TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through May 26, 2022 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yep, my electric bill will skyrocket once we get to the really hot months (July, August, Sept, and October) so I will put off using the a/c as long as possible. We've been lucky the last two days have cooled down a bit so it hasn't been too bad.

I have no doubt you will be ready by moving day...you have been an organized moving machine!

This morning was so nice, we went for a bike ride to the farmers market and grocery store. We get so many compliments and positive comments about our trikes that I'm half serious about starting up a bicycle/trike group that I've been joking about.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((hugs)))) to Dipo. I know exactly what you are thinking that there is too much left. I have been there a bunch of times. It will somehow happen. It just always does. Perhaps angel dust?

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Good Luck Dipo, I hope today's move went smooth & like clockwork!! I've been amazed at how much you have accomplished the past few months.

Keeps reminding me of how I moved up from Phoenix to Seattle in 1971 @ age 19. Rode Greyhound bus with 9 boxes (Yes NINE boxes!) of all my belongings. All fit under my single bed at the YWCA. Now, I look around my 3BR,2B house and it is so amazing how much stuff. I'm not moving til I make the final Big Exit, my heirs will have to do the contending (leaving funds to hire contractors).

So I hope you & your kitties can settle in, then relax
and get back to retirement.
Bisc from Settle

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Opps! that's Bisc from Seattle

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! Moving Day

Ok, I am in, I have internet, cable guy took a couple of hours and had to get the supervisor involved, so now er have TV.

The kitties have just now started to venture out from the bathroom... they have not been happy kitties at all, LOL. Gave them a can of thier favorite food.

I think they weren't ready to come out until they were sure there were going to be no more people coming in. But neither has even gone to look in the other room yet, LOL.

I am pooped and I didn't really do much but supervise, my sister did an incredible amount of work and even helped the movers. I need to think of a really good present for her!

The living room / office / dining room is buried in bins and furniture that is not in the correct places but we will get started on that tomorrow.

Off to clear my email, LOL, haven't been on all day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you all for your good wishes!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 22, 2022 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Dipo!!! I knew you could do it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

LOL, I spoke too soon. Sylvester jumped on top of the flat screen TV at 5amish and knocked it to the ground. I know have a good TV with cable that I can only see the lower half of the show and a bad TV with no cable yet.

I packed several different boxes with cans of cat food and, damn if I can find one box right now. Thank goodness I had a can of the favorite in my purse.

Sylvester also knocked the basket of chips off the top of the fridge in the middle of the night, I heard the "splat" but was too tired and figured I would figure it out this morning. Then when we got up he went up on the fridge and up on top of the cabinets.

So funny I hadn't realized that the cabinets didn't go all the way up. And finally we don't have the key to the storage room door, they are trying to find it so it is slowing down the putting away process.

OH and I have the coolest blinds on the windows. They don't have cords to raise and lower them you just push up the bottom!! I haven't quite figured out the lowering part but the window sills are wide and the kitties have already laid on them and perused the outdoors.

So many naps and rests will occur today and then dinner at 4 to 5, I am not quite sure what time but know it is around that time. italian wedding soup, spinach or iceberg salad; Pork Stew or Herb Roasted Chicken with wild rice and green beans. Desert is Cheesecake.

Can't wait, LOL. I might need to start posting in What's for Dinner, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and the one thing I was worried about occurred! I dropped my ballot in the mail and then checked my new mailbox (they sort of treat people a little like children in that the walked me over to show me which one was mine, LOL) and I had another ballot for this address!!!

So I guess I will call and see what I should do and if destroying the ballot is sufficient.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Way to go on the move Dipo! You should take a couple days to rest now, lol!

Too funny, I spent part of this morning filling out my ballot so I can stick it in the mailbox tomorrow.

Other plans for today are a quickie trip to Walmart in Tehachapi. I have like six things on my list, most of which I could get here in town, but I ran out of white yarn this weekend and I can't get that anywhere here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Wargod, it is going to take a couple of days to just find things. I was going great on tracking stuff AND THEN, I had helpers who I wonder if they have ever moved before since they were sort of random on the stuff that they put together and, of course, didn't write it down in my move log. Hahahaaha.

