TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Dinner: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 23, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 30, 2022 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
All kinds of flags / memorial Day decorations and a fabulous buffet line with wine/beer/soda, cloeslaw / potato salad / watermelon slices...

Hot dogs with onions / cheese / chili and bbq'd chicken. Then they had ice cream bars.

Excellent meal!! But the Chardonnay was terrible, LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Bad white wine is possible, although cheap red wine is even worse!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 31, 2022 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Make them stock some sauvignon blanc for you, Dipo.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yummy tomato basil soup / salad / chicken thigh & leg / zuchinni and squash with a really good corn/seasoned cornbread.

Another yummy meal.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have had two post-rehab respite stays in two different communities. The first had dreadfully poor rehab and NO activities. This was waaaaaaaaay preCOVID. The second had activities, but not enough daily to keep my mind and body busy!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Apparently during the bad covid times they didn't have any activities here, not even dinners, all meals were delivered to the apartments. When I first visited they game me a monthly schedule of the activities so I could see what they were.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pork chop, glazed carrots and wild rice. Salad / soup.

I don't normally eat pork but thought I would try it. It was fine but I think I needed some sort of sauce. Still it was a good meal.

The desert was jello with fruit cocktail... made me laugh and it was tasty but reminded me of elementary school. hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 03, 2022 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cod w/barley and mixed veggies. It was ok, liked the veggies a lot, haven't really ever had barley as a side dish and it was ok, I think I would have liked to add some butter to it, LOL.

The Cod was ok, with a tomato sauce.

Berry cobbler with ice cream, yummy. These people really love their ice cream there is a bit of upset that they are out of chocolate ice cream.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 03, 2022 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have never eaten barley to my knowledge. Seems like an odd side dish for California

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 04, 2022 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Barley is actually quite good, but I have normally had it in soups.

Tonights Beef Stroganoff was a bit odd. The beef had a bbq flavor to it and the noodles were bow ties. It tasted good but I was expecting egg noodles and sour cream.

The roasted Cauliflower was FABUOLOUS, I wanted more, and then we had chocolate cream pie!

Another good meal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Shrimp ceviche (it wasn't raw but that is what they called it) with Spanish rice and black beans. Strawberry cake for desert.

Fabulous. I even liked the rice and beans which surprised me.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying your descriptions, Dipo. :-)

(Also enjoying the comments.)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 07, 2022 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ceviche is not raw. It is "cooked" in lime juice, but it sort of looks like it is raw. It is generally delicious, and if anybody here ever makes it to Peru, definitely have ceviche.

Dang, Dipo, they are sure offering y'all some good stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2022 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tonight was Crab Cakes or Tri Tip with scalloped potatoes and broccoli, then fresh fruit for desert.

I had the crab cakes, they were ok but I haven't really found good crab cakes around here, LOL. Loved everything else.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 10, 2022 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crusted tilapia, some thought it was too spicy, I thought it was excellent, wild rice and asparagus!

Berry cobbler with a scoop of ice cream.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spaghetti and meatballs! a ton of food with garlic bread. And lemon cake for desert.

Yummy and I brought home leftovers, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 14, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Carne Asada, rice and corn on the cob. The meat was so tender and flavorful! And it was great having the corn! Strawberry cake for desert.

Another fabulous meal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well they try, LOL. Today was Hawaiian Luau Day ... Teriyaki chicken and some sort of beef, coconut rice, hawaiian mac/cheese / fruit salad / booze and entertainment.

The food was ok, not something I would normally order but had some flavor.

Wine was Cupcake (I checked the bottle) not too good.

Everyone was enjoying the entertainment .. a couple of singers doing Hawaiian songs.

And they did the decorations really well. I am just not sure why this was done in the middle of the week.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tri tip w/baked beans and zuchinni ... yummy!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
stuffed peppers. Sweet potatoes. Green beans

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I missed Friday we had Salmon, it was yummy!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grilled chicken, mac /cheese, roasted corn and lemon bars.

It was great, especially enjoyed the lemon bars.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 22, 2022 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yesterday was Cheese Enchilada with Roasted Chayote, or Pollo Asada / Black Beans and Chayote.

I had the enchilada and got a side of beans, and it was great.

The "woman who knows everything" that sits at the table next to me told everyone it was cactus, LOL.

It is actually a Mexican Squash and was okay.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What was last night's dinner, Dipo?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 23, 2022 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I didn't go down last night but I remember it was sloppy joes with roasted potatoes or Pizza Pasta.