TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: Archive through February 05, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chilly again but the sun is shining and skies are clear.

It's 35, yikes, going up to 56. No rain today.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Son and I just did a quick trip to the grocery store two miles from our house. Needed to do some restocking as we’d been gone for two weeks. Temperature dropped from 35F to 33F in the 30 minutes we were in the store. Potential ice storm expected this afternoon/evening. 🥶😩

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
4m
The globe is currently still in a La Niña, which is expected to end in the coming months. Some climatologists worry that the transition into El Niño could lead to record heat around globe.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Very cold, dark, windy, and wet down here in subtropical Texas today, about 300 miles south of Mack. Miserable, miserable day, and not over yet. Tomorrow is a repeat. We fly out tomorrow and return to WA state.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Juju-You might not get out today from what I am seeing on the local news this morning. Fingers crossed. As for us the front is still not totally here so conditions are expected to get worse as the day progresses. Very cold and wet but no freezing at our house right now. Some power outages being reported in other parts of the county/city.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sun is shining but we have some haze / fog / or clouds, not sure which. Temp currently 41 going up to 55.

Thundersleet spotted in Dallas, Texas!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was going to say the same thing Mack, weather is looking pretty iffy down there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jonah Tillman
@JonahTillman6
·
1h
An ice storm has left more than a quarter million Texans without power. Where is Greg Abbott?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2023 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Arkansas Senate
@ArkansasSenate
·
7h
Due to deteriorating road conditions and more expected inclement weather, the Arkansas Senate will not convene on Thursday. The Senate will meet at 1 p.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Looks like we’re going to get a break in the weather here in San Antonio with it warming up over the day. Roads are glare ice so Mrs Mack working from home today. We lost a mature 30 foot tall juniper tree due to ice build up. Some much ice that it actually tore it roots and all out of the ground. Tree service coming today or tomorrow with a backhoe and dump truck to haul it away. As an aside we didn’t lose power this time and compared to the state wide power failure two years ago outages were relatively minor. This was one of the worst ice storms I’ve experienced in my whole life and that includes living in the Pacific Northwest and Northern Virginia which can have harsh winters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a bit chilly today, currently 44 going up to 55. Skies are bright but gray and hazy. Might be fog or haze.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KCAL News
@kcalnews
·
15h
2.9 magnitude earthquake strikes near Sylmar

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We did get out of Texas on a plane on Wednesday, totally oblivious to just how bad the weather was in the rest of the mid and south west. We apparently flew below the whole ugly thing, although our Tuesday and Wednesday in far south Texas were miserably cold and windy.

We are safely home now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2023 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Is this earlier than usual for you to head north? A friend who lives in Michigan is wintering in Florida and she will stay through April.

Now I know that Washington is not Michigan weatherwise..

Anyway, glad you are safely home.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Glad and a bit surprised you made it out Wednesday Juju. Here in San Antonio it was borderline miserable. Luckily there wasn’t the widespread power outages of two years ago. There were some pockets where trees took out power lines as not all communities have underground power like in our area. The main issue is that the Texas power grind did not fail this time. The damage we suffered was a 30 foot double trunked juniper fell completely over and pulled the whole root ball out of the ground. Luckily I discovered it just one the sun came up Wednesday and called my tree service. They were here first thing Thursday and worked several hours to grind up the branches and dig the root ball out of the ground. The tree service owner estimated there was over 3,000 pounds of ice on the tree and junipers have a very small and shallow root system. Never liked that tree but wasn’t willing before to take it down as it was native and not planted. Kind of glad it is done. While he was here he picked up four more jobs out of the seven houses on our little cul de sac so a good day for him without moving equipment too far. He said he will be busy for weeks as the town looks like a battle zone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It rained overnight, currently 50, going up to 59.

Skies are still gray and cloudy but I think the rain is over until late Saturday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mark Tamayo
@MarkTamayoKTVU
·
10m
Another system moves in this weekend. Rainfall intensity picks up Saturday night.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 03, 2023 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
When I typed flew under the weather, I meant flew South of the worst. We flew Harlingen, TX to Houston, then Phoenix, then Seattle, no plane changes. And we got emergency row for my ridiculously long legs, and didn't kick us out of there because of our advanced age. Apparently the plane doors are now so easy to operate even old people can get them open.

Seamonkey, yes, we cancelled staying in February sometime last summer when I realized they were going to charge us $5500 for February. I decided we could endure a bit of Pacific Northwest weather for $5500 a month back in our bank account and not theirs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Skies are gray, but bright, rain coming this afternoon. Currently 50 going up to 60!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It went down to -10 last night were I was. I don't remember it EVER getting this cold here. And it should be going up to 50 on Wednesday. It never gets that warm in February here. And they say there's no global warming. Harumph.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 04, 2023 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a wise decision, Juju!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Gray and wet, we had rain overnight. Currently 50 going up to 55, with a small craft advisory.

The final storm should rain on us tonight and then we get some sunshine.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW !! A downpour, while the sky is bright and clouds are white.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, blue skies are back with a few white fluffy clouds.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 05, 2023 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Bright and sunny here all day long. A very typical 74F….regular winter here.