TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 05, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: Archive through December 05, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Ever since I did the microsoft update the volume on all of my streams / podcasts / etc., has been lowered.

I have checked all the places I can think to adjust the sound, have the volume all the way up on everything.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get it to be louder, thanks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you have a speaker on your taskbar or task menu? Click on it and make sure the volume line is at 100%. That is the master sound setting. For me it's the long purple line. It may be a different color for you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 02, 2022 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I have that and had checked it but I just now noticed there are two bars, one for brightness and one for speaker.

I was just noticing the brightness one and it was all the way up, but the speaker one wasn't!!!!

I just wonder why all the control panel /sound stuff didn't fix that, amazing.

Thank you so much, I can now hear everything again (I like to be able to do stuff and hear it in the bedroom when I am busy).

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now I have no sound only in Firefox. Sound works fine for my personal files and other browsers, just not firefox.

I've tried youtube, all my paid subscriptions to video like hulu and Amazon Prime, the news websites and nothing.

I did a refresh install of firefox where it resets all the settings, and still nothing. I went into windows sound settings and I just don't see any setting that would stop firefox from having sound. And the first thing I checked was the tab sound toggle button, but that's not it.

I really don't want to use another browser, so does anybody have any suggestions? I have Windows 11.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You did google to see if others have had the problem and might offer suggestions, right?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, for sure.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well, darn I have no other suggestions except a cold boot, which I am sure you already tried.

And maybe a firefox customer support inquiry?

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For mine, I had to go to Preferences, Privacy, scroll down to autoplay and change that setting to default for all websites: Allow audio and video.

It came in as a default to "block audio."

Maybe that will help?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I got all excited thinking maybe that was it, because I have it set to block audio. But then I remembered autoplay is when audio/video plays without you starting it yourself. But I did try setting it just now to allow video and audio, and it didn't work :-(

Ever since I did the refresh install that resets all the firefox settings, I'm thinking it has to be a windows setting. Maybe? But I have searched and searched and can't find any setting that would block firefox from having sound. But for sure I don't know every corner of settings.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Darn it! Unfortunately, that's all I got.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, DS says to check "sound mixer" options in Windows settings. Says Firefox has its own slider.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG! That was it! Thank you!

You know what's funny? I actually looked at that setting, but I only noticed the "100" thinking the sound was all the way up, while totally ignoring the little "x" by the speaker!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's great! I'll tell my DS thank you!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 03, 2022 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Naja and Kar and Kar's DS!!!

I get really worried when Naja gets stumped, because if she gets stumped, what hope do the rest of us have? Almost none.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
haha! There's plenty that stumps me.

But this sound thing. Jeez! How does it make sense to show the slider at 100% when it's on mute?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow. Good work!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm having to take a test for work. It keeps asking me to put certain items in order, but when I try to drag and drop, it's not dropping the item where I want. I've tried to look it up, but nothing's working.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Have you tried opening the link in a different browser? Sometimes certain browsers don’t work. You might try chrome or Firefox. The alternative is to check with those requesting the test as to which browser works best.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 03, 2022 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My niece suggested rebooting the Chromebook. I did and luckily that question did not come up this go round. Thanks!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, December 04, 2022 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
When I try to resize a picture want to post that I took with my camera, i get "download fail". It doesnt happen with a picture ive downloaded from the internet. I'm using my Samsung tablet. Any clues why this happens?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
https://www.online-image-editor.com/

This is what I use for all.my picture resizing, etc. It's a free site. Hope it helps!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
An actual camera? Or a phone camera?

And where are you having this issue? At TVCH? Or somewhere else?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm using a Samsung tablet. I'm having it here when I try to resize a picture I took with my camera. When I his resize, I get a "download failed" message, and in my gallery on my tablet, there's an empty folder where the resized picture should be. So the tablet opens a folder for the resize. I wonder why it would do it with camera pictures and not down loaded internet pictures.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 05, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If it's a newer Samsung, it may be using HCIM protocol for photos, which isn't supported by TVCH. That's why I was trying to get more info.