TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 25, 2022 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well the folks at Mark Cuban's costplusdrugs.com finally admitted the shipping time problems. They just emailed me this.

Dear Cost Plus Drugs Customer,
Due to skyrocketing demand, our fulfillment times have slowed to 5 days for most orders. This means that if you place an order with us on Monday, it may not be shipped out from our pharmacy until Friday.

If you select Standard Shipping (5 to 7 business days shipping time) at checkout, most orders should be received within 10 to 14 days after ordering. Orders placed with Expedited Shipping (1 to 3 business days shipping time) should be received within 6 to 10 days after ordering.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wondered if that might be the problem, Naja, thought maybe with all the publicity they could have gotten slammed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That doesn't sound out of line with my mail order pharmmcy through CVS CAREMARK Silverscipt Anthem (LOL.. they keep changing names) which is my policy for Medicare part D. I've never needed to pay for expedited shipping and once they get going they start the refill process (and later the renewal process) in advance, so it isn't a problem.

And it sounds like Mark is learning about fulfillment in this arena.

But it also sounds like they are admitting the situation whih is very good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The wait is still worth it. I have 6 prescriptions, and even with insurance, some of them still cost me $50 t0 $60 each for 90 days at CVS. But at Mark Cuban's place, they are all between $4.60 - $8.40 for 90 days without insurance.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2022 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hope they continue to work out the wrinkles. I also hope that eventually they start making deals for discounted rates for brand name drugs.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One more wrinkle ironed out. Mark Cuban's costplusdrugs now takes insurance.

https://costplusdrugs.com/health-profile/insurance/primary/?returnUrl=%2Faccount%2Finsurance%2F

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
As some of you might remember my adult son has moved to San Antonio from San Francisco and is temporarily living with us while he sells his place in California. He decided to put new floors, appliances, and paint his old place and that will be done next week. With his place maybe being ready to sell he has been looking locally. He found a house actually just a couple of streets away in our same community. Great place with a big yard and pool. The house has been vacant for three years. It has been on and off the market several times over the years. Turns out the wife drowned in the backyard pool in July 2019. She was thought to be a strong swimmer and her husband actually found her in the shallow end of the pool. Cause of death was drowning with no evidence of foul play or any medical condition. The husband and children couldn’t stand to stay in the house and moved out later that summer. We toured it yesterday before we found out about the drowning but we didn’t sense any darkness or foreboding when we were there. Would you have a problem buying the house?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No. This doesn't mean anything since I'm not sure . . . my parents bought the house I grew up in in '50. I kind of think I remember hearing about a death in the house previously. If so didn't stop my parents from buying.

I've lived in a 60 unit condo building for 37 years. I know for sure there's been a death in one unit, maybe two (or more?). Units still sell.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Some people have superstition about that but I don't have any problem and you might get a better deal because of it.

Just sage it if you have any concerns.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I recently bought a dog carrier on Amazon. Got it. Like it. After the fact I looked at paperwork included in the packaging. Receipt totaling $72.15 for vet services and a rabies certificate. Vet and dog owner are in Omaha, NE. Dog is a 2.5 YO 18.5 lb chihuahua??!! I'm in the Chicago 'burbs.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 23, 2022 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Mack, go there again now that you know and kind of sit with it. Maybe something is there and you and yours do not feel it. No problem if you do not feel it. Or nothing is there.

If you truly have concerns, ask your religious advisor to come and bless the house.

If you have no religious advisor, just sage it as Dips said and move ahead. This would not stop me from buying a house I liked.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We’re collectively of the mind to proceed with the purchase. The house interior is in excellent condition with a few minor paint touch ups and one wall repair in the laundry room where a pipe obviously burst doing the big freeze here in 2021. The kitchen appliances are all a high end brand and are in excellent almost new condition. The yard is the biggest challenge as it has been basically ignored during the drought and record heat here this year. The pool is fine and the owner obviously had a pool service take care of it after the family moved out.

