TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through May 21, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the hutch emptied, the only left in it is the cat food and girl scout cookies, LOL.

Started up the next goodwill box and for some reason my ankle is giving me trouble! I have hardly done anything! So now I have an ace bandage around it.

Thinking of what else I can put in the hutch box to finish it off. Oh maybe the paper products up in the top of the cabinet. Thanks for the reminder, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

It's hot today! I knew it was warming up but didn't realized it was going to get this warm.

Picked up my keys for the new house and took a look, the flooring looks great, they are still working on some things and my sister pointed out a few things that I didn't really notice.

Haven't been feeling well, I believe I have identified raw broccoli as a No No now. I get a stomach (which I believe is bad gas) everytime I eat it now.

Hoping I feel better tomorrow so I can get the rest of the house packed up.

Went out to breakfast with my sister and she took the goodwill box and another kitty kibble that my cats aren't interested in, LOL. I got some kitty crack, Meow Mix, from Chewy to have on hand if I run out of their favs. One of there favs has been out of stock for over a year now and we have been trying to find replacements.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 14, 2022 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I forgot to mention, I got a 15% Senior VIP discount on my bill at Huckleberrys ... cracked me up, it's the first time I ever got one and I didn't even ask. Guess my gray hair and older appearance gave me away, LOL.

Plus it is hot outside so I checked the birdbath and it was almost empty so I refilled it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 15, 2022 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !!! A day for reflection and gratitude.

Got my ankle wrapped and I spent a few minutes finishing up a box in the kitchen. Then I pulled the files from the file cabinet and got it ready to go.

Got thru most of the Sunday paper and now I am clearing email, etc. before starting the packing adventure.

I think I can finish off the office without moving to much, LOL, and I did find one fan I can set up to get the air circulating.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Ended up going for some Thai food last night, it was quite good however, I just can't seem to find a dish that I am fond of, it is ok food for me.

This morning I have done the dishes, packed a box of miscellaneous stuff / office knicknacks etc., and now taking a break to clear email, pay bills and clear some twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 16, 2022 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, I got email and twitter cleared but I totally forgot about paying bills. Off to the bank, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Just more packing ... I have the suitcases open so I can pack them like I am taking a trip, that way I have the stuff I will need for the first few days handy. Everything else is getting packed away.

Off to get some yogurt and the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Packed up clothes and finished off the office bookcase. Then I cleaned out the desk drawers, still need to pack them up but the only thing in them right now I use every day.

Have some mail I need to deal with, and oh, I see some files I need to go thru to find house repairs.

Having some coffee and a break

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Your moving date is only a week or so away, right Dipo? I'm so impressed with how organized you are!

Not much going on here. This weekend was pretty nice, hot but the wind was calm for a change, so we went on a couple bike rides and enjoyed that. Yesterday was so windy, on the other hand, I had to sweep twice and I'm sure there is still dirt. Winds are calm for the moment, but supposed to get bad soon and say that way for a good part of the week. I'm really tired of it.

Heh to top it off, it is critter season round here! People keep posting pics of snakes they are finding in their yards, so before letting the dogs our, we peek out to make sure there are no snakes out and about. So far today, I've opened my patio door to find a huge squirrel sitting there and then later one of the lizards staring at me, lol. I've gotten used to the lizards hanging out on the side of the house, not sitting on the ground, and he gave me a little fright before I saw his legs, lol. I've also got a small chipmunk running around (clever little bugger too, he's figured out a way to get the food out of the catch and release trap from the back so he doesn't walk in and get caught!) though he has not been sitting on my bedroom porch yet!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2022 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Thanks Wargod, I don't feel like it though. Just finished changing my address with the Post office.

Dealt with the mail and I am almost done with the office packing. I still have the printer hooked up and stuff I used daily.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's MIssion

Just packing up stuff, but had an interesting event when getting out of the shower. The smoke detector went off - full on!!! Normally the steam from the shower just makes it beep. I guess that new battery gave pumped it up, LOL.

Working on email, and I need to pay the renters insurance so that will be put into effect.

My first box is all the weird little piles I have around that didn't fit with "their friends". That way I can started on the kitchen and bathroom.

I went into my closet this morning and one of the kitties had, helpfully, pawed out a bunch of peds and knee high hose. I realized that I will never wear them again so I put them in the goodwill box. Hmmm, maybe I should keep one pair in case I wear normal shoes when I go out. Nahhhhh, not going to happen, I always wear my good tennies so I get good support.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Paid the renters insurance, and got my "weird box" packed up but I need a few things to finish it off.

