TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 15, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 15, 2023 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack is confirmed for the Poland trip. Leaves here 2 December returns 8 December. Actually only a three day meeting and site visit in Poland but it takes almost two days to get there and a long day to get back. Luckily she has winter clothing as she frequently had to travel to her old headquarters in Washington, DC including winter time. I put together a “cheat sheet” of popular and common Polish food with her taste in mind.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good to know Mrs. Mack has some spare winter clothing. I do know from living in Florida and Texas for many years of my working life that it can be a bit terrifying to live in basically a sub-tropical climate and have to travel somewhere really cold. I over-prepared for our early 2019 trip to Antarctica, but ended up sort of saving some folks from the Pacific northwest who under-prepared. I had a LOT of hand and foot warmers, those Hot Hands things, with me, and would put a few outside this 140 pound man's cabin door each night when he was going on an outdoor, off-the-ship excursion the next day.

Mack, I just yesterday found a whole bunch of those warming things in our stored stuff in South Padre Island. Could I send you some? That computer monitor you gave me is still going strong, and I would be thrilled to send you some of my ageing inventory that I will probably never use down here. They do work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2022 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had a friend who just returned from Poland on Friday after a 10-day trip (he plays in a C&W/gospel band). Travel back was extremely difficult (but they were traveling on a dime so hopefully Ms. Mack will have better travel arrangements).

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the offer Juju. Mrs Mack is going to sort out her winter clothing this weekend. She thinks she has enough for her trip to Poland. She has a heavy wool coat, lined gloves, and even snow boots if the weather gets really bad. They have assigned her an Army lieutenant colonel to accompany her. She is a Polish native so will act as a translator if needed.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 10, 2022 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Tip we learned from our Antarctica trip. A down jacket and waterproof outer layer can be warmer than a heavy wool coat and way easier to pack, since the down coats pack down into almost nothing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe my luck!

I needed 2 sets of mini blinds, and really wanted these no-tool cordless lazy blinds, but they are so expensive. Each size seemed to be between $50-$80 for just one. What I needed was White, size 37-64. Now click on a few sizes and colors before you click on "white 37-34". It has to be mispriced(?) but you bet I grabbed a couple fast! PLUS, I got 5% off with the click coupon, and another $6 off for a special if you buy 2 or more of selected products!

https://www.amazon.com/LazBlinds-Horizontal-Filtering-Installation-Cordless-White/dp/B08DP3WBC1/

End Price: Approx $16.50 each!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
That’s some good shopping right there! So satisfying when you get a great deal!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It felt like Christmas was here early! haha

I love those blinds. They are the kind that don't use a cord. You just lift and lower them directly from the bottom bar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have those blinds and I love them!! Great buy.

Now if they were only self cleaning, hahahahaha.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now they show the size I bought as "out of stock" and the two closest sizes on either side are priced $73.59 for 36x64, and $79.77 for 39x64.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody ever heard of an internet cable signal leakage called an "ingress"? Apparently there is no wifi for me and my neighbors over our own(!) equipment, and very limited internet connection directly to our modems. The FCC is actually able to stop the air frequencies from our own devices. Isn't that weird?

Apparently, my house is the epicenter of the problem and xfinity will be here Friday to fix it.It could be an old piece of equipment, damaged wires, anything.

This is all news to me. Never heard of such a thing. I am on the PC hooked directly to the modem right now. Haven't done that in 20 years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, we can't connect to the local Xfinity hotspot near my house either.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All I understand about it (which might not be correct!) is that providers use ingress filtering to try to block out suspicious or malicious signals from being picked up on their (and presumably their customers' equipment).

So does it mean your local IP addresses have been put on the filter list by mistake??! Or your firewalls have been set to use the strongest filter list possible and it just blocks everything?!

When my dh gets out of his meeting I'll ask him if he knows anything helpful.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He says if it is ingress filtering (not something else that uses the word ingress) it could be as serious as your router being hacked by a bot network(!) to someone at Xfinity simply updating some suspicious traffic file and making a typo that picks up your IP.

He says if you've turned everything off and on again and it didn't clear there's nothing you'd be able to do to fix it (if it is this filtering issue and not something with a similar name).

Weird!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ha, I should have just googled it... looks like what you are describing is electrical interference in the signal due to some device that's lost its shielding, like through wear on the cable or the socket.

I guess you could try to turn off other devices nearby, but if it's something that's affecting your neighbours too, you'd think it would be something big and possibly not yours (like a cable box in the road or something).

Hope they can fix it promptly, seems like the source could take a while to find!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 15, 2022 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's definitely something in or on my house because they already had someone out to the pole. last week for someone else complaining.

They have throttled my direct to the modem connection speed from 1200 Mbps to 90. Which is fine for surfing on the pc, but everything else in the house wireless. So everything else is out of commission.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! My full speed internet is back! The replaced every cable, every connection, and every splitter from the pole outside all the way to my modem and router. The cable from the pole to my house is about twice as thick as the old one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good stuff! Did they charge you for it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nope, no charge.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 16, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay, Naja!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Great!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I already posted this in the TV shows area, but I think more would see it here.

Paramount+ Essential plan (has commercials) is free with Walmart+ now. So if you have Walmart+, you should go check your account and see how you get the Paramount+.

I have a grandfathered in limited commercial account Paramount plus plan,$5.99mo, but I would save so much money finally getting Walmart plus ($98 a year). But I'd sure hate to lose the limited commercials. I'm still thinking on it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 14, 2023 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't get it. I went to a website. I was going to make a purchase and the checkout never came up. I clicked on "Add to Cart", a circle appeared, disappeared, and nothing happened. I emailed to ask what I did wrong or what's next. Hopefully will hear back. It's so weird. I would think they want my money.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Went back to it this morning and magically, the checkout appeared.

I thought of a new question. Our local newspaper has now went to digital only, so no one gets an actual printed newspaper any more. So what do you use in place of newspaper? For example, most of us use newspapers under our cat's litter boxes, so what can we use now?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2023 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, I have litter tracker rugs under my litter boxes, never thought to use the newspapers, LOL.