TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through September 09, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 29, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did some office stuff -- transferred Paypal money to my bank and then paid a couple of bills.

Got thru email and twitter. Now the locksmith is here to add my unit to the master key, so odd.

I am wanting to get a Fitbit watch. My pedometer doesn't seem to keep up with my steps and I was thinking the Fitbit might, so I need to do some research on that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Late start today, watching the US Open. Now working on email, etc.

I have a list but probably will only get around to washing my one comforter. The other one is going off to the laundry people. I am hoping it will come back nice and clean and without wrinkles! I already washed and dryed and it is terribly wrinkled. Sister doesn't have a steamer and Cleaners is having a 20% off for comforters and sleeping bags. Hope that takes care of the issue.

They pick up tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Got the bathroom dustbust done and early this morning I put the comforter and one set of sheets out for the cleaners. Got a text that they picked them up around 8.30.

That's when I noticed Sylvester sitting on the carpet staring a the floor where the LVP and carpet meet. I couldn't see anything, the LVP is dark wood color so I grabbed a flashlight ... another trail of ants.

I swear ever since they started cleaning up the underground garage (which I am directly over) I have started to get ants. Called and reported it to the front desk. I really want to spray them but will wait.

This did identify a flashlight that needs new batteries, LOL.

Time to grab my coffee, clear email,etc, listen to my podcast and start my computer games.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 31, 2022 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I found the ant trail / access.... I went to water the plants on the balcony and noticed them coming across the threshold of the balcony door. Then they went along the baseboards to the bedroom door, then they crossed over to avoid the area the PestGuy treated last time and went along the base of the pantry cabinet, up the wall and over to the trashcan. AGAIN ... I sprayed into the trash can that has a plastic bag with Raid.

Then I got a wet rag and poured vinegar on it and wiped down the outside of the trashcan, AGAIN, did the wall and the trail under the pantry across the floor and along the door threshold.

Everyone keeps saying that they are coming in for water but they haven't gone anywhere near the kitty water or sinks. Maybe they will find the water that leaked out on the balcony and stop coming in the house, hahahahahaha.

Anyway, back to clearing the email and other stuff on my list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Hot one today so I have turn on the AC. Pest man didn't come so I mixed some vinegar in water and sprayed the ant trail, I will probably just raid the place where they are coming in the door.

Off to a Personal Expressions Meeting, LOL, to see what they have to say.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, that was interesting. The PE Manager got an assistant so things should be more normal. And we are getting our massage (neck and shoulders) back, the one thing that I really have been interested in.

Just as the meeting was starting I got informed the pest guy was here. So they walked over to my unit and I cut through the courtyard and met them at my house. I showed him where they were coming in and he put the "bait" in some places and followed them and found they were going in my pantry. I didn't look in the upper pantry and they were going for the Girl Scout Cookies!!! How dare they, LOL.

Anyway I pulled a bunch of stuff out of the pantry, it's all sitting on my entry table, LOL. And I just told Sylvester .... tomorrow we clean, I will wipe out the pantry, and baseboards, then sweep/mop and do the dusting. Housekeeping comes next Wednesday.

I also, once again, mentioned that this started when they started cleaning out the garage and he said that could be part of the problem, but he said he would also spray around the foundation because I told him they are climbing up the wall to come in from my balcony.

So that is where we are now with the ants.

Off to watch Serena/Venus play doubles.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 02, 2022 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Well darn, Serena/Venus lost in doubles, but Serena will play again tonight!

Not to hot yet, and I need to do some cleaning and put the pantry back together. Also gathering some kitchen things to send home with my sister. I have a whole 5 lb bag of sugar that I got because I used so much to fill the hummingbird feeder and I don't do that here. So it goes in her bag, LOL. Plus I don't need the huge black Hefty bags either.

But first it is time to read the paper, have some yogurt and listen to taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 02, 2022 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the pantry rearranged and stuff into my "Sister" bag for tomorrow. Still need to do the floors and baseboards.

