TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 02, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through December 02, 2022 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 4:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have two credit cards that I use on-line. One for only one type of purchase. That one isn't currently renewing. The other one I use for all other purchases which really isn't that many. So far had to update card info on eBay. Very few things I can only find on eBay.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea, that has also happened to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I laid my phone down while paying to get out of the parking garage at the cancer center last week and forgot to pick it up...and when I remembered and came back to get it it was gone - and my credit card was in a folio on the back. Fortunately it was not used but waiting for a replacement card was dreadful because I had to use another credit card and I try to avoid that completely! Thankfully I got the replacement last night and now all is going back to normal in my world (although I have no clue what things are auto-deducted through my credit card and what things are deducted from my bank account - guess I will find out when they come due!)...if I could only figure out how to work this new phone!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My phone is much more a camera with a phone attached. I am not attached to my / a phone the way the rest of the world is. I don't carry it in hand for the time.

I love digital time. YEARS ago I got a Timex digital watch. So when Apple came out with a watch . . . got it. Digital computer time. Have a choice of faces and so much more on it. Still learning it. Learned something BIG about it just couple days ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When I lost my cards, Discover is the only card I use so they issued me a new card, different number and overnighted it so I had it the next morning.

I never carried my cell phone anywhere and kept it off until I broke my leg last year and since I live solo in a two story place I started bringing it with me whenever I went up or down stairs (I used a small back pack to bring that and tablets up and down, keeping both hands free to use crutches . So I'm in the habit of having the phone on more and I take it on walks just in case I need to call 911. I don't use it for time, use my Fitbit which is great. Not an Apple watch but way less costly.

Whatever works for each of is is best.. oh and yes, I do use the camera fairly often..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 20, 2022 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sea, I live alone too. A friend of mine is a rep for a system similar to the "I've fallen and I can't get up" advertised on TV. Thought I'd "help" her and got ECG. I am very thankful I did. Two weeks after I got it I had a medical emergency at home. (Didn't involve a fall.) My phone was not near me in the bathroom. All I had to do was press a button and talk. Didn't take long and the village EMTs were wrapping up my ankle which was spurting, streaming blood. I will never be without that button, etc. Can be used for more than just medical situations.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dang, Colordeagua! How lucky for you that you had the foresight to get that button.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 21, 2022 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was. Could get the same results with a phone if very nearby, but not as easily / simply as pressing a button and talking. Will not be without it from now on.

My bathroom looked like a murder scene!! I took nine pics. Looked worse IRL than in pics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I need to put a bar / block / something to hold the balcony door open the width of a cat. I want to be able to have the door open but not able to blow shut or blow open.

Does anyone know what this would be called? Once I figure out the name I can research the purchase, LOL.

thanks!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Door Buddy Door Latch works very well for this. Use a door pinch guard to keep the door from closing. The Door Buddy keeps it from opening any further than you set it for. I haven't seen one product that works for both keeping it open and keeping it from slamming shut.

Hope that helps!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you, that gives me a start for research, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Chewy has one that also comes with a Door Stop that keeps the door from slamming !

Perfect, its on order.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2022 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
TVCH win! Yay!!!

Although we took a major hit with the loss of JMM (oh hell, I'm gonna go cry for a while now), we still collectively know almost everything.

OMG, I miss that brilliant woman and her generous soul. Oh, and her humor. Sigh ... she was a good soul I never expected to know, and I am happy I did.

Um, carry on, Dipo. You are also a wonderful soul I am happy to know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 21, 2022 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Do we have a world cup thread? I thought I saw people talking about it but I could have just made that up, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Newer Q: I have a Letsfit "smart" watch, I got it so I didn't have to wear my pedometer which wasn't tracking my steps very accurately.

I like it alot. BUT I just realized that it is leaving a sort of welt on my wrist. I took it off to charge this morning and decided to try it on my other wrist.

Just noticed that the "red mark" is really sort of a welt, it doesn't hurt, it's just red and kind of dry.

The wristband is a rubber substance so here is the question

Is there something I should do to protect my wrist, like moisturizer, or is should I do something to the watchband? Should I wipe it down with alcohol or something?

Hopefully you guys have some suggestions. Off to google.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
PS ... I started a World Cup thread, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I can’t wear any kind of rubber or plastic on my wrist for very long periods of time. If I do, it has to be very loose.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Same with me, Kooklie. It has to be totally loose so there is air. If it's snug enough where there's a little sweat under it, I get a rash.

Dipo, I would wear it loose, and in the meantime put a little hydrocortisone cream on the redness.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I purchased a replacement (leather) band for my FitBit from amazon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah Roxip, I would like to do that but there is no way to change the band. You remind me though to check with my sister she said she had a fitbit that she didn't like. I should see if that would work for me.

For now I have wrapped the band with Gorilla tape, LOL, and it seems to be working. And I think I will take it off at night, I don't really need to know much about the sleep stuff it does.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 28, 2022 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My last couple of Fitbits have allowed the changing of bands, which I really like.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I can't scan a QR code. When I try, all it does is take a picture. So why won't my android phone scan the code?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2022 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You don't push any buttons. Just aim at the QR code and wait 2-3 seconds, a URL should pop up.

If that doesn't work, say okay google.. then say "scan QR code". Then click on the button that says scan QR code and Google will say Opening Google lens. Then you can scan the code.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
New question.

Anyone know the answer to this question somebody asked on another board?

I am very curious. It appears that the XXXX has done everything to keep that information secret. Is there a regulation that says the number of paying members must be made public? I have been looking at the IRS rules for non=profits, and I don't see the answer to that question.

Does anyone know?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 02, 2022 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Context? Not sure what paying members mean. Are you wondering about the donors or the people who work for the nonprofit?