TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through August 09, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went to make sure my address change for Voter Registration had processed and it occurred to me that I should change it at the DMV ! LOL.

It really is never ending.

Got my appointment for the dentist. I need to remember to pick up a form to schedule the van ride.

I really need to get them to make a website where you can get information and print forms and stuff like that!

For example, we have a water outage today that was supposed to be from 8am to 1pm, but of course that is not what happened. They shut it off starting at noon, but there isn't any way to notify us about that. And they are hoping to have it back on at 5pm, I should go check and see if it is back on.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah the water is back on!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, moves are tough. I ended up making a digital list of every account I had changed the address on and was still adding to it years later. There is always something I/we have forgotten.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, I was thinking someone should just make a list of all the company names that and general categories that you need to change on a handy dandy checklist. Everything else is on the internet, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Getting ready for the housecleaners today. Got the miscellaneous stuff out of the bathroom (I like to give them free access to the entire floor for cleaning, I put the kitty litter box up on the bed when they get here).

And I used my rollie to put the empty bins out on the balcony. I will take out the newspapers and used litter to the trash shortly.

Only other thing on the list for the day is to call PG&E and confirm my account has the correct electricity being billed here, they still show my old address.

REfilled water bottles and put all the dishes into the dishwasher so that room is ready.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ok, seems we are going to have the water cut off again today ... I know how this works, it really pisses people off but they have to finish whatever work they have planned. Off to fill a pitcher with water.

But they are saying the housekeeping will go as planned, I guess they can clean without too much water.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Newspapers, boxes and kitty poop into the recycling and trash, respectively.

Time for some of my morning routine to begin. Yogurt and Taran.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So happy, I called my computer guy to see if they could make my laptop and printer "Besties" again, LOL. And he said he could come right over!!!

He just left and now I have a functioning printer with scan ability (it kept forgetting it was also a scanner) and he got my speakers to work properly.

I am so happy, now I can update my password list and my emergency contact list! YEAH.

And I see the cleaning ladies cart is outside my door so I quickly moved the litter box and rug up onto the bed and put some other stuff out on the balcony so my floors are clear for the mopping and cleaning.

It's a great day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
House is put back together, Nala has been found -- I think she was under the bed and came running out when the vacuum went in there and went under the sofa. Then when the mopping began close to the sofa she went out on the balcony.

Then I realized it was hot, even with my fans going, so I turned on the AC unit and closed the door. I couldn't find her out there but knew she was probably hiding in the storage room (I should put a kitty bed out there I have a ton) I called her a few times.

Then I remembered I needed to windex the door to the balcony and the windows over the AC unit -- been on my list. I was hoping she would come out, I called her a little more.

Then I went and took a shower. I figured she was out because Sylvester was sitting on the bedroom window sill looking out. I figured he was saying NaNa NaNa NaNA at Nala because he was in and she was out.

And I was correct, she was sitting on the balcony looking at him so I let her back into the house and gave her a treat for being so brave, LOL.

Now to curl my hair and get my computer games caught up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2022 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief, I was just checking to see when my Safeway delivery was coming tomorrow and didn't find a receipt in my email so I went to check.

I didn't checkout!!! Worked out ok tho, still coming tomorrow just in the evening instead of the afternoon..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Late start but since the water was off this morning I decided to sleep in. I couldn't do my laundry which was the chore for today.

The water seems to be on but I figure I can use today for office chores.

Off to clear email, twitter, find out what happened on Big Brother and go from there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 04, 2022 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, my Safeway delivery just came and I ordered a bottle of wine so they had to see and write down my ID. The guy and I were laughing about it since this is a 55+ community. So funny. I guess a child could be visiting me and order the wine but it is pretty funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Laundry Day!! I have a full hamper and I want to wash 3 comforters, a woven rug and and kitty bed. BUT I may only do the hamper and 2 comforters depending on how I feel about going up and down the stairs.

I want to change out the sheets and comforter on the bed as well.

