TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 20, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 20, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with pickled veggies, and onion rings OR

Chicken Pesto Pasta.

The sandwich and onion rings looked good. I had the the pasta, it was very good.

Green jello w/whipped cream for desert.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 24, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tipaplia or Meatloaf with Mashed potatoes and mixed veggies .. I had meatloaf, it was great.

Berry crumble with a scoop of ice cream!!

Enjoyed it and it was very good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2022 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken Alfredo Pasta / Lemon Bar !

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy ... Tri Tip w/ roasted cauliflower and zucchini.

Fresh melon fruit cup for desert (very good).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Blackened Salmon !! So good, with carrots and couscous.

Is couscous supposed to have a sauce? Anyway it was ok, but I think some "gravy" on it would have been better, LOL.

Berry crumble with a scoop of ice cream for dessert.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Although it is a pasta rather than a grain, couscous is improved by a little something to add flavor and cohesion as do rice, barley, etc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks TNT, I was thinking some butter would make it more flavorful, so will try that next time.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Love salmon!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 06, 2022 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Flank Steak w/polenta and roasted veggies. I substituted 1/2 baked potato for the polenta.

Choc Cake w/ice cream.

Extra yummy tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 07, 2022 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Didn't care for tonights meal ... it was chicken with Red Bellpepper Humus and Cucumber Salad.

I liked the Cucumber Salad, the Hummus was ok and the Chicken was good.

The combination of foods just didn't seem like it went together to me. It was filling but didn't rock my boat, LOL.

The other offering was a Gyro, which looked good.

However .... the dessert was excellent ... cheesecake.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 08, 2022 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy dinner ... one of my favs ...

Salisbury Steak / Mashed potatoes / carrots/peas

Tapioca pudding for dessert. (this brought me back to 1973, I worked for Sears and had a tapioca pudding every day for break, LOL).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forgot to mention dinner yesterday. It was very good chili with cornbread and coleslaw. I even got some to go, LOL.

Pecan pie for dessert!! So glad dessert is usually a small slice or I would be gaining weight with all these sweets, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dinner was Mexican, sort of ... I had a burrito that came with Pico de Gayo. The pico was great the burrito ok.

This is the second Mexican food dinner I have had that was just ok. Which is so odd since Concord has a large Hispanic population.

Anyway I was thinking how they could make it better which would be to allow us to say what we wanted on it, like Chipotle, which would only work if we weren't still in Covid times. Then they could set up an assembly line for the choices. For now they have to make them and then just serve them up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken Parm with cauliflower rice and roasted zuchinni. I liked it all very much, and then we had cannolis'. Chef did good tonight, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, fabulous ribs with corn on the cob and sweet potato mash. It was all so good!!!

Cheesecake for desert! And I got the new Waitress, Kennedy, so it was practically personal dining, LOL.

She was so cute, I almost didn't finish the plate when she was there with the next item. I was cracking up.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This thread makes me so hungry, Dipo! It all sounds so delicious!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha ... So far I have only had to meals I didn't really like but even they were nourishing and edible, just not my cup of tea.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Leftover (yummy) takeout Greek Moussaka tonight.

I do cook, but we do order in a lot...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Change of plans...a neighbour called. She's bringing over homemade Dominican Pastele Casavas. (Meat pies)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 15, 2022 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Salmon, green beans and Fettuccini Alfredo ... All of it was excellent

They really get some good salmon here, amazing.

And then tapioca pudding for dessert.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 17, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops .. we had tri tip last night served with asparagus and bbq beans, it was fabulous.

Plus chocolate cake w/ice cream.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 18, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roast beef with potatoes and zuchini AND pecan pie with whipped cream.

Yummy, a little disappointed the potatoes were fried/baked and not mashed, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chicken adobe with rice noodle salad and carrots.

The noodle salad was really good, had never had it before.

Everything was very good, brownie w/ice cream for dessert

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 20, 2022 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I get hungry every time I come in and see what you had for dinner Dipo!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I love the dinners, when I had to cook for myself I could never think of what to make. Here I get a lot of variety and some things I have never had before.