TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 28, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 28, 2023 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja that really bites!
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN, that is really tough, Naja, no matter what the amount was to begin with and why it went up. Is this just something that happens or associated with you losing your DH this year? Did that cause re-assessment? And hitting you on your birthday.. I am so sorry about the timing.

RN I hope you can still celebrate your birthday.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rn, not what you want to see for sure.

Hope your birthday gets better

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Looking on Nextdoor, a lot of people are upset. There is going to a special town hall for it soon. People keep calling to get re-assessed, but no one will return their calls. The letters have been going out for awhile so a lot of people got their assessments over the past few weeks already.

Thank you for the bday wishes :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 12, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
RN ~ Hope your Birthday gets better, Naja.

That is a steep increase for one year. I hope your local government has an explanation for it or that they can at least explain why the increase couldn't be slowly implemented over a few years if it was really needed.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 3:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN We’re having the same property tax issue here in Texas. We don’t have state income tax here in Texas so the state relies heavily on sales tax and property tax for income. They haven’t raised the rates but house values here have soared and county assessments have gone up in response. After very little growth over the years our house has doubled in value in the past three years. Luckily I am able to get some relief because my age so part of our property taxes are frozen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In California, in 1978, we passed Proposition 13 (which has been under attack constantly since that time) that put a top percent the assessed value could be raised as long as the original owner lived in that property. Also that holds for when that property is passed along in a trust. This allowed older people who had bought small homes in areas where prices had soared (and this was happening already in the seventies or earlier) and also meant that a giant increase in value did not impact inheritance. When the property was sold, then the assessed value would jump way up on long held properties. If someone moved around a lot, then each new home started with current assessed value.

People buying homes now say it isn't fair that a neighbor who has lived their for decades, with assessed value and taxes increasing each year (with rare exceptional years when values might drop for recent assessments), but if that same person stays around, they will soon benefit from the process.

We also have state income tax, so the whole burden isn't on the property owners, and some areas or cities have extra sales tax as well.

A big problem here is for those in mobile home/manufactured home parks where they may own their home, or have a mortgage, but they pay rent to the property owner and some of the raises in rent are really mind blowing! And there is also the problem where the owner will want to just sell the property and that leaves those homeowners with no place to go, particularly for those with older units that wouldn't be allowed in a new place. A new unit could be moved, maybe, but at great expense.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I was starting my grocery list last night, and it says Milk, Eggs, Water, and SF. What could SF be? I just can't recall at all.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, that's funny Naja.
Sugar Free something?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I'm sure it's not that. I think I'll go into the "reorder" section and see if anything matches.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Some food?

Nothing on the list would I consider FOOD!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN. Some Fruit, sugar & flour, sausage & flan, sage & fennel?
Eagerly awaiting the answer once you remember Naja.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
San Francisco sourdough?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, hahahahahaha, Naja, I do that all the time, it makes me crazy trying to figure out what I meant.

could it be Sugar Free something?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, Soup & focaccia, soap & fabreeze?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN - Sunday flowers

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 3:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I got out of bed to log on to say I just remembered! SF = SlimFast! Well, the cheaper walmart brand. The ready made bottles. I like them as breakfast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN How weird is this. I got this little package from Chewy.com and I opened it. Flea and heartworm meds. I quickly realized it wasn't mine. It had my address, but the wrong name. The packing slip had the customer phone number so I texted it that I think I have their package. Someone replied in Spanish that they don't order from Chewy. So I got a package with my address, someone else's name, and a phone number to a Spanish speaking person in Chicago with the area code 773.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
There's an intriguing situation!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, Slimfast, it makes sense now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, mystery solved!

I would rather have soup & focaccia than slimfast.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN So would I!

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN Just put Mrs Mack on a plane for another trip to Poland. Her third official visit this year! Unfortunately it had to be Father’s Day but it is what it is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Remember I was complaining about my property taxes going up 50%? Well now there is a class action suit. Am I automatically part of it?

There's a class action lawsuit against my county (Jackson) about the illegal raising of property taxes. Does it mean I am part of it as well? https://www.kctv5.com/2023/06/25/class-action-lawsuit-filed-over-jackson-county-assessments/

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Right now, remembering the five staff lost five years ago at the Capital Gazette. #PressOn