Getting caught up on BigBrother, clearing email and waiting for the redelivery of my paper ... I hope I get it. It is so odd to not have received the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dishwasher is unloaded, 2 comforters in the laundry, email has been cleared.

It seems hotter than "they" said it was going to be. So I had to dig out my desk fan to cool off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 05, 2022 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Two comforters cleaned. Now I just need to put the sofa back together (I used the one comforter as a cover for it) with the one that looks good with my new furniture.

Not sure why the one comforter always comes out wrinkled from the dryer, have it spread out on the top of the bed to try and unwrinkle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

ACCCCKKKK!!! Sylvester made a dash out the front door, I ran to grab him and the door closed, he looked around and turned to go back in but the door was just closing so then he was scared and started down the hall. WITH a loud yeowl, LOL. I managed to grab him and toss him back into the house.

I swear .... today my sister is coming over and we are headed out to breakfast and the Habitat for Humanity Restore. I have a list of things to look for ... you never know what they might have.

I need a dustruffle, some hangers, maybe a picture for over my bed and maybe a small floating shelf for the kitchen and I have been thinking about one on outside the front door too.

Then I don't know what else we might work on. OH, maybe changing out the bedsheets and the comforter and the shams. She can help me with that.

Time to put the sofa back together then clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Done with chores for the day!! My sister fixed the TV straps in the living room, they kept coming off, this is the seond time she has reattached them. So not they are screwed into the table. Then we took the extra straps and secured the "linen closet" to the all and taped the lamp down to the top so it won't come flying off in an earthquake.

Moved all the wine glasses into the hutch which frees up some room in the kitchen cabinets.

And we taped the AC cord up under the AC unit ... oh dear, I see it is coming back down ... hmm maybe I should use some other tape. She chose duct tape.

I went and ordered a dust ruffle for the bed. And she also repotted a plant. WE had stopped at the dollar store to pick up a couple of plant trays that I needed.

So all kinds of stuff done!! And I just want to take a nap, play games and goof off for the rest of the day, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's Sunday !!! A day for being grateful

Not sure what will get done today. Just clearing email, enjoying my coffee and reading the Sunday paper.

Oh probably catch up on a couple of podcasts and maybe go out to dinner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Somehow I am running about 5 hours behind on my morning routines, LOL. I just realized that I hadn't taken my morning pills, the ones I take at 7.30am!! So I am now starting my day, hahahaha.

Had a great dinner at Chile's last night and have a ton of leftovers... so I don't need to go down to dinner tonight.

Just working on the paper, computer games and maybe get a couple of chores done later.

Off to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got thru all my email and twitter. Guess now I actually have to do some real chores, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Working on the bed ... got all the kitty toys off, LOL, and then changed the pillows and put on the new shams.

Took the comforter out onto the balcony and shook it as best as possible, then folded it up... it can sit out there until it's turn in the laundry.

Took the blanket that sits on the end of the bed out and shook it as well, once I get the sheets changed I can put it back where it belongs.

Can't do any more laundry, Darnit - LOL, until my order of Clorox comes.

Off to change the sheets and finish up the bed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and my friend brought me back a very pretty little coin purse from Spain that is made of cork. It is so amazing .... I decided to use it for my laundry room coins.

So I got them all moved into it. It is so cute.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 08, 2022 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sheets and comforter are back on the bed. Looks great except for some reason this comforter has one side that just doesn't wash well. Can't figure out what the deal is, it is very wrinkled and feels thicker than the entire rest of the comforter. It is one third of the comforter.

Maybe I will flip it so that the bottom third is the "bad" part and I can put the blanket over it so I don't notice, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2022 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Just working on stuff in the office, I might do a load of laundry I think I have enough clorox for one load. So I need to sort that down to one load.

Going to a meeting here to see what it's all about.

Off to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wargod, have we lost Wargod ??? Did all the dust and mud blowing in from the Monsoons cause her to throw her hands in the air and go running down the street, hahahahahaha!!!

What's Wargod doing these days?