TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through October 18, 2022 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
They're cute.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, September 02, 2022 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It says frogs only eat other frogs if there is not enough food. Feed your frogs! Or if the population is too dense,

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 02, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Good heavens. I overfeed them.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Landline robocall elimination service?

Seems like years ago some members said they used a robocall site to stop calls. Since Century link upgraded my lines to fiberglass cable a couple wks ago, my landline phone has incessant calls (maybe Cent Lk sold my #?). I never answer but it rings 3 times & hangs up, got as many as 11 calls in an hour recently.

Will be grateful for any help! Bisc

P.S. - Naja, I loved your UTube. Your frogs are darling! Sorry, but that fat one looks like a cannibal to me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
nomorobo.com was what we were all using, and it seems to still be working at our house. Just within the past maybe 4-5 weeks, we have begun getting an enormous increase in calls that nomorobo is killing. I am guessing they are election related. Thank you, nomorobo. We may get 30 calls a day that nomorobo seems to be killing.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks Juju! I finally got on the computer today and just tried to sign up. BUT, I got this:

" Unfortunately, CenturyLink (Traditional Landline)
doesn't currently support Nomorobo.

But there is something that you can do.
Please call their customer service department at 1-877-348-9007
and ask that they add Nomorobo to their service. "

Disappointing, so I will give a call. In the meantime, Kid Sis picked me up a new phone 3-set last night - each with a "Quiet#" button. My old phones didn't have anything like that.

We're still trying to set up & figure out. Fingers crossed!!! Thanks again for your help!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What is a quiet number button?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Bisc and Kid Sis!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
oopsie, double post

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Have you notices most of the car warranty calls have stopped. Thanks to the feds. they discontinued service of companies that hosted those calls and their spoofing of numbers. Turns out it was just a few people running that scam.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have gotten some recently.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche ... I am not sure. Google says on a phone it is to "silence" your Phone. There is also an explanation that is makes your controller go turbo, LOL.

What is the context of your question, LOL?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2022 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Bisc said her sister git her a phone with 'quiet # button'. Never heard of that.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Silence Is Golden, Golden!

Hi Mame! Sorry I'm so late to answer, have been off the computer a few days and then clearing out massive clutter of emails.

We never figured out what that button "Quiet#" did, the phone still kept ringing. BUT my Genius Kid Sis FINALLY figured how to get to new phone's Settings-Ring function saying High/Low/OFF & individually set each phone to OFF. Worked great ever since!

Over the years ALL of my friends have died, siblings & other relatives call via Kid Sis' cellphone. So the only calls incoming are robocalls. But, still, I need to have a phone available to ME for emergencies & some computer stuff.

Thinking about it later, no wonder Century Link doesn't allow Nomorobo, since all these ringings started immediately with that Fiber-optics change and couldn't get Cent Lk to stop when requested.

So thanks to everyone for helping with the case of DUMB!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, September 17, 2022 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay, Bisc! May I recommend you try to learn to do things using your phone as a computer? Just for the mental exercise, AND for having a very powerful computer in your hand that can assist you in many ways. With no children or grandchildren, the only impetus for Bigdog and I to get cell phones was travel and not wanting to be left behind.

I am SO glad I made this decision to become cellphone literate. We recently took our first trip where we relied almost exclusively on our cell phones for travel documents, and it was just great!! Both of us ponied up our phones to get our QRU boarding passes scanned, and we felt like bandits getting away with something. Hahahaha, they let us onboard ships and planes!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm not good with my phone. Barely use it. I don't like to go out without it though. December 23, 2020 very glad I had it. I was next car in for emissions test. Car said, "NO. I QUIT." It really was no go -- it was not the battery. So glad I had phone to call road service, etc. Have to learn more about it than just the very basics.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua, Some years back I was almost giddy the first time I accidentally used the gps directions. The ones where it speaks out the directions as you go. I had an android phone, and expecting just a map, I asked google for directions to the nearest petco, and there they were. I just had to press start. Still have an android phone, just a newer one.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
THX but I've been home-bound for 3 yrs now so don't really need the mobility function. Kid Sis does all the running for us since she lives here too. Which is why she gets the ?pleasure? of dealing with the fool dangle cellphone thing.

Illiterately Yours,
Bisc

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Really dumb question. Not like this is the first time. The credit card I use for on-line buying is expiring so new card with new expiry date and three digit security code. Do I have to go into on-line accounts and update those or do the cards continue to be good on-line as is?

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
You will have to update.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In online systems, the credit card is no longer valid when expired. Usually, when my cc expires on sites like Amazon, when I try to buy something, it prompt me to update or provide a new cc.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have an Amazon Chase Visa card for my Amazon purchases. So far can't find it / get to it on my Amazon account. Or because it's a Prime / Amazon Chase Visa card does that mean it's (auto) updated on Amazon?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Got to my credit card info on Amazon. (Difficult to find.) Looks like because it's an Amazon / Prime Chase Visa card it updates automatically.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, it is already figured out, but sometimes mine update themselves in certain accounts, and other times do not. As an official senior with a couple small but leaking holes in my bags of marbles, I would conclude that more accounts somehow auto-update for the new expiration than do not. There will still be a couple bad boys, though.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 18, 2022 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I found out awhile back that some update and others don't and I had one that did update when I didn't want it to..