TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 14, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 14, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 30, 2023 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN And I had been listening to true crime and ghost podcasts just before, so I was primed to be scared out of my wits. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 31, 2023 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN DAMMIT! I PHD that graduated from Oxford and teaches language studies applied for one of my rooms, but it ends up I live a little too far from his work! 60 miles.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Well, there's my wood floor cleaner at someone else's house

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, it's not at my house either if that helps Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 06, 2023 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN haha, sure that helps narrow it down :-)

RN I had to put my electric can opener out on the deck. There is a GIANT spider living in that space where you you can put the cord inside. I didn't know until I saw him on counter and he ran inside it when he saw me. He has an intricate web built in there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN We had a little mishap.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha are you sure it wasn't on purpose????

Floor snacks are always the best.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Clean up on isle 9. 😀

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
How lucky are you to have automatic floor cleaners on hand when a spill occurs?!?! Good, good doggies!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 09, 2023 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hoover and Kirby..

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN My son’s mother….my ex….is on Maui and apparently trapped by the fires. She is staying in a timeshare with a friend and did send pictures of the fire from their balcony about a mile from their location. He lost contact with her yesterday afternoon. Apparently the cell service and Internet have gone down at least in the area of the condo. When they could still talk she said the two roads she could use to get to the airport was blocked by the fires.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Tell her to get out NOW! There is no reason for taking chances!

It's so strange thinking of Hawaii as prone to wildfires. I know I always think of it as such a moist place.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The last time I tuned into news about Maui, they were talking about the logistics of transporting 11,000 people to other islands. It sounded like they were in the process of setting up buses to get people to boats and airplanes. I'm so sorry your ex is caught up in this, Mack. I'm sure your son is beyond worried. Remind him that he might not hear from her until she reaches another island. Hopefully that is soon and she is okay. I can't even imagine trying to transport 11,000 people let alone their emotional state. It reminds me of the devastation of Paradise, California. My heart goes out to Hawaii right now.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 10, 2023 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naja, I would have never thought of Canada having this issue as well. I don't want to think of this as the new normal for the planet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mack, honestly I'm not remotely religious, but I'm praying hard that your ex is okay. The fire situation there is beyond devastating. 🙏

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN Ex is still trying to get on the flight list to get off Maui. The airlines are flying basically empty planes to Maui. They load them up and fly to Honolulu. She is 75 years old so is considered “elderly” which moves her up the list a bit. Without the fires she scheduled to leave Maui today but that reservation is useless given the circumstances.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That's great news, Mack, in the sense that you have heard from her and at least know that she is okay. Last night, our local news covered a plane that had flown directly from Maui to Sacramento and the passengers coming off looked relieved but exhausted. Hopefully she gets out today.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 11, 2023 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, this thread prompted me to think if I know anybody in Maui, and I do have a neighbor here who is there now. I sent her an e-mail last night, and she is okay in Kihei, which the fires spared.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been following several Instagram accounts and it is devastating. People lost homes and jobs, family and transportation. And pets.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN Ex is off Maui and supposedly on her way home. In fact if the connections all worked out she could even be back here in Texas. Son says he doesn’t know but thinks she made it to Dallas late last night or early this morning.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 12, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is great, Mack! She and other tourists needed to be able to leave for their own sakes and also to lessen the burden of people needing to be fed

As for the climate in the islands there have always been dry or desert sides that existed. I knew people decades ago who had lived there and gave me that information. It looks like there was a lack of brush clearance near some low power lines, so like in Southern California a wetter than usual winter results in more brush to dry. And that fuels fires. Winds helped to start things by enabling power lines to hit brush. Could certainly also be caused by careless humans, or arson. Plenty of local posts are convinced that these fires were meant to eject locals from the area, that without jobs they won't be able to pay taxes. Some don't trust FEMA.

There are questions about lack of warning, especially that sirens ever went off. Relying on email or texting stops working when power is down and cell towers fail. Some people said power went out, backup generators kicked in but by then flames were approaching and they had to leave, if they could.

Washington State and Oregon are considered to be wet, but that isn't true of eastern portions.

I am sure Canada has always had dry areas.

Climate change is also real.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 13, 2023 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank heavens, Mack!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN If I tell you this, you won't believe it. I was so sad the other night that I couldn't get that second room rented out, so I actually prayed for a tenant.

God must have a sense of humor because a 56 yr old woman studying to become a Nun is looking at the room tomorrow. Now that's pretty funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN She couldn't wait. She came today to see the room, and she's moving in tomorrow.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, August 14, 2023 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja, believe it or not . . . BELIEVE!