TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 08, 2022 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Interestingly the subject house is actually a newer version of our house. We bought a model called the Paseo and the same builder later on changed the floor plan slightly and called it the Paseo Grande. The builder does semi-custom/custom changes and the owner made several but it feels familiar and comfortable while still being different. Like us son would live mostly on the main floor with its main floor master bedroom, office, and great room but there is plenty of room upstairs already configured into a game room, surround sound theater, and guest bedrooms. He doesn’t need all that room but he looks at it as an investment and actually way less expensive than his high rise condo in San Francisco. Also helps that he is moving from California and the same house there would be outrageously expensive….like in the few millions.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It sounds fabulous, I would go for it, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I work on the 32nd floor of a high rise in downtown Dallas, and I am always thrilled to see the bird of prey that soar in front of the windows (and fortunately I am so high that I never see them descend upon their prey). Amazing that they can thrive in the middle of the city!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Very cool, Roxip.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Similar story here. For 12 years I worked on the 40th floor of a building in downtown Chicago. Once a year we could see the Blue Angels practice their maneuvers for the Air and Water Show the coming weekend from a higher vantage point.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know what's wrong with one of my female guppy fish? She looks ready to explode and she's not pregnant. She was separated from the males when she 2 weeks old. She's about 10 months now. It looks like the skin under neck has actually split to make room for this mass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngtbCHSyktA

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wish I knew what to tell you because she looks so uncomfortable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not sure if it because Elon Musk took over Twitter but all of a sudden celebrities keep trying to "Follow" me.

Kevin Costner just did, hahahahahaha. OF course it isn't him but I wonder how many people fall for the bots this way. It was his picture afterall, LOL.

I just keep blocking them. Going to give Elon a little time but might have to drop Twitter.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Poor thing, Naja, no idea unless it's a tumor. If you google it there's a "guppy dropsy" that can make them swollen too. Hope you can fix her.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I am finding it is a whole different world over there already, but I am now immersed in moving to South Padre Island, TX, for the winter, so will be giving it a break for several days. Keep me posted if we are moving from Twitter, and where.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After I saw Kitt mention "dropsy", I got startled. The advice online is to euthanize it. I can't do that, so I am in the process of setting up an isolation tank. It should be ready within the hour. Then I have to totally change out the water in the big tank in case it is dropsy or any other kind of infection.

I actually do have medicine for the fish for bacterial and viral infections from that time some fish I bought infected mine, but I don't want to use it unless I see another fish get sick. This still may just be something isolated to this single fish that isn't catchy. Plus, one of the symptoms of dropsy is protruding scales, and I just don't see that yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I was getting those fake celebrity follows when Instagram still worked for me. Yes, Willie Nelson is sitting there following and messaging random people... Block.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not so many years ago there was a vet here in Villa Park, IL who had a particular interest in fish!! Do you know of any? Found her name in records for my now 11.5 YY dog. Sandra Karasek, DVM I googled a little. Her name popped up in a few sites if you want to look more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Seamonkey, I said the same thing, Why would Kevin Costner follow me, hahahahaha.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh, you know you are old when somebody you only know on the internet, just got a new puppy, and the puppy is suddenly 11.5 years old.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 30, 2022 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 31, 2022 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What an angel!

Check out my fish now that I've had her isolated for 3 or 4 days. I can't believe it! I think she might be getting better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61DdR5MArKk

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And this morning she almost looks back to normal :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Maybe there was something in the water of the big tank that she was particularly sensitive to that didn't affect the other fish. She certainly looks better!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely looks better..

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That could be, Roxip. I won't put her back until the next water change in the big tank just in case.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
My poor wife. 🙁 She just got told she has to go to Poland sometime next month. Poland in December!?!?!? She works for the Department of Defense Defense Health Agency and they are setting up some level of a medical treatment facility in Poland to support US military stationed in Poland. I say some level of facility as the government hasn’t decided if they need a full up hospital or some lower level like a clinic. While not totally connected to the present Russia-Ukraine war it is related as Poland wants a forward deployed US-NATO force to potentially discourage further Russian aggression. This is not totally unlike the post-WWII Cold War period when the US, England, and France had forward deployed military in what was then West Germany. When the Soviet Union basically dissolved the “border” moved much further east and today is mostly the eastern borders of what were the Soviet block countries. Over the years the US, England, and France have significantly reduced their presence in Germany, probably down to 20-25% of what they had in country in the late 1980’s. Hard to say if the US presence in Poland would ever grow to the past Germany level but maybe.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I chuckle at the commercial for Bajit ... book now and fly now for $10,000! Amazing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've just been suggesting to a friend of mine that she doesn't go on a line dancing/sight seeing visit to the UK in January because of the weather, but POLAND! Time to buy some coats and thermals!

Good for Poland though, seems like a positive sign.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mack, my first thought is to get Mrs Mack a really comfy but also stylish coat, gloves and warm boots. I know she has lots of experience and will do a great job..

It is funny (or not) how some people don't consider the weather when they travel. Even our TVCHers from out of town would choose some dates to meet in Las Vegas that were probably a bit on the extreme side.

I have to say that I didn't have that many business trips when I was working but I was sent to Atlanta when it was 100 at midnight and, same company, sent to Kalamazoo, Michigan between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I luckily had some really cozy rain boots from my days walking to class in Berkeley and brought them in my carry-on, so I was probably the happiest person when we landed in Kalamazoo and had to walk across the tarmac to the terminal. I had lived in Michigan as a kid...