TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 11, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archive through April 11, 2022 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I found the answer to my question.

"Impact Of Resignation:
The Hollywood Reporter wrote that “Smith's resignation means he can no longer vote for the Oscars—but he can still be nominated for future Academy Awards, attend future ceremonies and keep the statue he won. But the Academy's formal review will continue.”

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think 10 years is excessive. How did they come up with that number? Maybe the Academy doesn't want to deal with all the hoopla when he does return. If the Oscars are still around.

quote:

Zeke Miller
@ZekeJMiller
1h

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Will Smith banned from Oscars, other film academy events for 10 years for slapping Chris Rock onstage at Academy Awards.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, since he already resigned the ban does exactly the same thing. Just from the other side.

I'll bet you that they lift the suspension in a few years. We'll see.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My guess is he will not be offered any Oscar worthy scripts for 10yrs.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well he has his own production company right? So maybe he will completely fund his own screenplays etc?

I just have this feeling that once the atmosphere cools down about this that they're going to lift the ban. And he will request to join the academy again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Awwww I didnt know he had his own production co. I honestly dont think it matters that much that he cant be part of the Oscars for 2 yrs.

I lost a ton of respect for him and I am sure many of his fans did as well. I am now an even bigger fan of Rock.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
He is only banned from the ceremony and events. He can't vote...but he can still be nominated and win the Oscar. He just won't be able to accept it at ceremony. And he will still be able to attend the after parties etc.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Supposedly there are other meetings that he will not be able to attend.

Pamy that could be, although they could just not nominate him, I guess, IF they think he would bring box office..

Hard to say what other award shows will do.

Ten years of being beat up in the prime of a career.. I think of Martha Stewart who just did her prison time and is back to doing all sorts of things.

Kind of think some of this backlash is for all the years of ignoring what other people they kept celebrating, nominating and awarding..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont think this is going to hurt him like I thought it would or should.

They should let Chris Rock host next year :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
9m
Almost two decades after the superstars called it quits, Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck are engaged!! 💍

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Huh! About the two decades thing.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 08, 2022 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They dated in 2002-2004. So it's a romance that has spanned twenty years with a LONG break.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Lost complete respect for Chris Rock. Has he even apologized yet to Jada? Even if he didn’t know about the reason for her hair, he should have apologized afterwards. (The statement circulating social media the day after was officially stated not to be from Chris)
C
I have no ill-will against Will Smith. Hitting is never ok but I totally understand the emotions when someone you love is verbally attacked or insulted, especially when knowing the struggle they are going through.

This aftermath never would happen if Will was a white person. Still will never get over the lack of repercussions for Adrien Brody kissing Halle Berry… the act was battery at a minimum, sexual assault depending on California laws.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea yes, he would not be able to attend anything directly connected with the Academy. But that is an interesting question...about how other awards shows would deal with this. Hadn't even thought of that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
JMO, but the joke was about her having a haircut that would accommodate the re-booting of a movie, GI Jane, didn't have anything to do with her disease.

I don't feel Chris Rock owes Jada anything.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
the disease is directly related to the hair. If a person feels insulted by language specifically about them, they have every right to deserve an apology, and educate the other person why its not ok to make those kinds of "jokes". Whether its related to race, disability, disease, weight, gender, etc. I don't care how many OTHER people found it funny, if the recipient did not, then its a no-go, plain as that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think if you hurt someone, even unintentionally, you should have the morals to apologize. Just like if you accidentally bump into someone, or step on their foot. Chris Rock, especially having done a documentary on the hair of black women, and including alopecia, should have known better.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Am I wrong in believing (what I read the following day on Twitter) that Chris Rock apologized the next day? I don't feel strongly about any of this, because I don't know the history of these three celebrities together.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 09, 2022 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This was the second or third time Chris had targetted Jada with his jokes. IF he didn't know about the alopecia, I would think he would know how important hair is to black women (and all women, but especially) and later, after realizing that he was joking about her lack of hair for a condition she certainly does not enjoy having, I would hope he apologized.

All the stand up comedians came out to say that they are EXPECTED to be edgy but to me that is an excuse and I've never understood why "comedy" has to be so mean. But I know that isn't the norm.

What Legal pointed out has been said on Instagram, that some feel that look at the white guys and what they've gotten away with and are still celebrated, protected and honored, and not banned from Academy events. Ten years just seems like overkill to me.

Juju, the next day apology was not from Chris. It is pretty disappointing that he probably WILL get the Oscar gig next year.

I DO agree with those who say that he managed the situation really well after the attack and kudos to him for that, but the lack of public apology to Jada (which would be heard by others suffering from Alopecia) would have been appropriate.

Sincebbi, I was thinking of European awards shows.. I mean Roman Polanski has long been accepted there.

But he'd have to be in a film for awards shows to be an issue.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
54m
After almost 30 years of marriage, Tish Cyrus has again filed for divorce from Billy Ray Cyrus.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
And... Britney Spears is pregnant....

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I want to be happy for her.. but for some reason I just dont like this news. Just a bad feeling, I dont know why.. I sincerely hope all goes well... I do. She deserves to be so happy.

Baby one more time? Britney Spears announced that she is pregnant with her third child, her first with fiancé Sam Asghari.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well she had said many times during her fight for "freedom" that she wasn't allowed to get pregnant and she wanted to, so I don't think it is an unplanned pregnancy.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Dipo I agree. Was totally expecting this news at some point.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 11, 2022 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wonder why they wouldnt let her get pregnant. Was it because she was their cash cow or because they dont think she can handle another kid. Do her kids live with her Ex now?