TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 21, 2023 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN DH is in the hospital with pneumonia. He couldn't breath and the ambulance took him about 3pm yesterday when his oxygen level dropped suddenly to the 70s. I stayed until about 11. I'm going back in a couple hours. He seemed ok when I left once they put the CPAP machine on him. His lung situation is what's making things worse.

ETA: On the bright side, I finally was forced to learn how to use Uber.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 10, 2023 - 11:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sending prayers, Naja.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
More prayers from here Naja.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thinking of you and your DH.

One thing for sure, knowing how strong your technical ability is, using Uber and the app should be a breeze for you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 11, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, sending prayers from So California for your DH anyou,btoo.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thank you so much everyone.

RN I just had a horrible scare. When I was bringing in the grocery delivery, both of the dogs slipped right past me and took off. They wouldn't come back. Thankfully the lady who delivered the groceries drove me down to where they ran and she helped me catch them and bring them home. As well as another lady in the front of her own house.
I get sick thinking of losing my dogs.

Patsy kept kissing the baby in the car seat in the delivery driver's car.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, that is scary!

When your life settles down more, sounds like some obedience practice would be a goid bonding activity for you and the girls. I imagine they are a bit confused at the moment...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I have to admit I haven't been near as strict with these dogs as dogs from the past.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 24, 2023 - 2:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, they are so cute! And you have had a lot going on. But a solid stay or sit and stay and a solid recall can be life saving. Also a remote sit stay. . I had a friend who competed in obedience with her collies. But her collies and Labradors would burst out the front door..

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN all my frogs died. I changed their gravel to a prettier color, and within a couple days they were acting half dead. I scooped them out and put them in new fresh water in a little bucket, but they still died. :-(

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 04, 2023 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sorry your froggies died, Naja.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 05, 2023 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, Naja... I know how frightening that can be!

Two ideas:
one is look up youtube videos on training to stop door dashing. Zak George and Kikopup are excellent resources.

Second is to get an ex-pen, and set up an "airlock" around the door. I did this while training and it was a life saver!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sorry about the loss of your frogs.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, you do so wonderfully looking after them. It can be so complicated (as I found out).

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
ACK!!!

RN: I feed the crows. I had put an almost empty bag of dog food in the garage last week.

I just saw it, went out to give it to the crows. Put my hand in the bag to take it out, and the 3rd time I did it, I felt something FUZZY!

I screamed, threw the bag down, then kicked it to let out what was in there.

Sure enough, a dead mouse. At least I think he's dead. He could be almost dead.

I left him for the crows and ran in to wash and sanitize my hands. I'm certain I didn't put any mouse poison in the garage this winter, so the crows should be fine if they want to snack on it.

And I saw a story on the news that rats in NYC have been tested and found to have covid antibodies. I assume mice can get it to. (Along with a whole host of other diseases.)

Ack! Ack! Ack! I know better. I have my bird seed in a covered garbage can in the garage. I'm slipping.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, OMG, that must have been something!!! Thanks for the laugh, I am sure it was a bit tramatic.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN, it must have been more traumatic that I thought.

A little while ago, as I was sitting on the couch, out if the corner of my eye, I saw something skittering across my deck right outside the sliding glass doors. My brain screamed "MOUSE!" and "INFESTATION!"

Thank goodness it was just a curled oak leaf (with it's stem as its tail) with the wind pushing it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2023 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, LOL, I know the problem. My friend got a little infestation and she told me so many stories that I started thinking any noise I heard at my house was a mouse skittering around.

I don't have any mice and I have 2 cats, but she got it into my mind by telling me about hearing the mice (turned out they were roof rats) chewing thru her drawers and stuff.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
RN Carey and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary today. Happens to also be my birthday. Yes, we timed our wedding for a honeymoon cruise and it turned out the best match was the Saturday before the cruise and it just happened to be my birthday. Obviously easy for me to remember. 😬

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mack & Mrs. Mack:

And happiest of happy b'days Mack. 🎂

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Happy anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Mack!
And Happy Birthday!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oops forgot to say RN. ;)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN: Congrats and Happy Birthday!

So 25 years married. What does that make you? 45?

I hope you are having a great day. :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
RN, I hope you enjoyed the happiest birthday and anniversary.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, Happy Birthdayversity.