TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 11, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 11, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, why do car rental companies collect data other than GPS Stuff? This was interesting news to me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I read that stuff today, but didn't know it was limited to rental car companies, thought it was ALL of our cars that we connect to with our smartphones. It scared the crap out of me, so I have spent the day doing a bunch of stuff I need to get done before we start traveling again, just to keep my mind off it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, it could be all cars, I just picked up on the rental car thing because, in my mind, there is not one reason why they would need to gather info on people, other than the GPS.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 08, 2023 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm.. when I got my current car in 2015 it has the capability to sync with a cell phone but it didn't work with the one I had at that time.

I have a newer phone now but never really thought about syncing and not sure I think it is such a good idea. As it is my devices seem to talk to each other at times. Like my fitbit setting to remind me to start getting ready for bed, which I mostly ignore, also comes through on my cell phone

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 2:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
What kind of info are they collecting?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
And what did the Nun think of the Nun movie?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She liked the first "Nun" movie better. I agreed. LOL I had seen the first one a few years ago, but I played the first one for her the day before so she would be caught up to see the second one.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grooch, they are collecting everything they can, name address, income, etc., up to and including stuff about your sex life. At least that is what the news report said.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sex life? Wt...?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
😲 🫢

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, LMAO, I know Grooch, I wasn't sure how that would be accomplished unless they tracked you to a stip club or something, but that was what they said.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They could be tracking anything on your phone.that

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I googled and read an article. They listen in on your conversations and use that info to sell. So, if your noisy while having sex in the car, they got you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 09, 2023 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN I just looked out the window and saw a bunch of crackles at my feeder. They must be heading south for the winter now.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN: I just went outside and put a bunch of peanuts in the crow feeder for them. I hope they come back before the squirrels get them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN: Holly cow! They came back fast and brought their friends.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Do they ever leave you gifts for feeding them? Crows are known to do that. Maybe something shiny like a key or someone's lost earring. Look around for it.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Sounds like you and the nun are getting along well! How about the otherlodger?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My mom used to leave peanuts for the scrub jays in her yard. When the crows came, she’d get so upset. After she passed, my dad was trimming the hedge…. Peanuts kept falling out. They were hoarding them!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN Crows do thar! Hide food.. But mice, rats, possums, raccoons can find them.

Someone on Instagram has all sorts of gifts from crows.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 10, 2023 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Grooch, you mean grackles, right? We have tons of them in South Padre Island, TX during the winter.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Tntitanfan, the traveling pharmacist's stay ended Aug 31. So I am trying to get her room filled as soon as possible.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We don't have crackers here, but I really enjoyed them on a company trip to Dallas when they planned to relocate to Irving, Texas and were showing us the wonders of relocation and we were taken on house looking trips with a real estate agent. Mines was named Priscilla and she told me those huge flocks of birds were grackels. I like them a lot. Company never relocated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 11, 2023 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, it will be interesting to see who you get next..