TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through May 19, 2022 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I lived in a rented house with 4 other girls senior year of college, and we took turns cooking, as much as girls in college could cook. My go-to was the Campbell's cream of mushroom soup noodle casserole, and we all loved it. It served about 5, so it was perfect.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I lived for a year with three other girls. I was a junior, one was maybe a senior and two were grad students. One of the grad students was majoring in some sort of home ec, which seemed very technical. She was the worst cook of the four of us. Burned pancakes, really tough overcooked pot roast (she criticized mine, but everyone ate it.. it was like my mom's). We worked in teams and luckily I was teamed with the library science grad student, who was more easy going. We'd cook one week, the others would clean, then we'd switch.

The home ec major insisted on cooking heart and tongue and other things.. we made pot roast and fried chicken.

Now one time she made a corned beef that was actually quite good.

I only livd there for one semester, as I dropped out and got married (finished my degree a bit later.

Did we use canned soup? I don't remember.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love using canned soups until I realized I had high blood pressure, then I actually started to look at the ingredients in things and saw how much sodium there was.

I still use canned soups but try and get low sodium ones, or make sure I don't use any other heavy salt products.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 11, 2021 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, we were used to the sodium but for years now, those soups are way too salty for me. I don't salt anytning I eat.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I still use Low Sodium Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup for my Chicken and Rice Casserole. I also will add sautéed fresh mushroom to my casserole. It's yummy!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 12, 2021 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh! That was my other soup casserole college go-to. Creamed chicken over rice, Campbell's cream of chicken soup, some canned chicken separated into shreds, serve over rice. I suppose it must have been Minute Rice.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, December 14, 2021 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Heat cream of chicken soup, add frozen veggies and heat again. When hot, add Minute Rice and cover. Used to be one of my favorites.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I live in a condo building and need some plumbing work done. I have called the plumbers I’ve used before because really liked them (they saved me a ton of money when I used them before). I called about a month ago to get an estimate and was put through to voice mail of the estimator. I never got a call back, but thought that it was related to Covid and decided to call back in the new year. So, I called yesterday morning … again, put to the estimators voice mail… no call back.
So, today at about noon, I called again explaining how I’m not getting any call backs from my voice mails. I asked if they are backed up or having issues with Covid, that I just wanted to talk to someone. If I couldn’t get anyone out here, I’d just go to another plumber… the girl who answered the phone said no issues and put me on hold to check with the estimator… when she came back, she said he wasn’t monitoring his work phone and transferred me to his cell.. again, voicemail…. I left pretty much the same message as before requesting a call back whether or not they were able to do an estimate.
Almost 4pm and still no callback yet. To be honest, they are getting more leeway with me because of my prior experience with them. I really want to use them. My issue isn’t urgent, just something I need to take care of. I just needed to vent. If I don’t hear from them tomorrow, I will move onto another plumber.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kookliebird, we have had some problems scheduling plumbers so he probably is crazy busy. Apparently the weather really impacts plumbers in ways I never even realized.

Here it is drains getting stopped up and stuff like that, from all the rain we have been getting.

I always just think of plumbers for inside plumbing and stuff, not all the drains and clogged up pipes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just want a call back. I realize they are busy and even said so to the girl I talked with. Am willing to wait to get the work done. Sigh. I have a love/hate relationship with being a condo owner.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Update… I never got a call back. Called another place and they don’t work on condos. So, I called back with a different plan. Fortunately, this time, I got the owner and could explain what has happened and the work required. She’s had me email pictures of the work area. So, at least, we are moving forward.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Me too -- love / hate being a condo owner. (Lived here for 36.5 years.) I'm in a two wing building. This past Thursday water was off from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for new water heaters. By late Thursday water was still not warm enough for anything. Get up yesterday morning. Not much temp change in water. In the morning someone said turn on faucets and just let the water run. I did. By later yesterday temp was warm for most things, but still could be warmer. Warm enough for bath. And warm enough to do laundry in early evening. Which brings me to next problem.

We have a laundry room (common washers / dryers) in each wing -- not in unit machines. They're being remodeled -- the other wing first starting today. That means for 5 - 7 days both wings will be using laundry room in this wing. Not going to be fun having whole building in one laundry room. TG I was able to get my weekly wash done yesterday. In a couple weeks I'll be going to other wing with my laundry if I can't get mine done in this wing just before laundry room is closed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In my old apt, I had to go to the laundromat. It was a must for me to buy a place with in unit laundry. Now, I don’t know how I could ever live without it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
After about twenty years of coming to South Padre Island, TX for the winter, we have had our first full winter with having a washer and dryer IN our unit, and now we may not be able to live without it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
In unit washer / dryer would be nice. Don't mind going down one floor to do it. But, of course, will machines be available when I want to use them? In this wing there are 36 units and three washers and dryers. For my weekly laundry I use two washers and three dryers.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just want to gripe about women on tv with their oversized fake eyelashes.

They look fake and they look ridiculous. You're not fooling anybody and it makes you look stupid.

It's bad enough on the Housewives franchises, but how can I take anything you say seriously when you are on the news shows?

Are you wearing them to attract men or are you trying to impress other women?

I don't get it.

Gripe finished. Thank you for listening.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I don't get it either, Grooch.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I’ve never noticed the fake eyelashes….my pet peeve, Whenever I go to Arizona, all the news women seem to have, what I call ‘helmet hair’. Perfectly smooth with a ton of product holding it in place. No matter what they do or how they move… the hair stays in place… like a helmet. Usually, a blond helmet.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
We should have a thread called...Who knew?

Who knew bobby pins will set off a metal detector?
Not me. I set off one today. The cop told me no worries.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 08, 2022 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We flew home from South Texas last week, first time we had flown anywhere since we raced home from Buenos Aires on March 15, 2019, when many countries of the world closed their borders. I kept setting off the metal detector at security. Who knew you could forget you had a knee replaced?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
When you fly do you tell TSA that you have metal parts holding you together? A few years ago I broke neck of my femur bone -- three pins.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, nowadays you do, which makes it even weirder that neither of us thought to tell TSA that I had a titanium knee, as I have been telling TSA that Bigdog has two artificial knees since around 2015.

So, yes, just before you are to go through the body scan, you should tell definitely tell TSA you have metal in whatever part they may be. They may direct you to a different screening machine.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't have any, yet..

When I had my ACL surgery in 2003, and went for my post op appointment, I asked the surgeon if there was anything new that benefitted me since I had waited a few years longer than I should have to get the surgery.

He whipped out an xray and said "this" And there was a screw! I asked if that would be a problem for MRI or at airports but it was biodegradable.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I am sick of political commercials. They kill me touting that they are with "President Trump". He's not president anymore. Who cares that you are pushing his agenda?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Hecka)))) I live in a place where that sort of commercial would be the absolute kiss of political death You can assuage your aggravation by registering to vote and voting D all the way down the ballot in every election.