Finished up the paper, boy there is nothing on TV other than The US Open, LOL, and now working on email and twitter while I listen to my DayDrinking Podcast.

Off to grab the coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 02, 2022 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Updated my calendar, excited about the neck/shoulder massage times coming! And I saw my mammogram is coming up so filled out the paperwork for the bus.

Closed up the house and have the AC going to try and keep the house cool before the excessive heat wave. Plus I was noticing that I was sweating if I did anything, so that wasn't good, LOL.

Off to clear twitter, haven't gotten to that yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Sister coming over today and we will go get some breakfast and then do some chores around the house. I hope she remembers to bring me some mint, LOL.

Also going to rotate the mattress and put the dust ruffle on the bed.

Off to clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 03, 2022 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG we had such a fun day... ended up going to Black Bear Dinner for breakfast, then over to Pet Express and got some kitty grass and then dropped off my two containters of shredding ($19 / $1.50 per pound). So that was fabulous, then swing by Starbucks for a coffee.

Home we got so much done. I needed to rotate the mattress and put the dust ruffle on. All this time and I got the wrong dust ruffle, LOL. Somehow I ended up with a twin when I am sure I ordered a queen but it was 3 sided which was odd as well. It works fine and hides the end of the bed from view of my office, and the kitties can hide under there so I am happy with it even tho it wasn't what I thought I bought, LOL. And had I realized I could have returned it and got a new one because I have had it for 2 weeks.

Then we did some work on the balcony, repotted my geranium and she brought me some mint, which I have been missing. And all kinds of other little chores.

I sent her off with a bag of stuff that she was excited to get, and she took out the trash/recycling (that wasn't on her list) and in the process helped a little old lady coming down the hall with her trash on her walker take out her trash.

So it has been a productive day and now we can both relax for the rest of the day avoiding any of the heat.

YEAH!! Oh and she took the coffee table and balcony table along with a bucket that she is going to paint. I didn't realize that they were spray painted and you can't really do that here, LOL.

So fabulous day and now I can goof off for the rest of the holiday weekend.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2022 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!!! A HOT ONE!!!

Under an excessive heat advisory so not much really planned for the day. I do have some office stuff I want to do so that may be what I get up to.

Off to read the paper and enjoy my Starbucks Latte.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So disappointed!!! I went to read my paper and it turns out it was the San Francisco Chronicle and not the East Bay Times. Unbelievably different content and layout for the Sunday paper. I did finally find the TV Guide part, which was in the tiniest print I have seen in a long time, LOL. So I reported that I didn't get a paper.

Looking forward to my Neck/Shoulder Massage at 3pm today, I even set an alarm, LOL.

Off to brunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission --- HAPPY LABOR DAY

Not much planned for today other than some basics. I need to refill water bottles and do mostly office stuff.

I was up in dark this morning so then took a nap around 8am. Just getting to coffee, email and twitter.

Oh, the massage was great. I was expecting one of those people with the chairs, that do 15 minutes but what they offer here is one of the staff is trained in massage / manicures, etc. and they do it. She was good with the massage on the neck and shoulders but I think I am going to find a day spa nearby and get a true back massage and pedicure. (The staff here can't do anything that includes cutting, like trimming nails.)

So that is something I can research today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 05, 2022 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good grief ... they just came around with a cart with ice water and juice to check on me. I was talking to the gal about this yesterday saying it seemed crazy to me. But I do understand, it is important to check on the elders .... but maybe they should do it by Age!

We seem to have a bunch of over 90's here, they amaze me, and while we are independent living apartments a few of them do worry me. But it seems they just go floor to floor and door to door.

I told them I had refilled all my water bottles, my temperature was fine and thanks for stopping by, LOL.

I did just finish refilling all the water bottles, dumped the ice and refilled the trays. Plus I am very much aware of the Excessive Heat Warning.

