TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 04, 2022 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Have to laugh right now. We’re reorganizing how we use our counter space in our kitchen. Somehow over the years we both claimed two separate spots for charging stations for our iPhones, iPads, iPods, and FitBit devices. Decided to create one spot, one that we never use for food prep, and consolidate all the chargers, etc. My wife said we’d need some kind of power bar to plug in everything and in a moment of brilliance I blurted out “wall wart!”. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. I explained and before I could barely finish the sentence she was ordering one from Amazon. 👍😀

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We are SO proud to be of assistance to the tranquility of our marital bliss, Mack. Now I’ve just got to remember wall wart until we get home from Alaska.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wall wart is probably wondering why the sudden increase in sales.
🤭

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 27, 2022 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The “wall wart” arrived late yesterday and it now supports our new consolidated device charging station. We use charging cradles for our iPhones so consolidating them looks good and is a much better use of kitchen counter space. Mrs Mack had a momentary brain cramp this morning when she went to get her work and personal phones and they weren’t in the old location. (NOTE: Nobody talks to Mrs Mack until she’s had at least one cup of coffee and don’t ask her any challenging questions. Breaking her early morning routine is not a good thing.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think there is some confusion. The surge protector I posted isn't the wall wart.

A wall wart is the space consuming box thing at the end of a power cord.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Well “wall wart” for the multi plug surge protector thingy works for me. 👍😃

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Naja, that's a wall wart.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, agree with Mack,I prefer wall wart as the name for the space saving device, even though it is the wrong term. Only a couple more days until we arrive back home from our second cruise and hoping to remember this thread so I can order one Or two.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No reason to post this, but a horrific crash in the area has been on my mind since I heard about it. Any crash which ends in death is horrific. This was HORRIFIC. I'm in the 'burbs west of Chicago. Crash was on I-90 further NW of the city. The westbound car was headed for vacation in Minnesota. In the car a couple in their early 30s, their four children, and a friend of their oldest child. Other car was a 22 YO women driving in the wrong direction. Cars collided head-on and burst into flames. ONLY survivor, though very seriously injured, was the father / husband. Air lifted to hospital in Chicago. Can't imagine "coming to" and learning what happened. Unimaginable. Just learned he has died. In this instance -- for the best. Don't know if anyone will ever know what happened -- why the other car was going in the wrong direction. It made national news.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that is so awful. So sorry.

Was it at night / early morning? Most of our wrong car drivers are drunk or buzzed.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Why was 22 YO woman going in the wrong direction? As two cars (and occupants?) burst into flames, probably will never know. Or maybe there's something left to make some determinations.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My prescriptions are finally coming around to be refilled and today my first request to my doc to use Mark Cuban's Costplusdrugs.com is in. We'll see how it goes.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Keep us posted, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is how it has gone so far with Mark Cuban's costplusdrugs. I sent my doc the .pdf with the company info and my account info.

Today my doc finally contacted them with my prescription.

I got an email asking me to review and finish the purchase. 5-7 day shipping is $5.00 and 1-3 day shipping is $15.00.

The only payment method I see is credit/debit card.

Done. We'll see if it's on time. I can't find what shipping method they use, but the email confirmation says when it's shipped they'll send the tracking info. I'll know then. I'm guessing USPS.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally got the email that said it's shipped. It was shipped USPS and Tracking says it will arrive Friday, Sept 16. So if it does arrive on time, that means from the time my doc called it in (Wednesday, Sept 7) to the time I get it will be 9 days.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just requested two more prescriptions.

I figured out how much I will save at costplusdrugs.com.
Including shipping, I will save $148.09 over 3 months, and
$592.36 over the year! Wow!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay, Naja! Let us know when they arrive, and if they are as expected.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 18, 2022 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It arrived ok the other day. Once it's shipped it shows up quickly. But the FAQs say it's shipped within 24-48 hours, and that isn't so. Give it 5 days until it ships from the time you place your order. The 2 prescription order I placed on Sept 13 hasn't shipped yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am finding the processing time is is ridiculously long. I just got the tracking email last night for the order placed Sept 13 and it says it will be here Sept 24. That's 11 days total this time with the processing itself time taking 8 days!

My total and final conclusion for Mark Cuban's Cost Plus Drugs is that the savings are great, but processing time is ridiculous. Maybe the refills will take a shorter amount of time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2022 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If it's a repeat prescription hopefully the refills will go more smoothly. It wouldn't be good if they forced you to have a gap each time.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Went to check my utility bill and it is a negative amount because of a deposit they made to my account. It says it is interest for my cash security deposit that I made when I got my utilities put in my name well over 30 something years ago. I believe the deposit was $300. I'm really surprised that they are doing this 30+ years later. My SIL says they also got one. She said she thinks it is because they recently raised our rates and freaked everybody out. They have never done this before. I posted about this on a local city board and they said it's a normal thing for them to do after three years. But this is 30+ years later, not three. Not that I'm complaining. I plan to call Monday and make sure.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 02, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sounds like some new legislation might have prompted it, or maybe an audit?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 04, 2022 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Somebody must have sued.

Congrats, Hecka!