TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 04, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through July 04, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just had a little exploration of the catio. Sylvester really is a high guy, he kept trying to figure out how to jump up on the railing (which he can't). He finally jumped up on a plant which brought it tumbling down.

I sort expected a few mishaps so that's why I was sitting out there with them. I will try this out but I may need a screen for the patio door as well. Just so I can open it for the breeze and without having to worry about the kitties going out on the balcony and getting into mischief.

Something to ponder. Of course, once they get used to it, it might not be an issue at all. This was their first time outside any doors so I am sure it was confusing.

Got my bike set up so I can start riding again!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday!! Time to Take A Break and Reflect

Just doing stuff around the house, have some thoughts on where a couple of missing things might be, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced checkbook and got email cleared.

I think I feel like a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2022 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Made a new list of chores to get the house more in order. I got my lamp set up in the far corner of the house with a timer and I am putting a plant there which will look good.

Then I moved the placemats and candles over to the new table which frees up a drawer in the hutch, so now I need to decide what should go in there.

Moving some stuff from the pantry to the kitchen, then I can put my first aid stuff/lightbulbs and stuff like that in there.

Oh and I did find my pearls, LOL. Plus all my jewelry I had forgotten about so now I need to fix a place for it.

for now I am having some coffee, clearing email, etc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 27, 2022 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EMail done, working on twitter. Got the picture cleaned that I will be hanging in the bathroom. And I have pulled out the things that normally hang in the kitchen.

Oh and I found a box that will fit perfect up in the closet for Nala to sleep in. She keeps going up there but I didn't have the proper box, LOL.

And Nala did figure out that she can jump up on the top of the cabinets in the kitchen, LOL, there is a gap between them and the ceiling. She took a lengthy nap up there.

Now working on moving stuff around and locating nails to put up the decorative pot holders and molds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesdays Mission

More of the same ... putting stuff away and moving it where it more logically goes, LOL.

Nala is happy, I finally moved one of the spider plants back into the house. For some reason she likes to chew on them so I keep rotating them out so that they can grow a little.

Have a couple of pictures ready to hang and I found some of the nails for it.

Yesterday I managed to get some of the newspapers and recycling out. Still need to figure out when the bins are emptied.

Off to get some yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WEnt down and let them take a picture (for ID purposes) and then they took a copy of my id, vaccine card and health card. Got them to make a copy of my vaccine card for my pocket (the old one only had the 3 shots, so now I have the updated one to keep with my id).

Came back and my new kitty grass had arrived and I have several other packages to open up!

But first I cleaned all the photos / pictures I want to put on the hall wall. And I found all the decorative things for the kitchen. I have a Miller LIfe round serving tray that normally is on the wall so I spent the time cleaning it. Plus I have these cute copper covered molds (I think they are to make jello molds, LOL) and those needed to be cleaned.

So now I have everything ready to hang on the walls but I am trying to figure out how to determine the center of the kitchen wall where I want to put the colorful tray.

On and I moved the crock pot and stuff into a kitchen cabinet that I found had nothing in it. That frees up a space in the pantry for some other stuff.

Time for a break.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So excited, I got my stove covers, they are red; and my new sketchers slip on shoes! And then I opened the last package and I couldn't figure out what the heck !!!

Then I realized it is a Christmas present or Birthday gift for my sister, it is a lovely plastic case that has all kinds of matching gardening tools. So I boxed it back up and wrote on the box that is it a gift and it will find a place in on the shelf in my closet.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 28, 2022 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Tell us something about the people you are meeting and the friends you are making! That is what I am looking very forward to when/if I move! I felt very welcomed and confortable in the community where I did my two weeks respite after my latest hospital visit! I have so many friends here, and we get together at least a couple of times a week for Happy Hours or just a glass of wine together on the porch or desk or sometime a covered dish supper. I am blessed with several close friends from my school days and various volunteeer jobs, and we get together as well. I am a VERY people person, and such contacts are important to me!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Today the phone man is coming to figure out why the phone they just put in 2 weeks ago isn't working. I cracked up when I reported the proble because they had all these instructions on how to go find the line and use a screwdriver to open up the box and fix it yourself. HAHAHAHAHA, the other suggestion was to unplug everything in your house and see if you get a dial tone then plug one thing in, check dial tone, plug second thing in, check dial tone. HAHAHAHAHAHA .... NOT GOING TO HAPPEN AND NOT MY JOB!

Anyway, they are coming today. So my chores are to hang pictures and take out the recycling, just more stuff to get the house in order.

I did manage to balance my checkbook and schedule a dental appointment. Need to remember to get the form to schedule my bus ride for it, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, I really haven't been trying to make "friends" here, I am friendly, I have conversations and am interested but don't really need more friends.

I am happy with my sister and my "Covid POD" friends.

So far most people are quite nice. They have happy hours every Thursday, I keep forgetting about them because they are at 2pm.

I am sure you will find all kinds of activities where you will meet as many new people as you want once you move.

But that is why I moved where I am, I could have moved somewhere cheaper but it would have been more of a drive for my existing friends to get there. This apartment is centrally located and even easier for my friends to get to because I am so close to the freeway now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hung the Miller Life tray and it looks great. Now debating whether to put both the red and blue decorative pot holders around it or just use the blue ones.

And then put the red ones over the stove where my red burner covers look fabulous or do a contrast with the blue ones.

Oh the decisions, hahahahahaha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2022 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Going to lunch today, and then back to putting the house together. I think my surge protectors are coming today so I might get my printer back online.

