TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 10, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: Archive through July 10, 2023 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I don't own any guns.

One night I heard a lot of yelling outside near my house.

I didn't go out to check, it was two dark.

I ran into a neighbor a couple of days later.

He said he had checked it out.

He stepped outside and a policeman asked "Do you have a loved one inside?"

He said to the policeman, "Yes, my wife."

The policeman said "Get back inside. Lock all the doors. If you have a gun, get it ready."

This was on a quiet suburban street.

I am careful to lock my doors now.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I have a couple of friends who are police officers, they have handguns. I've never seen the weapons unless they are in uniform and have their sidearms on. Other than that, I know no one who has handguns. My uncle and nephew and a few friends have hunting rifles. They also hunt on a regular basis. They also share their hunting gains with me on occasion. I love moose and deer.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I don't know of anyone who owns a handgun. I know many who own hunting rifles.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We have two handguns and one shotgun. These were inherited by my wife from her parents. They are locked away in a safe and though I periodically clean and oil them none have been fired in the 15 years they’ve been in our possession. They were part of a much larger collection her parents had and my wife wanted to keep the ones that were special to she and her parents. The rest of the collection was either bought by or auctioned off by a licensed gun shop to other licensed and registered collectors.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, November 04, 2022 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
While we don't have any, probably 90% of the people I know have guns - and at least half of them would have handguns. Almost everyone has rifles for hunting, and we know (based on the almost nightly gunshots we hear) that some of them have automatic and semi-automatic guns. It sounds like a war zone in our area of the country almost 6 months a year.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
How many people have holiday or holiday adjacent birthdays? Family members with same?

My birthday is on Thanksgiving every 6 years.

I have a sister whose birthday falls on Memorial Day sometimes. Mom, brother and nephews who may have an Easter birthday. Sisters with Halloween and New Years adjacent birthdays and a BIL who is a Christmas baby. He decided to celebrate on January 25th instead a few years ago. Hubby's birthday is close to the 4th of July. His siblings have birthdays that may fall on Easter or Memorial Day as well.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
My hubby and I have birthdays that sometimes fall on Easter, my niece and nephews (triplets) have July 4th birthdays, my Dad's birthday sometimes fell on Labor Day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My sister is the day before thanksgiving this year. I always make sure I celebrate her birthday ... Thanksgiving isn't as big a deal.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
My daughter's birthday sometimes falls on Easter. My father-in-law was born on July 4th.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
My little sister had all three of her children on April Fool's Day, April 1st but each 3 years apart.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Wow Egbok, I wonder if that is some sort of a record? I don't belive I have ever heard of 3 siblings with the same birthday, except triplets.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
While I am trying to figure out what holiday happens about 9 months before April 1. Aha!!! Egbok, were your parents perhaps big celebrants of the American 4th of July? You may award me a kewpie doll if this is correct.

And I only ask this because Bigdog was born 9 months and 4 days after New Year's Eve in the year Bigdog's Daddy returned from "The Big War" (at age 42), so they may not have been expecting to be making a baby that celebratory night when they could have been a trifle tipsy.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Happy Birthday to me & Dipo's sister!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My mother always said that I was born on the 1st night of Passover, which occasionally coincides with Easter. (Different calendars.) After my parents split up when I was 2 years old, I always had 2 b'days, she went by the Jewish calendar and he went by the regular calendar. 🎂 😁 🎂

My BIL was born on Christmas (eve or day - not sure.)

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I was talking to across the cul de sac neighbor this weekend and he mentioned his wife was going to retire later this year. He retired a couple years ago when AT&T closed down what had been the Southwest Bell headquarters here. I asked if they were now going to travel with no kids at home and now just some free lance consulting. He said no, they were happy at home and have no desire to travel. He went on to say he has never been out of the US, never had a passport, and has only lived in Pennsylvania and Texas. He just shakes his head when I say I have lived in 10 states, visited all but three of the 50 states, have lived in three foreign countries and visited another 20+.

So my poll question is: Have you ever travelled outside of the US?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been to the Caribbean and Mexico; never been to Europe or Canada.

But I traveled a lot for business all over the US so when I retired I was happy to just stay at home.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That's interesting to me. I can't imagine having no desire to travel ever in your life.

I have been to Mexico, Sweden, and several times to Canada.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have been to Mexico, Bahamas and Canada

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I guess it is just in my blood so to speak. We love to travel though lately it has been mostly taking cruises. We have close to 400 days cruising including over 100 days in the Mediterranean. I would probably camp in an RV but Mrs Mack ask if there was Internet and phone service. I said yes. She said “Good. You’ll be able to send me messages or call me to tell me where you are.” 😬

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Earlier in life, I went to France, Mexico, Hawaii and Tahiti. I always had visions of traveling when I retired but then when it happened, all I wanted was to visit the coast and listen to the waves. If anything, I think I have more of an interest in traveling around the states now - by train, which I would never have imagined ten years ago, lol.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been to 48 states, some of them quite a few times as I hit 48 by age 13 but have covered more of some states later on road trips and flying in so my "corners" hit would be Brunswick, Maine, Key West, Florida, the California Mexican border south of San Diego and Orcas island in the Puget Sound. Lived in 4 states and born in District of Columbia and only been to Mexico from Texas, Arizona and California and Canada from Michigan and NY. Lived in 7 cities in California though one city was just mailing address, as we lived in Cleveland National Forest on a Star Route, but I did work in that city later.

Even when I did travel often, I was grateful for anyone who was not out on the road or in an airport at the same time, so those of us not traveling are helping!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I believe I have been to around 25 states. Most of the southern and central ones don't interest me with Alaska, Washington and maybe Vermont being on my someday wish list. Foreign travel is what really interests me these days and I think everyone should do it at least a bit. Really opens your eyes and world view. I've been to Mexico, Canada, part of the Carribean on cruises, stayed in Honduras, Peru. Also been to Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo and Thailand. Only been to PAris and Italy so have a lot more to see in Europe. My next trip is likely returning to Japan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is interesting, Mack, I have always been a homebody; I have moved and lived in multiple states, and multiple places up and down the coast of California, so I was happy when I was able to "settle" in my home and just stay put, LOL.

Last cruise I was on we stayed on the ship the entire time (that was marvelous) until we got to San Diego where we got off for the Zoo.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love being at home too and I think travel is hard, so unless someone has done it when younger, it doesn't seem like old age and retirement is the best time to embark on a new adventure like international travel. But I'm sure some do as there are so many tour groups geared for the older traveler. What I'd really like to do when I'm retired is pick a place and stay for a month or two. so hard to do when you have pets.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've been to Canada regularly (Michigan neighbor), Spain, Mexico, and all the countries of the UK (though only the airport in Ireland - climbed the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales, though). I've only lived in 2 states, but Michigan is about as good as it gets stateside. :-) We've got another trip to Scotland planned in October, I'll be headed on a Viking Danube cruise next fall, and our bucket list has at least 4 other countries where we want to spend at least a month once we're officially retired as well. We'll be taking another 3-week trip to Scotland w/my cousins as well, so we will NOT be sitting still!