TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through May 13, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 05, 2022 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Had a lovely lunch... and I have some leftovers. Weather is really weird, it sure feels like it is going to rain.

Realized that I do need some more bins, I am down to only 3, plus the the one holding a ton of packing materials for the kitchen.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

Still just packing. Maybe today I will see about changing the electricity.

I did talk to the new place to schedule the hookup of comcast, good thing too, since they said that the TV's have to be there to hook up. I just assumed I would bring my boxes with me and it would be on.

Off to start some coffee.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finished my coffee, packed up another box in the bedroom, cleared HOA email and my email.

Also did the dishes and then I used the oven mitts to pack some wine bottles. I found some cans of tomato juice that were dated 2015 so those have been disposed of, LOL.

Having some lunch and then back to my chores.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the power turn-on set for my new house. I am hoping I can move a few things over, like fridge stuff and a couple of paintings before the movers do their thing.

I have started a "kitty bag", LOL, it has plates, cat food, kibbles, spoons, and a water dish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I resorted the packing materials (it might now be a fun place for kitty play) because I wanted the bin so I can keep packing my closet.

Refreshed the birdbath because the Crows (yes I now have had 2 at one time) make the water kind of dirty.

Not sure I fi will get any more packing done tonight but I am making progress.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 06, 2022 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You go, Dipo.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Just packing, LOL, but first I need to go and make some hummingbird food, start the coffee and read the paper.

All the critters are out and about, I think they are courting, hearing a lot of bird sounds.

And I just saw 2 squirrels come up to the birdbath. Need to check the water because they didn't drink, as I said before the crows keeping dunking food in it and it gets dirty.

Maybe my birdbath is the local date spot, hahahahaha.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
A word of caution - cats, as a rule, do NOT like relocating. So, as thrilled and happy as you will be in your new digs, don't expect them to feel that way for a week or two.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I know TNT, you should have heard Sylvester yowl when we went less than 2 blocks to the vet, hahahaha.

My plan is to take over some scented comforters / beds / blankets and put them in the tub, set up a kitty box and food station in the bathroom. Then on Sunday morning take them over and lock them into the bathroom. Then we can meet the movers, etc. to do all the stuff that they do without the kitties being involved further.

Then as soon as the bed is set up and everyone is gone I will let them out to explore as they want.

Then when the cable people come that afternoon they can go under the bed, their favorite place, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got another box going with stuff from my fireplace bookcases and the office, and I finally remembered to refill the hummingbird feeder. I made the food this morning and was waiting for it to cool and totally forgot about it.

Going out to dinner for a "margarita" but we are avoiding the Mexican restaurants because there are too many people. Want someplace where we can sit outside and avoid the possible "Covid" people.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 07, 2022 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We moved multiple cats multiple times over long distances in our youth for my career. I think we always did that bathroom thing, just put them in the spare bathroom with a litter box, food, and water while we moved in, would go in and visit and play with them in there as many times as we could each day until they could be safe in the whole house.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday !! Happy Mothers Day

Off to breakfast with my sister, we are going early to try and avoid the Mothers Day group. Mostly I need to drop off another Goodwill box and get her help with the storage unit and a couple of other things.

I have a list of "honey do" chores for her, LOL.

Then it will be back to packing. Off to start a Safeway order.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 08, 2022 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow! We got a lot done but wow I never knew Mothers' Day was such a big holiday. Maybe it's because this is the first one since the "Pandemic" is over (yeah, right). But we went to Black Bear Diner at 8.30 am and it was an hour wait!!!

We had thought that most people would be sleeping in for MOthers Day but it was pretty packed. Anyway we went to McDonalds for Egg McMuffin's! I love them and never get to have them. Tried to take stuff to Goodwill ... they were closed!

Anyway, got everything out of the storage unit, I was amazed how much stuff was down there, but then again I don't think I have been down there in 5 years. So that is done and now I have several bins/boxes in my house to go thru and determine if they are making the move.

We also got stuff cleared from the balcony, umbrella trashed and umbrella stand had gone to my sisters house.