A gal from the Welcoming committee just took me to dinner, we went to the 4:00 sitting because I was hungry and don't have my microwave yet so couldn't nuke anything.

It was great I had the chicken!

Now once it cools down a bit I am going to go out on the balcony and see if I can arrange it a little better and give all the plants a food soaking.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 23, 2022 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did some organizing on the balcony so I could get to the plants, I need to get them onto their plant dollys and get some tray under them but I think my sister threw away the old trays because they were dirty, LOL.
\
My thought has always been plants trays get dirty, they are outside and the plant pours water into them.

Anyway at least they have some water for the heatwave.

Also got the luggage into the storage unit along with one container of Christmas Decorations.

And finally I found my wreath hanger in on of the plants so I took it and the wreath and put it on the door.

So I am officially home! OH and I ordered a new TV delivered tomorrow, along with some new surge protectors and extension cords.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Well it's official, a big junk of money has hit my BofA checking account, LOL and I opened my front door to find a newspaper!!!

That was actually quite fast since I just told them yesterday morning about the new address.

Got the shower curtain up and am heading down to get some breakfast, or at least see what that means here. Not really hungry yet but the kitties have been up for a few hours, LOL.

I did open up the windows so they can smell the outside.

Need to move that money to may good savings account and then figure out where I can get some good return with CD's I think.

Ok, off to get presentable so I can go downstairs.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So we have a pretty good selection for breakfast, however, I messed up because I touched stuff. Apparently you are supposed to sit down and Elizabeth will bring you everything, she is the only one who can touch stuff .... Covid!!

I apologized and told her I was happy to comply and totally understood. So there are individual cereals, muffins, bagels, toast w/jam etc.; fruits, juices and the all important coffee. Plus they had milk in plastic cups, I inquired is it 1%, 2%, etc. She said she only knew it was lactose free, hahahahahaha.

I have never had that before so I drank one and it was kind of sweet, not sure I am a fan but it will work well with cereal.

AND I transferred the bulk of the money out to better ineterest rates. Then I have spent some time clearing off the counters in the kitchen so I can work on putting stuff away.

The cleaning supervisor came by to let me know about the schedule, they won't come for 2 weeks so I can get everything in place, but I mentioned I can't find my pledge so she brought me a can of their polish!!

I need it so I can clean the shelves before I put them back into the bookcases. Then I will have places I can stick the small boxes to get them out of the way.

For now I just want to go and grab a beverage and plays some computer games for a bit.

Then I will start working on other stuff. Oh and I have to and google ... does vinegar go bad. Some of my stuff doesn't have "best by dates", I am thinking if it doesn't have one it is probably old and can go in the trash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Apparently vinegar doesn't go bad and is good indefinitely however it can change in taste.

Found some dishes and got them put away, with all the kitchen stuff I got rid of I am still not sure I will be able to find places for all my stuff. I am starting to rethink a few things, LOL. Like all the mixing bowls I have.

Sylvester had finally came out for the day, and then the best buy guy delivered the new TV and he was gone.

I have been tired all day, so I think I will just go play some games on my tablet, sitting in my bed and maybe he will come join me.

Plus when I went down for dinner I found out it was a lot hotter out than I had expected! Need to water the plants in the morning since it almost hit 100 here today.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dipo, you might be a super-taster if you can taste that the lactose free milk tastes sweet or that the taste of vinegar changes over time. Well, but then a real super-taster would not be having vinegar anyway - WAY too painful on the taste buds. Some brands of lactose-free milk were too sweet for me during the time I was lactose intolerant. I am back to regular milk these days, and mainly for morning lattes. Do they have an espresso machine?

Breakfast sounds nice. Have you got a clique picked out yet? lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Getting an early start, but a more normal one for me. I finally feel mostly back to normal without my whole body hurting.

