TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 04, 2023 users admin

Bzbee

04-26-2004

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bzbee a private message Print Post    
Need help in the Games area. The thread "6 letter words" is wonky and needs moderator or technical fixing.
Thank you.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Not sure that can be fixed, unfortunately, the thread looks like it was corrupted.

Bzbee

04-26-2004

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bzbee a private message Print Post    
Can it be deleted and a new one set up?

Bzbee

04-26-2004

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bzbee a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Karuuna. I am sure someone will be able to start a new thread when it is time to do that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 16, 2023 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, BzBee... sorry we couldn't fix it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So funny. I had never heard of litter tracker rugs. Everyone I know with cats have always used newspapers underneath. And what about for bird cages. They are usually used at the bottom of the cages. Hmm. Everybody says they don't know what they are going to do. I don't either.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Birdcages is what I thought of immediately.

I guess they are really called litter tracking mat, I always hope the litter will fall off their paws onto the mat. Sometimes it works, and sometimes not, LOL.

Packing paper or newsprint paper would work, I don't think it's that expensive. I remember I bought a pack for about $20 when I moved.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2023 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have a litter mat under Katniss' box. I haven't gotten a paper newspaper in years and I had stacks that I donated to a rescue for bunnies. They also LOVE the cardboard rolls from paper towels and toilet paper. (Guinea pigs also like cardboard.) All my old paper phone books went long ago to the shelter for bunnies.. they love ripping them up.

My mom used to use paper bags in our birdcage which had a round bottom.

The litter travels far and wide, up and down, in my place..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Litter mats are awesome!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is the deal with all these young people dying from heart attacks. Now I realize some have other issues, like obesity or former drug addictions but it just seems like there is a lot of this happening.

Or is it just that we know about it now? And doctors need to take more care with young kids / teens / and young adults in checking their heart situations.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Non vaxers are blaming it on the Covid vax

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 19, 2023 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah I have heard that Pamy but young people were having the issue before covid and I think we just didn't know how often it was occuring, especially with sports teams.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just saw a news report on the 4 day Work week, made me laugh.

Apparently they did a test in England (I think that was where it was) and have found it helps with Mental Health.

Guess they haven't worked in corporation where all the executives always "worked from home" on Fridays, LOL, and didn't seem to be available to do business.

At least that was my experience, Oh and the leave at noon on Fridays to avoid the rush to Tahoe.

Funny how it didn't apply to the hourly folks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q / Comment ... I have been wondering if it is possible to put a tree that fell over back up. At least the healthy ones where they jsut fell over because the ground was saturated.

It seems like if you could put them back up and pack down the roots and secure the tree that they might survive.

A really beautiful 100 year old tree fell over in SF on a house and it sure would have been nice to save it instead of cutting it up.

Of course, maybe it is just that after falling over they are to stressed to survive being replanted.

Just some thoughts today.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think if the main root wasn't damaged you could. But I would think you'd have to take into consideration the life span of the tree and if it's worth it.

We just had an oak and maple tree cut down in the back yard. They were probably 50 years old and to close to the house double trunks half way up. They might have looked fine on the outside, but they had large rotten parts on the inside. It was only a matter of time before they came down in a storm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good point, many of these trees are so old it may just be their time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q / Thought: So I was thinking about how you can't really flip a mattress these days because the bottom doesn't have the same cover as the top.

What if you got one of those pillowtop mattress covers, could you then flip your mattress? Seems like some of those are pretty thick and would work to make the bottom like the top.

Anyway, another thing that has crossed my mind.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2023 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mine had the pillow top part on both sides. But a King Size isn't flippable for me. I put a memory foam topper on top anyway. Love that.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 02, 2023 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don’t flip but, I spin it around occasionally. That is move the bottom right corner up to the top left corner. I tend to sleep on one side, so that works for me to balance it out more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 02, 2023 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I rotate it often but was thinking I could try a flip with a mattress topper.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 03, 2023 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I rotated mine once, but that is hard on my back. I originally ordered a queen size but my stairs configuration made it impossible for the delivery guys to get the box spring upstairs, and they certainly tried! So I had to go to a king, which has 2 box springs. But the King mattress is so big.

Mattress topper is a great addition.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 03, 2023 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Is queen size mattress standard size these days? For only me, all I need and have is a full / double.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They still sell full sized mattresses.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, April 04, 2023 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
What gives with the few jurisdictions….and even the Federal government….talking about banning gas ranges in new construction? It’s not being discussed here in Texas, at least not that I have seen, so I’m a little lacking in the arguments being tossed around. The few things I have heard seem to center on two basic themes. One, is some concern about air quality within a home especially if there are adults or children with compromised health/breathing issues. Two, is trying to break the reliance on fossil fuels.

Now neither my wife or I or anybody who has ever visited has had any obvious issue with us cooking on our natural gas cooktop. In fact, it is our preferred cooking method to the point where we have insisted on a gas cooktop along with gas hot water heaters and furnaces. I’ve having trouble wrapping my head around cooking so much so long that you impact the air quality in the house. Out of 24 hours I can’t imagine our cooktop being on for more than 20-30 minutes once a day and that’s for fairly major dinners.

The fossil fuel argument actually, while still a bit of a reach, makes more sense to me. At least I understand it even if I don’t fully agree. Don’t get me wrong, we are very much into “green” alternate electrical generation. We have invested a considerable amount in solar panels for our house and generate about 90% of our needs. Yes, we save a little between what residual electrical bill we have and the payment for the panels and supporting equipment. All in all we think we did the right thing and are glad we on contributing. But back to natural gas. At least here in the US we have plenty and no real concern about running out any time soon. In fact, natural gas in the oil business is actually a bit of a nuisance and more of it is burned off at the well head than is captured and used for gas powered electrical plants, alternate fuel vehicles, furnaces/water heaters, and general gas appliances.