Oh and all the sheets for Goodwill have been washed and now I am folding them up and starting another Goodwill box.

I am pooped and I didn't really do all the work!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

Getting started. Already finished the paper, got my coffee and I have refilled the birdbath and watered a few plants. Refilled my pill container and started a box in the bedroom that finished off the one bookcase and the amoire.

Now clearing email, twitter, ect and then I will finish packing up what I can in the office and the fireplace bookshelves.

Enjoying my extra Egg McMuffin and hash browns I got yesterday, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 09, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My chewy delivery came and my QVC order. I got some containers for the kitty kibble, so I went and filled them and labeled them with the type.

Then I packed some more Kitchen box, cleaned out that drawer under the stove and put the grill pan thingie and rack for the convection oven in it. When I leave I will put the rack into the microwave so they can figure that out.

Starting a box of miscellaneous stuff that might end up in the balcony storage unit.

OH and I need to check on the HOA email.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Refilled the birdbath and read the paper, then I finished packing a bedroom box.

Now clearing email, etc., and I did the dishes while my coffee brewed.

Trying to figure out if I should move both my balcony chairs over to the new place. I think I only really have room for one and the table. Plus I need to spray the plant holder with my rustoleum.

Still need to find a box for the Goodwill.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 10, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Found a couple of boxes that will work for Goodwill, Sylvester is currently inspecting them, once he is done I will get the sheets put and see what else needs to go.

Then I matched all the lids back to the new bins, this always a challenge since none of the lid colors match the lid bodies, LOL.

Might be time for some lunch! Plus I need to move around because I am cold!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

Just realized I hadn't been in here. Seems like I have been doing a bunch of stuff but can't think of much, LOL.

Getting some labwork done and then heading to the eyedoc to see if they can make my glasses right. I have been putting up with them and now that appointments aren't 2 months out decided to get it dealt with.

Still packing. Got the Goodwill box filled up and now need another one, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2022 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kaiser stuff done for now. The doc thinks that the problem is my glasses weren't adjusted correctly for my face. And I have to say they are a lot better now, so hopefully they will be good for a while. She said she tweaked my prescription a bit but that isn't really the problem I am having, which is true.

Guess I need to get some more packing done but first I need to clear email and twitter.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You are really into the countdown now!! Hang in there - you have given me courage to contemplate my future move possibilities/ Are you moving to a "step-down" community of just independent living? I am looking at ones that offer assisted living and memory care, so that move will be my last!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Got the dishes done when I waited for my coffee. The birdbath was dry so that has been refilled and I refilled a couple of water bottles but I am thinking it might be time to recycle them and get new ones for the new house.

I have a packing plan, finish up the master closet as much as possible, I have started a shelf in the bookcase to hold "last to go" things. Have a set of sheets, jammies, etc., the things I will want so I don't have to worry about unpacking boxes right away.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TNT, I am moving to independent living but they have assisted and memory care locations that I can transfer to if I need that. I don't anticipate that happening but it is available.

I can only encourage you to begin purging stuff. I have found so many things that I have given my sister, friends and goodwill. Plus I recycled/shredded a ton of papers from my files. Which reminds me I need to pack the files in that cabinet now that they have been purged.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I got a second Goodwill box set up, cleaned up the kitchen, restocked the kitty food cabinet and refilled some water bottles.

I also set up an appointment to sign the final papers to close the loan for tomorrow at 11am. I did ask that the person coming to my house be vaccinated.

Was looking around I see some kitty throw-up so I need to clean that up. My house is a mess but I think they will understand the packing stuff, just need it to look nice so I am not embarrassed, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 12, 2022 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
oK, House is presentable. Kitty throwup has been removed from the floors, island has been cleaned up and dead flowers in the trash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 13, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I made some hummingbird food last night so cleaned and refilled the feeder. Also dumped out the yucky water in the birdbath and gave them fresh water.

Just finished signing the "Sellers Documents"; so my part is done for the closing on Monday the 23rd.

Now I just need to start packing more stuff and finding more stuff for my Goodwill box.