TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 26, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 26, 2022 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, Kooklie. We call it both Freddie's and Fred's. Our town has two Fred's. We used to live 1 mile from one Fred's, we moved in 2016, and now we live 1 mile from the other Fred's. We got to be good friends with a self check-out cashier, and she taught me all kinds of tricks about shopping at Fred's, like how to pile up 1000 Fuel Rewards in a month without spending $1000, so I can get $1 per gallon off gas. I actually went to Fred's twice today, forgot something.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 29, 2022 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Some of you may know that after driving the same car for 25 years last August I bought a "new" Carmax car. New (very different) to me car. Anyway . . . this morning I slept later than usual which was good, but I was very deep into a dream. My car was stolen!! It was horrible. Sometimes you're half in / half out of a dream. I was in it. When I finally did wake up I was so happy it was not real. Car IS in garage where it should be. Over many years I have dreamed a number of times that my car was stolen -- both two previous cars. I hope it never really happens.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well my niece bought a new car months ago. Last night I had a coughing fit, so was drinking something down stairs in the back, in the room by the drive way, watching TV at 3 am. Suddenly her car tail lights flashed and lit up the room. I got up a used my flashlight to look out side and there was no one out there or they were hiding. Don't think it was the skunk that passes through all the time or the bunnies that have been there lately.

My town has issued a warning that people are stealing catalytic converters lately. New hot item. Makes me want to fix the instant on lights. (Have to climb 15 feet up a ladder to change bulbs).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2022 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
They are stealing catalytic converters like crazy in our town too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Hear about it in Chicago area too.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 02, 2022 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I like my OLD Rio better every day

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 03, 2022 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
No one bothers my 17 yr old saturn. But i keep getting offers to extend my warrenty

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 05, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lots of stolen catalytic converters stolen here... Glad I park in my garage, but some have by even stolen while the owner is in church or parked while they are inside.

And so many cars not in garages...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 11, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode of the tv show, Lost, for the first time in many years. I used to watch this show like I was going to be tested on it years ago, and loved it! After watching this episode and knowing what I know now, I think they had no idea where they were going with this show or what they were going to do. The first show, I think they were definitely going to be dinosaurs, and they changed their minds. Will keep watching, even so.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, June 13, 2022 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this post as it crosses across a number of ongoing events. Anyhow, my wife and I were discussing what if anything we were going to do with the guns we have in the house. We have two handguns and a shotgun all inherited from her parents when they passed several years ago. Her parents were once nationally ranked trap and skeet shooters and hunters and built up quite a collection over the years. Using a licensed gunsmiths we had the weapons moved to Texas and actually left them with a local gun shop when they did arrive. We used them to either directly buy or auction off the majority of the weapons including an 1880’s Colt revolver that sold for several thousand dollars. Bottom line was all the sales were totally legal, recorded, and licensed.

In the end we kept three weapons, more out of memory of her parents than need. Turned out we also we had this assorted odds and ends of boxed ammunition that we also properly sold with the weapons. Funny thing was that we did wind up with about two dozen rounds of loss unboxed 38 cal handgun rounds that since not boxed could not be sold.

These languished in our safe until yesterday when I got the bright idea to see if the back door neighbor who is a police detective might want them or know how to properly dispose of them. Turns out he has a 38 cal handgun and gladly took them. The interesting think I learned was contrary to popular belief, brought on by TV according to my neighbor, off duty police don’t necessarily carry sidearms when off duty. Locally at least it is not required but is permitted. Until Uvalde he said he often left the house without a weapon when not on duty but that has all changed. He now carries 100% of the time on or off duty. An interesting change of attitude even amongst law enforcement.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would like an armed, off duty policeman around when there is trouble.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When my parents died, we found my dad's service revolver from WWII in a dresser. My brother wanted that and luckily managed to discover that there was a round in the chamber, which we removed. So I had one bullet to consider. Later I found a box of same ammunition on a high shelf in the garage.

