TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: Archive through November 01, 2022 users admin

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I use my first name, I like my name. I'm named after my oldest half-sister, my first name is her middle name, and my Granny, my middle name is her middle name, but she used her middle name as her first name.

My daughter goes by a shortened version of her first name, she is named after my father in law who passed before she was born. It's a variation of his first name, but it's kind of cool, because the shortened version she goes by is what he went by.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I always found my first name Joyce to be pretty, but curt and cold. Among friends I've softened it to Joycie which is much warmer and fairly unique.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 14, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You are the only Joycie I know, MB, and it does suit you.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 15, 2022 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
💋

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, October 17, 2022 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Mame - I worked with a Joyce for years, and she is definitely a Joyce, not a Joycie! LOL YOU, however, are definitely a warm and wonderful Joycie!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
💋

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 22, 2022 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like my given name which is (LOL not surprisingly) James. It was cool when I was a kid because it was associated with James T. Kirk and James Bond (both childhood heroes with my friends).

I wasn’t named after anyone. My Dad just liked the name. :-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
New Question: Have you ever wanted to do something silly, naughty and possibly illegal?

I of course have not done this silly, naughty probably illegal thing and will not as it is indeed a silly, naughty and most likely illegal and dangerous thing.

When there is construction on the interstate and no traffic as far as the eye can see, I want to drive/ weave thru the orange cones.

I have not done so, will not do so, but kinda want to. I have no idea why. I have a big SUV not a sporty little car. I don't want to race thru the cones, just weave my way.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I accidentally had to weave through ONE set of cones whilst in Scotland! They were doing construction where we were coming out of a distillery (friend had grabbed a gift- we didn't even do a tour or tasting!). We couldn't see the light and it was one lane. It looked like we were being waved through, so we went.....only to see oncoming traffic about 100 yards down the road! I went between the cones into the other lane (it at least had pavement) and waited until we could see cars coming behind us! LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Probably, but I am so old now and so law abiding, nothing comes to mind.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Not I !

I have led a life of obedience.

I don't like to challenge authority.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, same .... I imagine I have done something but heck if I can remember.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think this is the wrong board for that question.

I've been trying to think of something.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2022 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I tried pot a couple of times over the years, (and didn't really like it anyways,) but since it's legal now, it doesn't interest me in the slightest. Lol. I think the naughty feeling I had at the time, was the fun part.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, October 27, 2022 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
OH heck. Started to tell some stories.... realized I do not know how long I can be charged for certain things.....

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 28, 2022 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bwahahahaha, Christy358!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, October 29, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I remember tearing off the mattress tag then immediately hiding under the bed in terror of the police coming to get me when I was kid.
Apparently I was much too young to know that I should have fled the scene of the crime.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New Question:

Strategist posted about how the Government of Canada has implemented a national handgun freeze. Effective a few days ago, individuals can no longer buy, sell or transfer handguns anywhere in Canada.

So that got me thinking. How many people do you know personally that you know own a handgun?

(Of course, there are some who could have one but you just don't know.)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't personally know anyone that owns a handgun.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't either.

My sister had one a long time ago that she found when she cleaned a hoarder house but she turned that in to the police.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Other than my brother having my dad's WWII service revolver (and I took all the ammo for that to surrender at the police station after my dad died), I don't KNOW of anyone, but it would be difficult to imagine that I don't know anyone who has a handgun (not counting those in law enforcement).

Definitely people on NextDoor indicate that they have guns, but no one I know personally or have met in person. Same with neighbors.

I have never owned any gun and only got to shoot a handgun once when I went through Community Police academy years ago, which was really fun and we learned about everything at our PD. I had a hard time using the revolver but I did hit the target in the heart and I have that big silhouette hung on the wall in my garage. Hey, I figure that someone who got into my garage might see that and decide it would be best to not continue across my patio and try to enter my home.. maybe someone inside IS armed..

Great question, Jimmer! And good move, Canada!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Funny you should ask this question. Last night during our cul-de-sac Halloween Potluck, the conversation turned towards the firearms a few of our neighbors have. There are 2 couples in law enforcement and 1 other neighbor who is also in law enforcement. They have firearms of different types. So now I feel completely safe when the end of the world starts to happen, lol.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I believe an Indigenous acquaintance of ours is a hunter. He lives part of the time, in the far North of Canada, and hunts and fishes with his elderly father, for food. I presume they use rifles but truly have no idea what kind of firearms they possess.