The reason I mentioned this was years ago when my wife and I moved here we had a real estate agent who took us to a number of homes that met our want list. About the third or fourth house we toured was occupied though the family had left so we could see the house without them there. The place was in a great neighborhood and in excellent condition. My wife and I went upstairs to check out the guest bedrooms, media room, etc. We weren’t up there 5-10 minutes and both of us were almost overwhelmed with a sense of sadness and dread. Left the house and got back into the agent’s car. She asked if we didn’t like the house as we were only in there for 15 or so minutes. We shared our sensing and she confessed she hadn’t told us before but the owners’ 9 year old daughter had died in the house a few months earlier.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That is so tragic! And I would have been p'od that the agent didn't forewarn you, and save you a trip. Also, amazing that you both sensed it anyways.

---

We moved into our fabulous new condo in August. Neighbour across the hall, who's lived in the bldg around 30 years, told me that many years ago, about 3 or 4 owners ago, in our unit, several generations of a family lived here together. Apparently the grandfather drowned in the swimming pool downstairs. While it's awfully sad, perhaps because it was many years ago, and several owners ago, it doesn't creep me out too much. Now if it had been in the unit itself, I MIGHT feel otherwise. Because it was so long ago, at some point I will probably use the pool. But more likely, since I'm not a big swimmer, I'm really looking forward to the whirlpool-hot-tub anyways.

When it comes to hotel rooms, and also hospital beds, I try not to think about the probability of something awful having occurred previously there.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the fact that she drowned in the pool and didn't die in the house would certainly make me more comfortable (although I do not believe in ghosts so this would probably be a non-issue for me - but I don't know about a house where somebody had been brutally murdered - I might start believing in ghosts at that point or at the very least start having nightmares). If his family loves the house then it sounds like a great opportunity.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Roxip - We don’t particularly believe in ghost either but it is hard to explain what happened to my wife and I in the house with the dead child. There were no obvious hints like a memorial table, no warning or hint from our agent, and we’d only been in town a week with no knowledge of the family or child. The two or three children’s rooms upstairs were open and complete with toys, dolls, posters, etc., etc. All the rooms were clean, dusted, vacuumed, and not musty like one might have been closed up. Hard to explain but there was just this “presence”.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My daughter and her husband have been looking at townhouses. Several in the area they are looking into back up to a cemetery. It’s a very good area to buy, great schools, resale ect. There have been many discussions about whether or not one could live next to a cemetery. I could not. So many of my friends said they could…no neighbors or construction around you and very quiet were all pluses to them.
Mack, the house sounds really great.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably a chihuahua mix. They can be a whole range of sizes. Odd that you got their paperwork, though..

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I lived across from the swankiest cemetery in the city, for 10 years. Beautiful landscaping. Lots of joggers, dog-walkers, etc. Loved it. Used to joke that the only time the 'neighbours' were noisy was Halloween. It's odd because I'm a very squeamish type. And I never went for a walk there. But my place faced their gorgeous entrance flanked by two lovely weeping willow trees. Serene. Although the subway would rattle by noisily. I eventually got used to that too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mack, if no one is bothered, it sounds like a great house and location and .. available!

Cemetaries are pretty good neighbors and unlikely to be converted to high density housing and cause parking problems..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 24, 2022 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Mack, I like Christy's idea to (take lawn chairs and) go sit in the house, and around the pool, for a few hours and see if you feel anything, if the real estate agent okays it. And I say that only because you and the wife have felt the vibes before. I would probably not give it a second thought myself, having never had that experience.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I like the idea of spending some more time in the house and yard. Son is off on one of his long business trips and won’t be back home for a couple of weeks but Mrs Mack and I could certainly do that. In the meantime the renovation of son’s condo in San Francisco will be done this week. Once finished he will have replaced all the floors with engineered hardwood or carpet, painted all the rooms, and new kitchen appliances. That has to sell before he can commit to any house here.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I believe we all have an inherent "gut" when something is off about some place.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, yeah, there is that inherent gut feeling, although I have only ever felt it in a positive sense. We moved several times because of my job, and I would know immediately if we were going to buy THIS house or not, and when we got to the right house, we made an offer that same day.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Juju, I think that kind of right feeling, esp when you have moved several times is more of a practical thing. Things that made you crazy in the past, layouts that do not work. Past knowledge that you do not even realize you have.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Mack, with your past experience, you will know. Maybe do some things you enjoy together. Card game, puzzle, whatever you do and interact. You can even speak aloud to the air. Ask for interaction. (Try to do this with no one around, to not sound crazy) My guess is that you would have already known something in your gut.