TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through February 23, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forecast is correct, it is Cold outside, currently 42 with a Gale Warning, Freeze Warning and Wind Advisory.

There is a good breeze and clear blue skies with temps ONLY going up to 51 with a very slight chance of rain.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Portland is cold and rainy with ice and snow expected later today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
UC Berkeley Central Sierra Snow Lab
@UCB_CSSL
The active weather pattern has kicked off with a meager 2.4" (6 cm) of #snow over the last day. Temps are cold and the snow is light and fluffy with ratios of 13:1 (13" of snow per 1" of water).

Plenty more is on the way with accumulations of 2-5 feet by Sunday!

#CAwx #CAwater

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
1h
Los Angeles last received measurable snowfall in 1954, Burbank in 1966. For Redlands, it's been since 1919. Will these spots see snow this week?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the entire west coast is going to get hit with this winter storm.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Yes we are! The wind gust are up to 45mph since last evening. We received a TV alert for LA County saying "Blizzard Warnings". That was the first time I've ever seen an emergency report like that. I imagine the blizzard warnings were for the foothills and local mountains. There is an ongoing Coastal warning of gale force winds and high surf.

Today the wind gusts continue and it's very cold outside. We are expecting another storm surge tonight into tomorrow with lots of rain. You'll probably be hearing about our heavy snow and rain amounts and possibly mud slides in many burn areas of Los Angeles.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Portland is snowing much harder. I’m in the city, which usually sees the snow later than the rest of the metro area. But, the snow is arriving about 6 hours earlier than expected. East wind, bringing the cold, is blowing. I think we will get more than the 1-2 inches forecast.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Super gusting winds throughout the Las Vegas valley since 3p Tuesday. Shut down the airport for a few hours. Heard they closed I-15 south of state line (road back to California) for a few hours because of ice up on the pass.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NHC_TAFB
@NHC_TAFB
·
5h
Feb 22, 2023: Satellite imagery this morning shows an unusual outbreak of African dust just south of the Cabo Verde Islands. #Saharan Air Layer (SAL) activity usually ramps up in mid-June, peaks from late June to mid-August, and begins to rapidly subside after mid-August.

https://twitter.com/NHC_TAFB/status/1628435995950723072

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Michael Steinberg
@MichaelWX18
·
5h
Eureka is now in a WINTER STORM WARNING. Heavy snow, sleet and hail below 1,000 feet. Additional snow accumulations of 2-6 inches! Wow. #CAwx #snow

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I can tell the wind is up ... it is blowing all the pollen off the trees outside my house... I am sneezing myself silly.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Earthquake Monitor
@EQAlerts
·
1h
#Earthquake M7.1 Near Gilgit, Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan 8mins ago 23 Feb 00:37 UTC - report/info:

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roberta Gonzales
@RoGonzalesTV
·
13m
Nearly 1,500 flights canceled as massive winter storm system blankets northern US #NewsBreak

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NWS Sacramento
@NWSSacramento
·
3h
Have received reports of frozen precipitation making it to the ground in the Sacramento Metro this afternoon.

With temperatures in the low 50s, this is a graupel and/or hail mixture, not snow.

If it's soft/wet, it's graupel.
If it's hard/solid, it's hail.

More info ⤵️ #CAwx

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Snow in Portland

Portland has gotten much more snow than expected. Traffic is stuck everywhere with people trying to get home. Traffic in my neighborhood was pretty light though. I walked around my neighborhood and took the picture above at 6 pm. Since then, it’s been snowing sideways and 3 more inches expected overnight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm south east of Eggie and here, too, we had rain but more than that, crazy cold winds all night. My bedroom is upstairs so I really hear that wind all night! I went to the grocery about 5pm and that wind just cut through layers of clothing!!

Snow is supposed to hit at lower than usual altitudes all around Southern California.

Yesterday saw pictures of snow on the buildings at JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, which doesn't normally get snow.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Cold front hit here around 5 pm yesterday evening. Here is a photo a local person took of the cold front arriving in our area yesterday afternoon.

cold front arriving 2-21-23

Today we just had cold weather and major wind from the Fraser River Valley, which is just north of the border with Canada. We had snow flurries on and off all day, but they just flew past vertically, apparently headed for Portland, OR.

My main local weather guy posted a link to Portland's weather, saying: "Portland, OR is having a major winter storm now! Major traffic issues! https://www.tripcheck.com/"

Good luck, Kooklie. Looks like you live close to or in downtown?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2023 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I live near Lloyd Center. Through this morning, the forecasters were saying Portland would not see the brunt of the storm, that it would stay south of us. They started to change it mid day. I knew something was off when we started having scattered snow showers at 10am while I was walking. So far today, NE Portland had 10.8 inches of snow... 2nd most snowfall in one day since 1943. The weather guys really missed this forecast. By the time they changed it, the City transportation people were not as prepared as they normally would have been. Major highways have had 9 hour backups, so far. They had to close quite a number of roads already. I’m just glad that I don’t work anymore. Oh and, tomorrow we get east winds from the gorge. That means 20 degree temperatures, wind chill and lots of power outages. But, I can still walk places, so I’m good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
8.30am .. LOL, Kookliebird, I just saw a news report of snow up on the summit in Santa Cruz. It was fun to see all the people pulled over to feel the snow fall on them.

One Costco guy said he had never been snowed on so he got out for a little bit, then went on with deliveries.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is COLD!! Currently 44, so it has warmed up a bit, with a freeze warning in place. Temps might warm up to 49 !!

Possible rain this evening around 7ish. But is has been snowing all over the place in the mountains around the Bay Area.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seems they have named our storm "Piper".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
56m
Seeing a little bit of rotation w/ a heavier cell approaching the LA County coast (near LAX). These convective cells can put down heavy downpours, small hail, lightning. A funnel cloud or waterspout not out of the question either. Got footage? Send us! http://kcalnews.com/share

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm about 20 miles from LAX and I just got home from running an errand. When I left my house the first thing I noticed were dense dark foggy looking clouds out toward the LAX area. It was something I've never seen before.

I just checked the weather and we are going to get a pounding in the next few days. There are lots of warnings posted including street flooding with anticipated heavy downpours off and on. Should be interesting around here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
58m
Hailing in Hollywood! ❄🎥

Check out the video SkyCAL captured of a little hail falling on the Hollywood sign this morning.
https://twitter.com/kcalnews/status/1628832432118956034

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 23, 2023 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Portland May get another round of snow this afternoon. Everything is still frozen, tonight is supposed to be even colder. The east winds have not materialized yet.