TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I hope it will be someone as nice as the pharmacists, Seamonkey.

RN My first dog sitting client just picked up their Boxer. They dropped him off Friday. They were so happy with my dog sitting that they are dropping their old sitter and sticking with me! They said they are going to leave a glowing a review. I'll show it when they post it. I think they liked how I sent them pictures and videos a couple times a day. They gave me a $48 tip!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a perfect job for you, Naja.. Obviously limited to dogs that will get along with yours, but those are the ones best for you, too.

My cat sitter days were all pre internet, pre cell phone, but I did get her to leave phone messages every day on my home phone that I could pick up, and that was really reassuring.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN It won't really be worth it until I can fill at least 5 days a week, every week. And have 2 dogs at a time. It may be awhile before I have that.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, way to get those income streams working, Naja. I love following all of the stuff you are getting into. I am glad you didn't move to Chicago(?).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
RN, Chicago? Burke says, "Wooooof?"

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN OMG! Check out my first review as a dog sitter!

"Kacey went for a meet & greet, and when we went back for his 5 day stay, he almost jumped out the car window to get in the house. He loves her dogs, and he loves her. He was happy and clean when we picked him up and slept for 15 hours straight. We've already booked another visit."

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
That's great Naja!!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Well deserved praise for you and the girls!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I raised my prices by $5 a day. $30 for daycare, $35 for overnight. I only get $24 and $28 out of it. The rest goes to the company. I wish I would have raised them before one of my clients booked 18 days next month.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bravo Naja!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You might want to bear in mind that peoople are more likely to give big tips if they don't feel like they already paying you well enough,and the tip money is all yours!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Speaking of tips remember to keep goo records as this money is subject to Federal income tax!!! Very likely state income tax as well although I have no idea about the laws out there!! Iam sure you are already keeping careful records of the rental income you receive for tax reporting.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 14, 2023 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good job, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks you all!

Tnt, the company keeps it all in order for me in the online app. I never handle the money. The clients pay the company, the company direct deposits it to the bank. Here's what the records look like. I've only completed one job so far, so only one is listed.

My second job starts today. It's a short stay. Only until Sunday.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I wasn't thinking that the company kept up with your tips! Usually they just cover what is paaid to them as tips are usually given personaly - That is unusual and will be a big help!!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, September 15, 2023 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
On re-reading I didn't see the tip you mentioned recorded. That means you are personaly responsible for keeping up with and reporting that income. Just like you are responsibble for reporting the rental income you receive..

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Tnt, RN They tipped me in the form of adding 2 days on to the stay that the dog wasn't even here here.

RN And for renters, I write out receipts with copies for all the rent. I bought one of those receipt books that is especially designed for rent receipts. So I have it covered :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Naja, super-stoked for you! 😀 Congrats!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Just when I think I can catch up on the bills, I get another blow. I just got a notice that my homeowners insurance is doubling from approx $2,000 a year to $4,000 a year.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yikes that's a steep increase. Has there been flooding or fires where you are located? I know areas in California have raised home insurance because of how climate change is effecting certain areas.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Nope, nothing new about the weather, except milder winters, and hotter summers. No flooding, no tornadoes, no blizzards. For years.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, they are just raising rates all over to cover all the natural disasters.

The only thing I can think of is to have them review your policy and see what you might be able to do to reduce it.

I end up changing insurance companies every few years, as they will lowball your rate to get your business and hope you will stay, then raise it every year. Once it gets up to a level that I'm not happy with, I go shopping again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 16, 2023 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Several companies aren't writing new policies in California and Florida. Fewer choices.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
That was one of the reasons I sold my house years ago! I could rent a nice apartment in one of the most popular areas of town for1/4 to 1/3 of what my house was costing me - and I was free from repair bills, lawn carecosts,etc! Invested the proceeds and am still living off of them7

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, September 17, 2023 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN we couldn’t sell our house and save money on housing by renting. Our house payments are well below what a two bedroom apartment rents for here. Problem here is the state relies heavily on property tax for income as we have no state income tax. Landlords have no choice but to pass that on. Also gone are the days where utilities are included in most rents with each unit metered for at least gas and electricity and some even water.