TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization: ARCHIVES: ARCHIVES 2022: Archive through April 19, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ACCCCKKKK !!! Nala just wiped out my post!

Anyway what I was saying was I wondered how you guys were doing, having crazy weather swings like we are.

I am working on packing up stuff but I can't put it out on the balcony until after the rain Thurs/Fri. It will be interesting to see how they move everything around to take pictures and I am just trying to figure out what stuff I need to make sure is not in the house.

I am very paranoid about someone being able to hack my computer or find my passwords or something like that. I keep thinking of things like, oh my tax returns have my social, my files have account numbers, stuff like that. It is giving me anxiety, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

So I started a list " Open House Things to Take", LOL. I still haven't figured out where I am going but with a list I can dump that stuff out of my brain and onto a paper so I can stop thinking about it.

I started a box for the new owners to gather things that are staying. And I will work on more boxes today. But first I have to read and sign this 15 PAGE CONTRACT. OMG, when did they get so big! When I approved loans they were 2 legal pages with maybe and addendum or two.

Off to grab my coffee and get started.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Here's hoping your place sells quickly and at the price you want!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tntitanfan, have you decided where you are going to move yet?

I just signed my contract with the Realtor so we are moving forward with the sale. My friend keeps offering to help pack and since she is off on Friday (for good friday) so we are going out to breakfast and then going to do stuff around the house.

Off to grab a bin and finish up the office packing. I ended up cleaning out the filing cabinet, grabbed my important papers file to put into my overnight bag. Figured that would be a good place to put stuff I want to take with me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I can't believe some of the stuff I found in my file cabinet, Hahahahaha.

I found paperwork from when I opened my TDAmeritrade account in 2011! And all the vet bills from back in 2005. So I edited all the papers of personal information and recycled the stuff. Oh and the best part was all the warranty and manuals for things I no longer own.

The 2 important paper files are now in the overnight bag that I had to clean because it had been in the top of the closet and was so dusty I couldn't believe it. It is now clean as well but I guess I should get up on the stepladder with the dust buster and a dust cloth and wipe down those shelves.

Just finishing up with the last few files, one of which is Resume stuff! Can't wait to see what is in there.

Hahahaha, just found a Office Standard Edition 2003 cd in hard plastic container.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And a bunch of "recovery disks" from 2013 in lovely plastic CD sleeves. Are CD's supposed to be recycled in some way? Not sure what to do with these.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 13, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, the top drawer of the filing cabinet is done. I decided to keep my employment / address spreadsheet in my important papers, now I can recycle most of my resume file.

Also the 1st box is taped up and labeled, LOL. And then I did the dishes.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Present plans have me a year to 18 months away from moving. This place is Soooooo convenients AND I have good friends here -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Going to be a rainy/gray day so will be great for packing and stuff. Trying to fill up a couple of bins/boxes per day plus clean up all the odd places (like the top of the master closet).

For now I am brewing some coffee and working my way thru email.

Oh and I bought some twitter stock a couple of days ago, since I seem to use twitter a lot I thought I should support it, LOL. And now Elon Musk might ruin it, but maybe I will make a profit if the sale goes thru. I hope it doesn't because Elon will let it be a free-for-all with no consideration for lies, defamation and hate speech.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
House is a mess, LOL I have open boxes and bins everywhere. I have the Goodwill box, the Sheryl Box, and then the boxes I am packing of stuff.

I forgot I had a Safeway delivery until the doorbell rang and it was here, so I got that put away and I have refilled the water bottles.

Also got thru my email, need to go and do twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tntitanfan you did your research really early, I thought that you were going to be making a move imminently. Did you at least decide where you will move, I know you went to a lot of different places.

Just curious.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 14, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I really need to fire my maid ... ME ... I just pulled some stuff off a table in the living room and I have been dusting it but apparently not all the way to the back. The 3 books I pulled had more dust on the back inch or two than I have ever seen, LOL.

