TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 31, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 27, 2023 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Chicken Marsala - chicken breast cooked in Mushroom Marsala Wine Sauce, served over Creamy Pasta with Steamed Carrots.

OR

Old-Fashioned Stuffed Cabbage - Cabbage stuffed with a mix of beef and riced cooked in Marinara sauce served with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots.

Pound cake with berry compote sauce was the dessert.

I had the Chicken, it was great and the dessert was too!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Well, I would have chosen the stuffed cabbage, but the potatoes and carrots are throwing me off. They don't go together.

And it was a good night to skip, the night before.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Last night would have been a tough choice for me, I may have done stuffed cabbage.

The night before I would have had spaghetti, that's my weakness.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You guys are too funny.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dipo, we're living vicariously. Let us be. :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I like sour cream with my stuffed cabbage. If I asked for a side of it, would they give it to me?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I love your comments. They usually have sour cream available, so yes, Grooch.

Right now we are "suffering" from a whipped cream shortage, LOL.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Grooch is completely correct!

My food primarily consists of frozen dinners, currently, since hubby's taste buds have changed, and we don't know what he likes and doesn't, I don't want to make a dinner and have him not like it.

Also, he doesn't do leftovers like he used to, so he'll eat something, and it will just be "ok" so he doesn't want it again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's a bummer Scooterrific. I understand not wanting to waste the food, it costs so much now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight we have Rotisserie Chicken - slow roasted chicken served with Macaroni & Cheese and Steamed Broccoli / carrots.

OR

Big Red Enchilada - cheese and red enchilada sauce, layered and baked. Served with black Bean puree and topped with Corn Pico De Gallo & Sour Cream.

Some sort of cobbler for dessert.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
hmmmm

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Big red enchilada! Sour cream, yum!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes, Grooch has swayed me!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Classic pot roast tonight. Mrs Mack is on a business trip to Washington, DC so my son and I are having pot roast. Mrs Mack doesn’t like pot roast. Helps the weather has cooled off here so only a high of 66F today which is perfect roast weather.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I had the chicken but the enchilada did look really good.

The chicken was a leg and thigh so I got extra mac/cheese, then saved the thigh and some mac/cheese for lunch today ... Yum

OH and I guess the whipped cream shortage is over so I had apple cobbler with whipped cream for dessert.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh Mack, I love pot roast!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Citrus-Glazed Salmon topped with a sweet orange Cilantro Glaze, served with Rice Pilaf and Roasted Mix Vegetables.

OR

Shepherd's pie - Beef and Vegetables cooked together and Topped with a layer of cheese mashed potatoes; baked until golden delicious.

Creme puffs for dessert.

I had Shepards Pie and some creme puffs, it was was great. The salmon looked really good as well.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Ok. I tried pot roast in a slow cooker rather than my standard oven method. To be honest it was not good. I will never do that again. Could have been the chuck roast as everything else was exactly the same. Disappointed. Ugh.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Mack, I do not care for pot roast at all. My boyfriend loves it. He would always make it in the slow cooker and it would be dry as a rock.

Years ago, Lakecat posted a slow cooker pot roast recipe in the cooking thread. I think it was call Mississippi Pot Roast. You throw the pot roast in the slow cooker along with a packet of ranch dressing mix, a packet of something else, some peppers from a jar and butter. It come out really good and moist. I can actually eat it. You can Google the recipe. And Lake at cuts the butter in half.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Easy one tonight. Shepards Pie. I detest fish.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Love Shepard's Pies, Salmon not so much!

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The crockpot pot roast was okay but not my best. I should have stayed with cooking it in the oven. Used the exact same ingredients, etc., but it seemed dry and lacked the flavor I usually get. Could have been the chuck roast too but all in all I was disappointed. No more slow cooking for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mack, sorry yours didn't turn out the way you like.

I do love a Oven roasted pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions. Let it slow cook for a hour or two, depending on the size - my roasts were small since I was cooking for one, the smell wafting thru the house! Heaven.

Then leftover roast beef sandwiches for days, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Classic Sloppy Joe w/ homemade coleslaw and seasoned roasted potatoes

OR

Tex-Mex Veggie Chili - topped with sliced Avocado, fried tortilla strips, sour cream, cilantro and served with cornbread.

Cheesecake for dessert.

WOW, the Veggie Chili was really good!! and I love the cornbread and cheesecake. The sloppy joes are good as well but I had those before.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, March 31, 2023 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I would have gone with the sloppy joe :-)