I took the box to the Newport Beach Police to turn in and was questioned about, basically, where was the weapon? I just said we didn't find one, not wanting to explain about my brother and knowing that my brother wasn't planning to buy ammo and just wanted the gun for sentimental reeasons and lives 500 miles away.

But a police station is a place to hand over ammunition. You just happened to have the right ammo for your police neighbor, so that was good.

And you obviously handled all of the collection wisely.

I can imagine why your neighbor wants to be armed these days. I don't worry about him, but some of the people who constantly suggest using weapons in many threads on nextdoor for any situation, random stranger at the door, someone entering your home, any coyote, threatening people for various actions.. that is a concern oh and suggesting to all and sundry to obtain weapons.

Some states where they are deeming 24 hours of training as adequate for someone to be carrying a gun (in a school or elsewhere).. that is pretty terrifying.

Dogdoc, yes, in some ways, because they are trained, though even then all too often there are random bystanders who may be impacted.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Interesting story behind the shotgun we kept. My wife’s father gave it to her when she graduated from college and moved out on her own. She kept it under the bed loaded but without a shell chambered. One night when she was 24 years old a guy broke into her apartment when she was home. She and her male collie quickly retreated to the bedroom where she locked and barricaded herself. Of course the dog was going nuts and wanted a piece of the guy but what turned the tide was pulling the shotgun from under the bed. It is a pump action and those make a very distinct and fairly well known sound. At least the intruder recognized it and quickly left her apartment. She was dating a police officer at the time and when the 911 call when out her boyfriend and a large number of Tulsa police descended on her place. Didn’t catch the guy that night but he left behind finger prints and was caught two weeks later. Turned out he had a record and was a suspect in a number of crimes including attempted rape. Police figured between the bark of an obvious large dog and chambering a shell in the shotgun the guy decided to escape. She will probably be buried with that shotgun and I wouldn’t even suggest she get rid of it.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 3:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I bet the collie would have made short work of the intruder.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I was lucky enough to met Precious in his twilight years. He lived to be 15 years old which is a long life for a collie. My wife said from the night of the break in Precious always slept between her and the front door of any apartment or house they lived in. He really was a sweet dog but very protective of my wife. Luckily he sensed I was okay and we got along just fine. Some 24 years since his passing there is still a picture of Precious in our house that sits near our front door…..always on guard.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Collies are my favorite breed.

I had two in a row.

One interesting thing about collies is that they don't like to sleep on the bed with you.

Since they are guard dogs, they sleep on the floor , near the bed, ready to react.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2022 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

... interesting thing I learned was contrary to popular belief, brought on by TV, off duty police don’t necessarily carry sidearms when off duty. Locally at least it is not required but is permitted. Until Uvalde he said he often left the house without a weapon when not on duty but that has all changed. He now carries 100% of the time on or off duty. An interesting change of attitude even amongst law enforcement.

Same with my agency (I retired young in my early 50's), and I mostly did not take the gun home overnight, except when I was on duty call to respond to emergencies. I am eternally grateful that I retired young, in my early 50's, before it all turned to crazy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So back in the day (1999 - 2008) they were doing the new quarters and I was entertained trying to collect them all.

Do they have any worth now other than a quarter? I think I am going to use them for my laundry, LOL.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Depending on which ones you’ve collected and their condition this site will give you an idea of potential value. https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/quarters/50-states-and-territories/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
thank you Mack!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, June 20, 2022 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Check to see if you have a quarter like this!

bat quarter

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 25, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
https://costplusdrugs.com/

This is a link to Mark Cuban's drug site, where he tries to sell prescription drugs at as near cost as possible. They don't advertise to keep costs down, so go by word of mouth. Just an fyi for anyone in need.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG Kitt! One of my meds is $60 for 90 days, and Mark has it for $4.60! Thanks for the link!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I just shared that on my FB page. Thx!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 26, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
WOW! how does he sell them so cheap? This needs it's own thread! TY Kitt! These are cheaper than some of my meds and I have TWO insurances!