I will even walk around the courtyard today just to make "management" happy that I haven't gone outside.

It was really nice out on my balcony at 6am this morning, but this is a dangerous heatwave.

Oh, I did my Safeway order, they will come on Wednesday and I just got through all my regular mail and packages.

Still working on email /twitter, no plans to do anything strenuous or sweat inducing, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Too hot to go out on the balcony this morning, it never really cooled down.

Just trying to stay cool.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2022 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, getting ready for Housekeeping tomorrow .. dustbusted the bathroom (that's a daily chore) but then I cleaned up the kitchen and got the dishwasher running. I figure I can unload it later and then it will be ready for any dishes I use today.

Put away some of the broom and mop from the ant infestation, and refilled another couple of water bottles.

Recycling is ready to go out so I will take that out when I head to dinner.

The only left that I want to do is to vacuum the office litter box area and change out the rug. So that will happen at some point.

Off to clear email and twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Missin

Lowered the AC to get more cool into the house, I had popped it up yesterday at 4pm to help with the load on the power grid. I got the emergency blast on both my phones, LOL about trying to cut energy use.

Getting ready for housekeeping. I changed out my rugs under the desk, the litter tracking mat is on the balcony (which will be fine if it gets wet this winter, LOL, just hoping for rain) and the black rug under the desk. Then I took a couple of the kitty things out to the balcony so the floors are all clear and ready for cleaning.

My comforter came back from the cleaners, my God it is huge, LOL, I forgot how big until I saw the bag they put it in, I will for sure send that back to them once I change the comforters.

Time to go read the paper and have some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Some prep continuing and I ended up riding my bike for the first time since I moved!

I have been wanting to get my bike riding back into my daily routines. Realized I had set it up a bit to "tall", so adjusted it to a better fit for me and I replaced the batteries so the tracker thing works again.

And I forgot, no yogurt, LOL, Safeway is coming tonight so I will have to resort to BelVita with my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Housekeeping came !! I love her, LOL, I got Stephanie and she is really good, just dusts and cleans and gets under the furniture to get the kitty hair!

I had on my list to dust the bookcases but now I will move that to after the next cleaning, in two weeks. Karen doesn't usually do the dusting and she isn't as good about going around the walls and furniture edges.

Anyway, the kitties and the house are back to normal. I only have one thing out on the balcony that needs to come back in but it is too hot right now!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2022 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So annoying !!! My safeway order didn't come; the driver called me earlier and said he was broken down on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck. He said to call customer service and have them reschedule. He was very nice and I felt bad for him.

Of course after holding, customer service was unable to provide me with a delivery!!!

So I placed a new order and the first delivery I could get was Friday.

I will be forced to go down to breakfast tomorrow and get some yogurt and stuff, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Mammogram appointment today. Ran down and got 3 yogurts and a banana. So weird it was really nice when I crossed the courtyard, felt cool and breezy. By the time I finished and came back home it was hot and humid!

Not sure what else will be done today. Off to read the paper and have some yogurt, then get ready to leave.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mamogram done, they whipped me in and out of there so fast I was done before my appointment was scheduled!

So sad to find out the Queen had died, altho I sort of expected it.

Back home and when I walked in they were just finishing up a meeting and had Krispy Kreme donuts for everyone!!! Score, LOL.

Now I can start my normal morning routine, although I won't need to rid the bike since I have been running around so much already today.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I had a mammogram early this morning as well!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Safeway is coming this evening, 6 to 10pm, that was the earliest appointment I could get since the truck breakdown. I realized that the redelivery would be on my birthday so I ordered a little cake and some flowers.

It is nice out, so I have the balcony door open and watered all the plants, then I sat out there for a while and watched Nala stand on the seat of the walker put her paws up on the handlebars and eat the spider plant. It was so funny to see her using the walker.

Off to read the paper and have some yogurt.