette” contestant Josh Seiter had died, citing a now-deleted Aug. 28 Instagram post shared to his account. The headline and article has been updated to reflect Seiter’s Aug. 29 Instagram post stating he is alive and he says his account was hacked. The previous NBC News posts have been deleted.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
10m
Singer Ray Jacobs, professionally known as AUGUST 08, has died at age 31, according to his label Def Jam Recordings. No cause of death has been shared.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
1h
Gil Brandt, who built the Dallas Cowboys into "America's Team" in the 1970s with coach Tom Landry and general manager Tex Schramm, has died. He was 91.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, August 31, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Awwwww....I adored watching Arleen Sorkin as Caliope on Days in the 90s. She was a literal ray of sunshine. :-(

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 01, 2023 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
1h
BREAKING: Mohamed Al Fayed, the former owner of the famed Harrods department store in London whose son, Dodi Fayed, was killed in a car crash with Princess Diana, has died. He was 94.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
‘Margaritaville’ singer Jimmy Buffett, who turned beach-bum life into an empire, dies at 76

https://apnews.com/article/obituary-jimmy-buffett-4295f355b39237f40663d485c4c6d557

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Nooooooooo! Too young. He was exactly two weeks younger than I.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I vaguely remember going to a number of his concerts in my youth…. Vaguely due to many pre and post concert margaritas. His concerts were definitely an experience. No one had more fun at them than Jimmy.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I was lucky to make it to one of his concerts. Always said his was the best concert ever in terms of entertainment.

Come Monday is so appropriate for this weekend….

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He played at a small venue in Portland many many times before hitting it nationally. So, I was lucky to see him in small and large venues. So many great songs. My favorite lyric of his has been in my bio here since day 1. It’s been my internal mantra for years, as it’s helped to remember this during really tough times.

“ If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.”
- Jimmy Buffett from "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Color.. I hear you..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love this discription ... loafing ...
KTVU
@KTVU
·
1h
Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, who popularized beach bum soft rock with the escapist Caribbean-flavored song “Margaritaville" and turned that celebration of loafing into an empire of restaurants, resorts and frozen concoctions, has died. He was 76.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m now reading the JB was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier this year. He certainly lived a very interesting and colorful life.

I’ve been reminded that the ‘small venue’ in Portland that I referenced above was a, kind of dive establishment, called the Euphoria tavern. It was the go to place in Portland for really good, up and coming, new acts. You went there for the music, not the atmosphere.
By the time Jimmy played the Euphoria, in Portland, he had a cult following (like me). The Euphoria booked him for 1 show, which sold out immediately… so, they booked a second show, which also sold out immediately. Shortly thereafter, his Changes in Latitudes album came out and the rest is history.
After Jimmy hit it big nationally, he named a boat Euphoria 1 and when he got another, it was Euphoria 2. There’s also a Euphoria bar in one of his establishments and they serve a euphoria cocktail.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.jimmybuffett.com/news/jimmy-buffett-1946-2023

His website says it was Merkel Cell Skin Cancer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds like you have wonderful memories from Euphoria, Kooklie!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He had that skin cancer diagnosed 4 years ago, which metastasis to the lymphatic system.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/09/02/jimmy-buffett-dead-dies-76/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 02, 2023 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes! I just read that.

CURETODAY

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
·
23m
Smash Smouth’s Steve Harwell has sadly passed away at the age of 56.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 04, 2023 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
20m
Former Smash Mouth lead singer Steve Harwell died in hospice care this morning at his home in Boise, Idaho. He was 56.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
1h
Pee-wee Herman actor Paul Reubens died of acute myelogenous leukemia.