Just did a run over to pickup some breakfast, muffin, banana and yogurt. Forgot to take my coffee traveler, but I can make some here.

Have a Safeway delivery scheduled for today, I needed to replenish some of my lunch things that I had stopped buying while in the packing mode.

Sylvester slept with me last night for the first time so I may be on the path to forgiveness.

Off to read the paper and have my breakfast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, LMAO, it is already kind of funny.

My first dinner I was invited to dinner by one of the ladies of the welcoming committee. It was lovely and she asked a lot of questions and gave me the "PR" speech for the project. I think she was more my age than a lot of people here.

Which reminds me ... Is it tacky to ask people how old they are, LOL. I mean some of these people appear to be very up in age, ie late 80 / 90's. But then again I think I am only seeing the "walker" set because I do see others taking their dogs out for walks and seeming to be more ambulatory.

Last night I just went down alone and ended up sitting with a couple of ladies (they seemed to be on the more unhealthy end of things) who were quite nice but didn't have good things to say about everything. They were both quite a bit older than my first dinner companion.

And according to them there are a couple of "mean" girls here but they didn't spill names. I was cracking up inside.

Also found out that they will call you if you don't make dinner plans ... either coming down, picking up or having delivered.

I have to say while it feels a bit intrusive, one of the things I have been concerned with in the past few months is not having a "daily check-in" / person who checks to make sure I am alive.

Not that I am worried but it is something that has come up in my mind a few times.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Managed to call Comcast today and cancel my coverage at my old house. And it was just in the nick of time. I don't have to pay the current bill on June 7th but I do have to pay a cancellation fee that is less than that bill. If I had waited a day they likely would have made me pay the other bill as well but I cancelled just in time.

Got a few more bins opened and started to sort. I figured out I would use my bedroom bookcase as if it was the hall closet I no longer have. At least that gives me a place to put things I don't have a cabinet for yet.

I will probably buy a cabinet for that space but first I need to get thru everything and figure out what is staying. I thought I got rid of a lot of stuff but really there is even more things that I just don't need any more.

Getting more scoop on the community. Had dinner with Sherman and he was telling me some dirt on Rossmore ( his former senior living home ) and he is working on getting the story here about why Denise left. She helped me as well to get this place.

Apparently ... her job was eliminated and she was suddenly let go, I had heard she went to the downtown office, so who knows. This is going to be fun because Sherman also said the property has some history. He didn't know if it was true but it was once a Priest House and then a Nunnery and then an apartment complex.

I find this to be curious so may spend some time doing a bit of research.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am on the edge of my seat here, Dipo, waiting to see how this all turns out and who you eventually end up trusting. I have been a tad worried that you might have gone there too soon, so keep us posted if you need any of us to come break you out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Just another day of trying to find the things I need to function better while I unpack. I can at least make coffee, have a plan for the kitchen, I think and have managed to find enough catfood that they prefer so I can keep them alive, LOL.

Really though, there is plenty of kibble but Sylvester expects his wet food in the morning and we haven't been as successful in that area.

Off to grab the paper and some yogurt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Juju, I can escape if necessary, I have the keys to the back door, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the balcony rearranged so that I can at least go out there and put stuff into the storage unit. I need to go thru a few of those boxes but that can be done another time. The new key I got doesn't work, LOL, so I need to report that.

Now I can move the balcony chairs out on the deck and that gives me some room to get the bins out of the way.

Now I need to email my sister about tomorrow, make some coffee and also get busy in the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chairs out on the balcony! bins moved so I can get down the hallway, and I got my coffee.

So I will clear email and twitter, then it's shower time and unpacking the kitchen. I have been thinking that I really won't be doing a bunch of cooking so am clearing out the spices (some are old, LOL, no surprise). Keeping the ones that I know I actually use.

I mostly cook in the fall/winter months so if I need anything I can get it then.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Balanced my checkbook and paid some bills.

Shower done! Then I tried to put my hair up in curlers which was a pretty funny event because I can't find a comb and had to use a hairbrush to part my hair to do the curlers.