TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through September 01, 2022 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, November 15, 2021 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Went to healthcare.gov and applied. I was not offered any discounts on premiums. My sister says her daughter only pays about $7 a month for an over $800 premium. I don't get it. I apply every year and am never offered anything lower.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 15, 2021 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Are you putting in your income correctly?

Some people have issues because their states didn't take the Medicaid expansion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 15, 2021 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, I had that same problem so I contacted an insurance agent and he got me a discounted plan. But I am in California.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Amazon question:

I have a prepaid Visa for $100 that I put into Amazon as a payment method (I already have my normal credit card stored there). I now have $15ish left, so I an wondering what happens if the next thing I buy is over that amount...

Amazon won't know the balance left on the card so won't know it won't cover the purchase, so does it do a quick check when I place the order, then ask for another card for the rest, or...?

Does anyone know?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it might do a quick check against the Visa number, just like it would do with a regular Visa. I had this once and had to use the prepaid Visa and then enter my regular Visa card for the balance of the payment.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Amazon will use up the balance and ask you for a different payment amount for the rest.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Great, thank you!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what the site is that you can check to see how much money a non profit brings in actually goes to the charity? I think it had the word star in it. TIA

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
https://www.charitynavigator.org/ is the one I know.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I found the one with the word star in it, but now you have to register to use it. Forget that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I lost 2 lbs of Swiss cheese that is in a huge container like this! This pic is the provolone. Anyway, I opened it yesterday, took out 3 slices, 1 to eat and two for a sandwich, and I thought I put it away. Today it's nowhere. I emptied the fridge and freezer completely except for the door and it's not there. I looked in the cabinets, all the garbages, anywhere I could think, and no Swiss cheese. 2 lbs! Any suggestions?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Do you have an attic or a basement where someone might be residing?

Was there an open window where someone or some thing could reach in and help themselves?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Have your dogs been having cheese farts?

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Put away with the bread?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I know! That show "Phrogging: Hider in my House" has me paranoid! haha

I'm the only one who eats bread so I keep it in the freezer and I checked there.

haha, the dogs would have had to eat the plastic as well.

Best I can guess is it's in yesterday's garbage that is already in the big bin. I was making something with eggs in the morning so I pulled the trash close to the counter to toss the shells. Maybe later I knocked the cheese off the counter into the trash? I don't know. You'd think I would have noticed.

It's a real mystery.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Naja, my cousin once had a dog who was a thief. He would roam the neighborhood and bring back his I'll gotten gains.

Things he would bring home included a whole pizza, box and all, a sack of potatoes, and the best one was that he once brought home an entire wheel off cheese!

Thanks for the memories. :-)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naja, that tv show is exactly what I was thinking about because they were talking about it on The View the other day. That and your love for scary movies had me laughing at the thought.

I do think the garbage is where it went. I've learned to count my silverware due to 'accidental' tosses.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
With your purse or car keys? On the porch?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 29, 2022 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, it's just gone :-(

There is another recent mystery that was kind of sad. I've had 4 African Dwarf frogs since January, and I carefully keep the tank covered.

Last month when I was doing my usual morning frog count, there were only 3. I figured one was just hiding really well. A few days go by, and still no 4th frog. I took the whole tank apart piece by piece to clean it, and still no 4th frog, not even a dead one. I bet the one frog that grew 3 times bigger than the rest may have eaten it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://toadsnfrogs.com/frogs-cannibals/

Could be, Naja.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I need to send some money to somebody in Ukraine. Their PayPal was just blocked and they're not sure if they will be able to recover it.

In the meantime, what other ways besides western union is there to send money?

Thanks!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Venmo? Zelle? You both have to have the apps installed for that to work. The money goes directly into their bank account.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 26, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Paypal is blocked in Russia, not Ukraine. So just their paypal was blocked?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 30, 2022 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I finally got some video of my huge frog that I think ate one of the little ones. I think my frogs are adorable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95W1BfiJZM

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 01, 2022 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huge!