But that table is cleared, dusted and packed up. I left two decorative items on the shelves for the photos.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Actually I am continuing to visit as they are continuing to build new communities all the time! I am hoping for a glut on the market so that the prices will fall! One you are living in a place, the market average is a 2 to 5% increase yearly at least in the local market!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

My friend is coming over to help me pack, not sure what are plans will be but first we are going to get her 2nd booster and then to breakfast.

I am sure she will have advice on what to pack first. The photos are scheduled for Thursday so I need to get all those pertinent areas looking good.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 15, 2022 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We went and got the booster, then her car wouldn't start so we walked over to Country Waffles to have some breakfast while the car recharged. The car started up but now she thinks maybe she should be getting a new battery.

Ok, I am pooped. My friend has been insistent that she take some things to put in her garage. So I sent her home with a small bookcase and 3 big cushions that the kitties sit on. Then she packed up 4 boxes and 1 bin of stuff.

I packed up stuff in the Goodwill box and now I have a Sister box, a Friend Box as well.

Now I really need to clean the floor in the kitchen where the bookcase was and I have found a home for all the stuff that used to be on it.

Just finished clearing my email and now looking at twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Saturday's Mission

Still sore from all the activities yesterday but have a list of more packing to do.

I just tried to rearrange the kitchen a bit so I could make coffee and it is really hard to get used to it without the bookcase. Not that the bookcase held much but my phone and answering machine did sit on it and now that is where the coffee maker used to sit. They both won't fit on that counter top, not wide enough. Maybe I should just cancel the phone service and pack away the phone and answering machine.

Something to think about, LOL. Off to get my coffee, clear email, finish my DayDrinking Podcast and play a few computer games before I start packing again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grabbed a few bins, need one for all the packing materials I have found/gathered. And I want to use the box that has my sisters stuff so I am going to put her stuff in a bin.

Also got my old laptop trying to boot up so I can make sure the files are cleared off, or clear them off. It is taking forever, LOL. I think I have the "Diagnosing Your PC" for about a half hour.

Off to clean the kitchen and move the answering machine, I am going to put it on top of the trash can that I don't use, but looks pretty.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2022 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleaned the wall, cords and floor where the bookcase used to be, then grabbed a couple of bins off the balcony. Moved all the packing stuff into one of the bins and set my sister's stuff up in a bin.

Now I have another smaller box that I can use for books or something that is heavy.

Laptop tried to fix itself again after it said it couldn't so I shut it down and will put it in the e-waste box. I got the new laptop because the harddrive was failing so I guess it has finally failed.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sunday ... Happy Easter

Got thru the Sunday paper and I moved the coffee maker back to it's normal spot. Need to find a couple of places to put some stuff that was on the bookcase.

Off to Easter Brunch, so that should be fun. Then we will figure out what chores / if any will be done today, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2022 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fabulous brunch for $30; they had a big room with good cross circulation, and some stations were serve yourself. We made friends with the server and she came by and refilled out Mimosas, LOL. And even tho I was treated to the meal I left a $10 on the table for the servers.

Now I am ready for a nap, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MOnday's MIssion

Cleaned the birdbath and then refilled it. Today I will finish cleaning out the files in the file cabinet. And then start working on some of the stuff in the bedroom. I was thinking it would be easy to pack up all the Christmas stuff and other things in the closet that are not used regularly.

Now to grab my coffee and read the paper.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Took down the front of the AC unit and put it in the bath to clean it and the filter. Going to try and "alien tape" the cord along the framing to it doesn't dangle down so much. I never notice it but my friend suggested it.

Working on clearing email while my lunch heats up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did some banking and now I am working on the rest of the files from my cabinet.

Then moving on to the bedroom stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 18, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I got thru my "resume" file, that was hyterical and I have no idea why I kept all those Certificates I got for various classes. And now I am unfortunately, going thru my purchase and refinance documents! Amazing how much paper they generated and how I need to keep none of it. So far I haven't found one thing I will need for my taxes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2022 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission

Getting started, just back to packing and cleaning. Oh and I need to finish these loan documents!

Now to grab my coffee and see what email has to say today.