TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 06, 2023 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Exlcellent dinner for a cold wintry night ...

Roasted Chicken or Meatloaf with mashed potatoes / gravy and green beans. Chocolate cake with ice cream.

So good, I had the meatloaf!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, December 11, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I had a chance to get to our favorite fishmonger's yesterday, so tonight we enjoyed PE Island mussels in a wine/garlic sauce and multigrain sourdough bread. The gin was from Scotland, and we realized we hadn't had mussels since our trip this summer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 12, 2022 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was chicken Catchitorie with polenta and zucchini or Veggie Pasta Alfredo. Rice Krispie treat for dessert.

I had the pasta which was great. Treat ok, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Last night I had Japanese, from the Door Dash, LOL. It was fabulous.

Looking forward to tonight's menu -- Lobster Risotto, hmmm, can't imagine how this will go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Lobster Risotto was excellent, served with green beans or you could have pasta primavera.

I had "half and half"; I don't normally care for risotto so wanted some pasta just in case.

Both were excellent and the cream puffs for dessert were too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Skipped yesterday but had Sausage with peppers and onions tonight. the other option was Beef Stew.

Mine was excellent and the stew looked really good as well.

Chocolate cake w/ice cream for dessert! Yum

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Leftover Chinese Food, yummy, glazed donut for dessert.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Carne Asada or Chicken El Pastor with corn salad and refried beans. Cheesecake for dessert.

I had the chicken, it was ok, I don't really like the mexican entrees, but the corn salad and refried beans are really good!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 21, 2022 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Eggplant Parmesan or Pasta Bolognese with dinner rolls. Apple Cobbler with Ice cream for dessert.

I had the pasta and it was great. Plus we had Carolers at dinner, LOL, it was some of the residents.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2022 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Liver and onions or Lemon Chicken with roasted potatoes and sauteed carrots.

I had the Chicken (had the liver before and it was good) and it was excellent, very good sauce and it was dark meat, my fav!!

Butterscotch pudding with whipped cream for dessert.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2022 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yummy!!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Vegetarian chili for us tonight - 5 types of peppers, beans and pearled couscous w/the usual seasonings (chipotle chili powder, Mexican oregano, cumin) plus some cheddar scones. We're still in the blizzard here (west coast of Michigan), so we needed a warming meal!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, fabulous!!! We had a selection of roast beef or salmon served with spring leaf salad w/champagne dressing. A garlic & herb mashed potato and Christmas Blend Veggies.

Everything was so good, plus we had a choice of white or red wine. I had white as an appetizer and red with my meal, I had roast beef w/ creamy horse radish ... and I got medium rare, which is a hard to get here !!

Excellent meal and service but the people are so funny, they were very thrown off that there was no soup and there was only champagne vinaigrette dressing, LOL.

These people are very set in their ways, LOL.

Apparently many people are sick ... hardly anyone was down for dinner and few new people that I hadn't seen before which made me wonder if they asked everyone to either get it delivered or come down to the early serving

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 24, 2022 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot ... really yummy chocolate cream pie. It was so good.

Great Christmas Eve dinner, if I wasn't so full I would go back for another serving, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2022 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Last night was pork or grilled chicken with macaroni and cheese and sauteed spinach.

Rice Crispie treats for dessert.

The chicken was really good, and of course loved the pasta and veggies.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I skipped last night and had a Hot Dog (so yummy) and Cheesecake delivered.

Tonight was Veggie Chili w/cornbread or Tri-tip w/mashed potatoes and carrots. Cannoli's for dessert.

I had Tri-tip and it was excellent.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Gyro w/hummus or Baked Ziti with meat sauce and veggies (Chef sneaks the veggies into the sauce, LOL).

Butterscotch pudding w/whipped cream!

I had ziti and it was great with some pudding after. Totally enjoyed it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken Alfredo Pasta or Tilapia w/garlic mashed potatoes and both with peas and carrots. Apple cobbler for dessert.

I had Tilapia, the mashed had a nice gravy, loved everything. And the cobbler was excellent, nice crisp apples not mushy, LOL.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
that's a tough choice, but I do love mashed potatoes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2023 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roast Beef or Ham with Scalloped potatoes and veggies. Tuxcedo cake for dessert.

I had the ham and it was good but the scalloped potatoes were excellent!!! And I love that cake.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2023 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pulled pork sandwich or Grilled Chicken with cole slaw and mac/cheese. Brownies for dessert.

I had the chicken and it was really good, moist with a nice bbq sauce, loved the cole slaw and mac/cheese!

Skipped the brownie, my friend gave me a quarter of a Chantilly cake, LOL!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2023 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy spaghetti with meatballs... they make the best meatballs! or you could have pizza.

Tuxcedo cake for dessert, yummy too!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Last night we made up a recipe based on a friend's post - shawarma grilled portobellos in wraps. I had a premade shawarma seasoning and added ginger, cardamom and tumeric to marinade the mushrooms with olive oil and lemon juice. Then we sauteed them and made a yogurt sauce w/more seasoning, lemon juice and salt. Topped the tortillas with leftover farro, onions, greens, tomatoes & cuke (just because we needed to use the cuke up! LOL) We will definitely be repeating it - yummy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2023 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That sounds wonderful!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 06, 2023 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Scrimp Scampi over pasta with broccoli. Boston Creme Pie.

Everything was great!