My realtor came by to check on stuff so I gave her a key to let the cleaner in on Monday. I need to remember to make sure my remaining key works, I think it is bent a little and I don't want it to be a problem.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did the HOA meeting that we had for tonight. And now I just remembered I should go and pay the bills as well. This is the last time I will have access to help with this task.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday;s Mission

Having some coffee while I clear email and pay HOA bills. Got a new list going, changed the address at Chewy, LOL. Need to make a bunch of hummingbird food. It occurs to me I should make some extra and leave it here but i am not sure I have anything to store it in.

Off to pay the HOA bills for the last time!!!

Oh when I was talking with my realtor yesterday we were discussing how I sold at the perfect time. All I am seeing now is price reductions and the market seems to be "dropping" a bit. She was telling me about a unit she has for sale in a perfect location and it's been listed for 7 days and not one bite! Even had an open house and only a few people came by.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bills are paid! And I wrote up detailed instructions on the process for them to pay the bills next month.

Even tho I want to resign from the board, I have said I will stay until we get thru the next election, so annoying.

Now it's time to get the dishes done, finish clearing email and get packing,

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, it is a good thing that closing a loan / selling a property can now be handled on the internet. I swear we would have killed a forest by now. Got another "secure" email giving me a copy of all the stuff I have already read and signed .... but the "portal" made me check a box that said I promised to read the documents, LOL. Anyway that was part of clearing my email.

So email has been cleared and now I am moving on to cleaning the kitchen and finishing the packing in the bedroom.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yesterday was housecleaning day. Took the opportunity of having one day of no wind to sweep, vacuum, dust, and mop. Of course, today we have high wind warnings through tomorrow, sigh.

Today's one big chore was going through my dresser and changing my winter jammies and hanging around the house clothes for my spring and summer jammies and hanging around the house clothes, lol. Also took care of the pile of stuff on top of the dresser (cuz I was trying to have winter and spring/summer jammies and hanging around the house clothes all at once!)

Not sure I'll be getting much else done today, it's already 94 and miserable here. I'm trying not to run the a/c, so I've been doing a lot of complaining about the heat, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wargod, I hear you about the wind! So far it is ok here but they keep saying it is going to get worse. Plus I am not ready for the heat!!! I was going to pack up my fans, but then the temps starting going up so I had to dig them back out.

Finished up twitter and now I am working on the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Went out to Mona's for some dinner and then my friend came over and helped me pack the kitchen. I bribed her with dinner and helping me with my Ballot choices, she does a ton of research on the candidates so I knew she would have good info, LOL.

So now I have only 2 areas to research for my ballot to be complete. And most of my kitchen is packed. I will work on some more of it tomorrow, right now I am pooped out.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, May 19, 2022 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Wargod, just run the AC. Use fans to help the air move and make you feel better, but RUN THE AC

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

Getting started, need to go down and post some HOA signs on the mailbox. But first I need to go and put on some clothes, brush my teeth and wash my face, LOL>

I already cleaned the toilet, so think that will hold until the cleaning lady comes on MOnday.

Off to get dressed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I went out to post the Management Sign on the mailbox. I scraped off the old blue from the previous management company, then peeled the sticker off the back of the new sign and carefully stuck it up being sure to get it aligned and straight. Then I stepped around the corner to get my mail....

It promptly fell to the ground!!!!!

there was no sticky on the back!!! I emailed the board member who got them for us and asked how it is supposed to be applied.

I do have some "alien tape" I can use to stick it up but I want to know what the thought was going to happen.

Got my mail, need to deal with that. Cleaned out the medicine cabinet... found some unopened Robitussin dated 11/16, hahahahahahaha. It was behind something else, didn't even know it was in there.

Taking a little break.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, OMG ... my friend is relentless. We moved the refrigerator and freezer stuff over to the new house. Also got the bathroom set up for the kitties.

I managed to get all the canned goods/food down on the countertop so I could check expiration dates! I am amazed at how much I had to throw away. I did expect some of it because I knew I had some stuff in the back of the cabinet that would have to go, but it really cleared out the cabinets.

Then I had her, she is very tall, get the stuff on the high shelves down so that I can deal with it tomorrow.

So I treated them ( another friend with a truck) to Mexican dinner and now I seem to hurt a bit all over, but those Margaritas were excellent.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 20, 2022 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wardog, listen to Christy358, RUN THE A/C!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 21, 2022 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Hahahaha, Wargod, I understand not running the AC. I try not to run it either, just get the cool air in over night and run a bunch of fans.

Just packing away, I thought I was closer but everytime I look around it seems like there is too much to get done.