TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: TVCH OVER '60ish" Thread : Archive through June 19, 2020 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
And my theme song of the day is... When I'm 64 by the Beatles. Cuz that's me as of today. ;)

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche' is today your Birthday' ...Happy Birthday dear girl...You deserve the best birthday ever..
I am right behind you by one yr. I turn 63 in a few weeks... Crazy.

I kind of dont feel that old...but shit happens and time fly's...

I think the only thing, 'outside of health issues', is that as I age, I loose the ones I love. That is sad.

But' I still do 100 jumping jacks every day'..lol, Not like before....But' I do it....

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good news, Chewy. When you hit 65, you can step down to 75 daily jumping jacks. OR, you can go to a swimming pool and continue to do 100 jumping jacks in the water. You still get aerobic benefit and muscle exercise but don't impact the joints as much.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Ha ha Juju' one of my biggest problems, 'outside of talking to much' is that I cant sit still...

I am active by default. Everyday I tackle something and so far cept for aches and pains' I keep on keeping on....

I am one stubborn Cur'...and well' I am thankful for that...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 06, 2019 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Young sprouts, both of you

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 07, 2019 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Chewi! Lol Juju & Sea. Haven't done Jumping Jacks in decades, but I did rejoin Zumba this week after a 4 year Hiatus for medical issues. Does that count?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Chew, just tell people that it's your 'PLENTY-THIRD' birthday.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love that Ophilia'

And good for you Mame' Zumba is good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No way will I do jumping jacks!

My ACL was gone for so long that even after repair in 2093, my body fights jumping, since that would have been a disaster.

Zumba is good, Mame! Music is great for the brain and combining it with something else is even better.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I understand that Seamonkey' Ive had time where I just cant...

I like Yoga.. I have a bit of a routine I do every night for about 30 min's, and It makes me feel good. No hard impact.

I dont know why but I have a hard time with group exercise, I need to be alone and get into my mind.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, April 08, 2019 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We had the best time doing water aerobics in the outdoor KOA pool in South Padre Island over the winter. We rent a condo, don't stay in the KOA, but they allow a local woman to give classes in their pool. We had heard about people going there for years, so we thought we would try it. It was $2 a class, and a very nice big pool. Bigdog was the only man most days, 30 people on a good day. It was just fine for anybody to burst into spontaneous song, and the rest of the class would join in.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sounds idyllic Juju.

Koa?

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Kampgrounds of America, Mameblanche. It is a chain of campgrounds throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh ok. Thx Y2k :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah, KOA is an RV campground chain, but sort of up-market, a suitable place to park your $350,000 ($1.5 million Canadian, just kidding) diesel pusher (you don't tow it; you drive it, gets 8 miles per gallon) with a "toy garage" in the back where you store your twin ATV's or wave-riders or motorcycles. BUT it allows for you to bring along your pets and not leave them at home. It's a lifestyle.

You can also RIDE your motorcycle there and pop up your tiny backpacking tent, and camp for a price that probably exceeds the local motel rates.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Wow, when I was a kid we had campers of various configurations and we stayed at KOAs sometimes. I wonder if they were so expensive compared to a hotel back then. Of course, you have to consider with a camper, you can cook your own food....

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Guess what! Guess what!

I was buying something in a health food store and the girl asked me if I was 60 or over!

Because I was, I got a 10% discount.

Woo hoo. I am seventy five. She made me feel younger.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Congrats! :-)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
That's great, Dogdoc. It's amazing the discounts that are out there if you just ask.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, June 30, 2019 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
DD, I love playing the little old lady card. People truly love to help me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dang, last post was about 11 and a half months ago.

I am selling a Hoover Wind Tunnel self-propelled vacuum cleaner I no longer need because we mostly have hardwood floors now and two other vacuum cleaners. We bought it new exactly twenty years ago when we lived in San Francisco. Which got me to thinking about rugs and carpets. Which made me realize I have a 9 x 12 Karastan rug that is almost fifty years old. First husband and I bought it new when we were first married, and it was wickedly expensive. At the time, the salesman told us it would last fifty years and still not show any wear. And I thought, "Yeah, right, good sales pitch." It still looks new. Huh!

Anybody had any good over 60-ish moments lately?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have a lot of them, but I can't remember them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol Doc!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, June 17, 2020 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I always wanted to be a hippie but was to much of a chicken to head to San Francisco with no money. But I've always been one at heart.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Did AARP just throw us under the bus? "Older adults, worriers and perfectionists were more likely to stockpile during the pandemic."

The run on bathroom tissue had government leaders urging consumers to refrain from panic buying and left others wondering just who was doing all this hoarding. A study published in the online journal PLOS One found that age was a factor.

"With increasing age, people tend to stockpile more toilet paper.” The study suggests that older people may have been more eager to prepare for strict self-isolation because they are more prone to experiencing more severe symptoms of the viral disease.

http://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2020/toilet-paper-hoarding.html?cmp=SL-DSO-OUTBRAIN-HEALTH-CORONA-RSSFEED_New+Study+Shows+Which+Groups+Hoarded+Toilet+Paper