TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 22, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Gripe thread......MAJOR : Archive through July 22, 2023 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m still taller than both my sisters, so I’m good.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks to the taller among you who have reached an item or two from a top shelf for this average height person.
I am also an inch shorter than I used to be.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Remodel. Flooring issues. Heavy sigh.
Estimates off, cost increasing.

Would anyone like to buy an overused kidney?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 25, 2022 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

IF I WAS BLUE I'D OFFICIALLY BE A SMURF. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED SOMETHING ON THE FLOOR.

Excellent trivia question, OG. How tall is a Smurf? Three apples tall.

Bigdog and I have always been the same height, but I have longer appendages. I can still just barely reach items on the 7'6" shelves, but he cannot. We bought this house with cabinet shelving all the way to the 8' high ceiling. I thought it was quite odd when I met the sellers, and they were both quite tiny. They did have a very nice stepstool, which I bought from them for when I shrink more.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
THIS SMURF IS 5'2".

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 27, 2022 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Seems like every morning my internet continually goes in and out. Every other second, I get the pop up "No Internet". On Facebook,it will say your internet connection was restored. I didn't know it was out. Annoying!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My rent is going up yet AGAIN! Seems like it goes up every year. Ugh!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Another thing, the elevator is out again at work. Too much work lugging everything up and down stairs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Petsmart AND Walmart both left my orders at the wrong houses today! This happens over and over. I am so sick of it. The Petsmart was actually last night and it was frozen worms and brine shrimp for my fish, so those are ruined even if I do get them. DH just left to see if the Walmart order was left at the house around the corner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That is really annoying, what is it about the other house that makes them think it is your address?

Can you leave notes for the deliverers? A couple of my places have a spot for notes where you might be able to give them some special instructions.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the note to the drivers, I always describe my house to a T (White house, black shutters) and I even say what kind of car is in the driveway. I really can't do much more. They completely ignore it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The mail people frequently leave my mail or packages at my neighbors or maybe somewhere else. I put bigger numbers at the door, doesn't help when they get the street wrong. We generally redeliver then to each other.

new gripe

Well, I guess I will be ordering out, my driveway was dug out Saturday and no one notified me. they are putting in new curbs. Why did they put in a curb on my drive way? and dig out a 1 foot deep hole right in front of it?
I have been sick and wanted food today, but can't get out. Guess I will have to cancel my doctor's appointment tomorrow, and oh the town will so hear from me.
but I am lucky, there are 4 restaurants a block away, so I guess I will be going out for dinner this week. I might just put up a picture if they have the lobster tapas in one of them. gearing up to eating out. Wish there was still a deli, but that closed down several years ago. there is Italian, French and rainbow (I don't know what to call them, they have very few extremely unusual and expensive dishes each day and they call them selves "the rainbow" but specialize in Milk shakes, my 6 year old great niece loves it) in one direction and a coffee and cake shop in the other.

apparently the houses in the street were notified, but not me. Their cars are parked on the street, except for most of them who do not have their driveway dug up (the majority). Granted the town owns the first 10 feet of my property, still they have made my drive way unusable and we don't have street parking overnight except in an emergency, which this is.
Well I will ask the town, since I was never notified, who is going to take me to my doctor appointment tomorrow.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can’t you take Lyft or some other ride sharing to the doctor?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I never used car service by phone app. I live in the center of town, so I used to walk to stores and doctors before the recent COPD. They helped me out and back the other day. Should be done tomorrow.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Ugh!!! I finally get 60 years old, finally old enough to get my widow's benefits. Now they are talking about not raising the debt ceiling and getting rid of all social security and benefits next month. I'm only going to get one month? Not fair!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They’re not going to get rid of them. If anythIng, they will be delayed until the budget passes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Or hopefully there will be a token cave that changes nothing and passes the debt payment

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 02, 2023 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You should be okay, Hecka. And I am glad for that.
But your scare is also why you should never vote Republican, as they are the ones voting to take away benefits people in your position have EARNED.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Biden will never allow that.

I thought the Republicans promised not to mess with Social Security?! Lyin' liars.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2023 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No such thing as promises any more.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Things are really getting bad with next door neighbor's yard. She literally hasn't even mowed it this summer. I asked her ex-in-laws to tell her to do something, but nothing has happened yet. I'm friends with her ex-in-laws because this was their house until they let her move in and they moved across the street. Their son left her but they let her stay so they could be near their grandchild. I can't even get in my yard without climbing under their prickly bush in the foreground. Well, it used to be a Rose of Sharon bush, now it's a mixture of weed trees and and multiple other things. No way can I call the city because I don't need neighbors hating me and they would know it's me since I already complained to them personally. I was nice about it. See the line of trees/bushes lining the back fence? Those are weeds she let grow because back when someone did mow, they never trimmed along the fence.

At this point I'm not asking what to do. I'm just venting. To show you the difference, here's my yard and couple surrounding yards.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Oh my goodness. What popped into my mind was that it reminds me of the Gilgo Beach murderer's house. His yard looks like hers, while all the rest of the houses have pristine yards. You don't think she's hiding any dead bodies over there, do you?

My second thought is that roundup, vinegar or salt will take care of the weedy bush problem, when no-one is looking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha, I don't have the nerve to do something like that. That isn't even the worst angle. Check out the deck and underneath. It's hard to see, but the sliding screen door is just hanging there all mangled.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahaahahahaha Grooch, I believe when a bush / tree infringes on your property you have the right to trim it back.

I would get one of those tools that have a long handle that is used to shape bushes, I bet you can rent one for a few hours and cut it back.

Then get rid of the evidence and tool and act innocent should you be questioned about it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My house and yard are so much work for me to take care of by myself, the very last thing I want to do is the neighbor's work as well. I've really got to say something to get her off her ass.

eta: I've seen her carry a giant thick wooden table and benches I left out front for someone to take for free, so I know she's physically capable.