TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: Archive through December 31, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
49m

Official
American soccer journalist Grant Wahl has died while covering the World Cup in Qatar. His brother, Eric Wahl, claims the journalist may have been killed.

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1601426572057133057

O. Gloria Okorie
@ogloriaokorie
·
42m
#BREAKING #GrantWahl dies in Qatar while covering the World Cup. "I do not believe my brother just died," said Eric Wahl in a video (now deleted). "I believe he was killed." Grant wore a rainbow t-shirt & was previously detained. Read the details:

Steve Lookner
@lookner
·
17m
CBS has removed its report that Grant Wahl suffered a heart attack from its article on Grant Wahl's death

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 09, 2022 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’m sure there will be an autopsy done in the US. It is pretty suspicious given how Grant Wahl reports. He never backed down from much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, even knowing nothing about futbol and world cup, except some promos on tv, but being aware of the political machinations involved and then finding out that it was the same man who had worn the lbgtq support tshirt that caused a backlash, when I heard about the "sudden heart attack", my suspicious hackles raised up immediately.

And then when I heard that his family is asking for cooperation to have him returned and have him handled per their wishes, I wondered if there would be delays that might make it harder to do a forensic autopsy...

Yes the US and his family will want that autopsy but will that be possible?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 10, 2022 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the sad loss of Babs Thore, covered above. That cause of death makes me suspect that since she had a stroke, then was diagnosed with COVID, then later had another stroke and was in major rehab, that she had long COVID and had the tiny clots in her blood. Tests for those are not at all easy to get and are rarely done, except in a couple of recent trials, but they show up on certain scans and can cause stroke, heart attack.. and amyloid is involved. (and beta amyloid plaques are also associated with Alzheimer's).

I was hoping Babs would come out of it, as after the post COVID stroke, she was in what looked to be an excellent facility, with extensive physical and occupational therapy and certainly devoted caregivers and family. At least at the time of filming for recent episodes on the show made that clear.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/stephen-twitch-boss-the-ellen-show-dj-dead-at-40/3995924/

So sad..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Apparently it was suicide ...
KRON4 News
@kron4news
·
3h
Stephen ‘tWitch’ Boss, a dancer and TV personality perhaps best known as the DJ and co-host of Ellen DeGeneres’ former talk show, has died. He was 40. https://trib.al/nAD08iH

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this completely shocks me! He and Alison and the 3 kids always look so happy. They just posted a happy video a couple days ago

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was shocked when I heard about Twitch, too. Then my SIL said you just never know when someone has depression. So sad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Glad it wasn't something more sinister ...

Kitt
09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2022 - 12:00 pm

And they've announced that Grant Wahl, the sports journalist who died last week covering the World Cup in Qatar, died of a burst aortic aneurysm. There had been fears of foul play, after he wore a t-shirt supporting gay rights on the day of his death, and those have been banned by the Qataris in football stadiums.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 17, 2022 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Prowl in Peace: P-22 L.A.'s most famous mountain lion, who crossed two freeways to claim Griffith Park as his territory. He had recently exhibited erratic behavior and it turned out he had probably sustained injuries from a vehicle but also failing kidneys. He was old for a mountain lion.

Tears being shed by a wide range of people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mountain-lion-p-22-was-compassionately-euthanized-after-showing-signs-of-physical-trauma-here-s-how-he-went-from-a-trouble-making-cat-to-a-symbol-of-los-angeles/ar-AA15pgmU.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was so sorry to hear about the P-22 but I figured there was something wrong with him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 18, 2022 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. Loss of a real icon..

Sadly, he was the only mountain lion in that territory, having crossed both the I405 and 101 and other roads to get there, so he never found a mate or had offspring.

On the bright side, in another area, A litter of mountain lion kittens was recently born. And a land bridge is being built that should allow animals a safer way to move around.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
BBC News (UK)
@BBCNews
·
1h
Terry Hall, lead singer of ska band The Specials, dies aged 63

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 19, 2022 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Brain Cancer
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
11m
Broadway dancer and choreographer Stephanie Bissonnette, who appeared in the original Broadway production of “Mean Girls the Musical,” has died at 32.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1605022447945883651

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Surgery Infection ...
Roberta Gonzales
@RoGonzalesTV
·
1h
'General Hospital' Actress Sonya Eddy (Epiphany Johnson) Dead At 55, Octavia Spencer Announces

https://twitter.com/RoGonzalesTV/status/1605308892593811456

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, December 20, 2022 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
That’s terrible news for GH fans.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, December 21, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Franco Harris of the Pittsburgh Steelers has passed away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roberta Gonzales
@RoGonzalesTV
#Breaking_News - Pelé, the Brazilian king of soccer who won a record three World Cups and became one of the most commanding sports figures of the last century, died today. He was 82. 😢 #RipLegend #RIPPele ⚽️
11:00 AM · Dec 29, 2022

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I saw Pele play the original NASL Portland Timbers in the late 70’s. He was simply amazing to watch and he wasn’t even in his prime. He was great to the fans too. What a loss of a great player and person.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, December 29, 2022 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Pele actually got me at least interested in soccer. Up until him I really didn’t pay much attention to soccer. RIP Pele the GOAT of soccer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 30, 2022 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
11m
Barbara Walters, one of the most recognized and influential women in broadcast journalism, has died at 93. 💔 https://eonli.ne/3YVkqwZ

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
💔

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pope Emeritus Benedict has died at 95.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 31, 2022 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Here is the article on Benedict‘s passing
https://www.yahoo.com/news/benedict-xvi-first-pope-resign-094950824.html