Naturally when I went to shower, Sylvester just had to go inside the cabinet and knocked over their bowl of water. Sooooooo .... the bathroom floors have been swept and mopped, LOL.

Off to grab my coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2022 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a great lunch at Yan's and have a nice package of leftovers.

Haven't decided how to hang the pot holders, so I am just going to hang them up and then get an opinion from my sister tomorrow, LOL.

Did my Safeway order ... what is the deal with yogurt these days. It seems to be in "shortage" which makes absolutely no sense to me.

And I have managed to get all the things that were in my magical milkcarton tower in other places so it is empty. I will use the milk cartons out on the balcony when we rearrange it tomorrow.

Off to catch up on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2022 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Getting started ... I hung all the pot hangers in the kitchen, it looks great! Just have the jello molds to hang but not sure if they fit anymore, they might have to go to Goodwill.

Made my new list and I opened up all my packages. Did I mention I got a Tommy Copper back brace. Trying it out today and so far I love it. Good support and I am hoping it helps take pressure off my knees.

Took out the newspapers to recycling and it looks like all the trash and recycling has been emptied so now I can deal with all the other boxes / recycling in the house.

Got some new pants and a shirt / I have a bunch of wear around the house pants that are older than dirt and have to use safety pins on the waist to keep them up, so I wanted to replace. But I didn't want to add to the packing so now I can get rid of a couple!

Grabbed my coffee and off to clear email/twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, broke down the rest of the boxes and took out the trash and recycling. So I think that part is done for a while. I still have one shoebox that I need to decide if it should recycle.

Still need to refill water bottles and restock the kitty food cabinet and then the kitchen will be done.

Time for a break.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 01, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took out the rest of the recycling so my hallway is all clear of "outgoing". I also moved the "extra" TP so the milkcarton tower cabinet is now empty. I think I might be able to use a couple of them elsewhere to hold things if needed.

Eamil all cleared, need to check twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Have my 5 things I want to accomplish figured out, it is chilly willy here so some physical work will be good to keep me warm, LOL.

Just watered the plants and opened up the balcony so Sylvester has stealthily crept out to see what is going on.

Nala just came into the room and noticed the door is open, she is watching it like it might try to attack, hahahahaha.

Off to clear email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ut oh, the wind blew the door shut and scared them both, they came running for the door and peered in through the glass. I opened the door and they both came running back in. I will prop it open for them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Picture in the bathroom has been hung, I think it might be slightly off center but the room is small so you can't really tell.... and I used a level to help place the nails, LOL.

This lead me to moving the milkcartons over to a spot that will be hidden behind the closet curtains. I put the laundry soap there and I think I will use it to store the towels too.

Then I took the bag I had hanging on the bedroom door off and MIRACLE ... I found the princess phone! So we are down to only 1 missing item -- the balcony windchimes.

I am also going to put some hooks on the wall (the closet curtain will cover them) to hang my hoodie and jackets on. That will open up a few hangers that I can use, plus make them more easily accessible.

Getting close to being done with all this stuff. I think I might bust open the bathroom cabinet and see about putting it together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 02, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I put the cabinet together ... got all the way to the doors and realized the top and bottom were backwards and that was why the back didn't fit right, that I had screwed on.

So I had to take the back off, then switch the top and bottom around, screwed the back back on and I will have to figure out how to disguise the screw holes on the front of the cabinet.

Taking a break, it did warm me up though so I guess I can take off my sweatshirt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 03, 2022 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... A day of rest before the giant fireworks

Went to breakfast with my sister and before that we went to the Habitat Store. I had some donations and then ended up buying 2 beautiful new chairs!!! They are both wing back chairs, one has a blue window pane pattern and the other has a high back and a pink pattern. ONe was $75, the other $95 and they are in really good shape and so comfie.

We didn't have the correct car so are picking them up next Saturday ... wish we could get them sooner.

So then we got the curtain hung for the closet doorway and she even got the cabinet hung in the bathroom. That was an ordeal because it is a small room so hard for me to help.

She just called me an she has a coffee table she thinks will be perfect for me and she doesn't want anymore, plus she has two outdoor chairs that will fit my balcony better so she is bringing them over. And she is then taking my outdoor coffee table to her house that she can use outside.

What a deal. Of course, I am worn out now, I worked on going thru all the stuff I had piled up for the bathroom. Found a bunch of stuff I threw away and sent her home with some stuff she can use.

All in all it has been a great day and Star Wars is running on TV so some background entertainment as well.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 03, 2022 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I may be more dependent on "in-house" friends because I and my friends are in our 80's. Everybody is still driving, but there is no telling how long that will continue to be done safely! I was very pleasantly surprised during my respite stay how very welcoming that community was!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 04, 2022 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday !!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, USA !!!

Still a little tired from all the running around yesterday but working on little projects like getting all the stuff into the medicine cabinet and under the sink. We picked up an additional shelf yesterday at the Restore.

I have the balcony door open and, of course, Sylvester went out and managed to knock over a plant and make a package fall down in the storage room, LOL.

Some fools decided to set off fireworks at 12:30 last night and for the first time the kitties got scared. I hope it is not too bad tonight.

At least it is warmer today and I am not freezing!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 04, 2022 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, TNT they are very friendly although I suspect some underlining resentments of a few people. I hear my next door tablemates make comments about how a few people seem to be pampered, LOL. I don't see it myself and the one person they seem focused on is recovering from a stroke.

They tried to suck me into the Resident Council, and I will probably sit in on the next meeting but so far I have avoided getting involved with any messiness.