TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archive through April 01, 2022 users admin

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Oh nooo Thats terrible news about Bruce Willis.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
In my mom’s case, hers was caused by a massive stroke. That’s why it’s wondering if he had some small strokes. While my mom was able to get a good chunk of her speech back, it was hard to retain. Talking was very difficult. Words were there in the brain but could not come out of her mouth, frustrating her to no end. However, for some odd reason with aphasia, singing is easier than talking.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
IT'S CONDITION THAT CAN BE DEADLY.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
For me, the worst part was how Will smirked all the way back to his seat.

If he didnt use the F word I would have thought the whole thing was an act.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Hilaria and Alec Baldwin shared the news on social media that they are expecting their seventh child.

wow.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
WATCH OUT DUGGERS HERE COME THE BALDWINS

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, what is it with all these mean who want to have so many kids, and Alec is going to have some trouble keeping up with these little ones.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
My parents were older when they had me. Not as old as Alec Baldwin who is 63... But I was always envious of other people in my age group that still had their parents long after I had lost mine

Kearie

07-21-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Just heard on CNN that Bruce Willis is retiring from acting due to medical reasons. Apparently, his daughter Rumer posted it on her social media.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
"The academy revealed that Smith was asked to leave the ceremony after slapping Chris Rock at the Academy Awards, and said that it was initiating disciplinary proceedings"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just heard about Will being asked to leave on tv and then online. Maybe they should have just removed him with security guards. I am sure on the fly that was considered but would have made a statement more than letting it appear that they had done nothing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My parents were older than those of most of my friends but today they wouldn't have been considered to be that old as parents. Mom was 32 when she had me, then my brother was 27 months younger. They had wanted 4 kids but stopped with two, due to their ages. My Dad was also still 32 when I arrived. They just got a later start because he was in the South Pacific for WWII.

But now there are a lot of second marriages where there are second families and older parents.

I remember when Larry King had his young boys.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sad news about Bruce Willis...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My parents were 39 and 40 when I showed up. Always wondered what it would be like to have younger parents.

And I have friends who had their first of two when they were in their mid 40s. She said it's what they planned. We're all generally living longer, but I still feel parents are getting older too soon for the kinds.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 30, 2022 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My mother had all three of her children by age 21. I was the middle. She died at just over 40. Bigdog's mom had him at age 43 and hung around another 68 years.

My young parents did everything with their kids. Bigdog was expected to earn his keep and repay his parents for raising him. No backyard badminton, ping pong, ice skating, hiking, camping, swimming, game playing with the parents. I had a girlfriend whose parents were about twenty years older than mine, although they both outlived both of mine by about 15-30 years. She got to come over to our house and play with the entire family a lot, and credits that experience to her still being a damn good ping pong player (as am I). Her parents taught me to become an excellent bridge player.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 1:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Chris Rock had his first comedy gig tonight. He told the audience that he was still processing, had nothing to say right now.

Apparently one person started heckling from the audience (where he had gotten a standing ovation) but i haven't seen more than a teaser about that.

My parents were older than some of the parents but my dad was the one to invite other kids to the circus or to walk up to the soda fountain to get ice cream and my mom was the one to have several extra kids over while we waited for my dad to get home for dinner, so everyone could watch tv. My mom was the girl scout co-leader and the cub scout den mother.
Mom was the one who helped my brother gradually freeze our back yard into an ice rink when he lost TV privilges for a bad grade..

So, their age wasn't really a factor.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 3:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saddened by Willis' devastating diagnosis.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Juju, 111?!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The heckler said F Will Smith, just to clarify they werent heckling Chris

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2022 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks, Pamy! They didn't clarify last night.. I think maybe they didn't have details yet at the time. Still in a way too bad that the person didn't just let Chris perform as HE chose to perform last night. The standing ovation had to give him some support.

I am catching up on news for today, saw a tease that said Chris Rock spoke out today but we'll see..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Juju, 111?!

Yeah, buckle up, Color, and get out there and start mixing it up, just in case you might live another 30-40 years. You are a strong specimen, it seems. Bigdog and I are around your age, and we mingle with a LOT of people older than you. We see unexpected love (it does not mean having sex at our age, and it does not rule out same gender) happening to many seniors. You just might still meet with the love of your life. Bigdog's Momma remarried at 85, 95, and 98.

Oh, and ask the mods to delete this if you find it offensive. This is a different world from what we grew up in, but there is still a lot of love out there for all of us.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Rita Moreno and I share the same birthday. She has a few years on me. There's hope.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
https://www.etonline.com/will-smith-resigns-from-the-academy-after-chris-rock-slap-181939

No buts in this apology.

"I have directly responded to the Academy’s disciplinary hearing notice, and I will fully accept any and all consequences for my conduct," Smith's statement reads. "My actions at the 94th Academy Awards presentation were shocking, painful, and inexcusable. The list of those I have hurt is long and includes Chris, his family, many of my dear friends and loved ones, all those in attendance, and global audiences at home."

"I betrayed the trust of the Academy. I deprived other nominees and winners of their opportunity to celebrate and be celebrated for their extraordinary work," the statement continues. "I am heartbroken. I want to put the focus back on those who deserve attention for their achievements and allow the Academy to get back to the incredible work it does to support creativity and artistry in film."

As such, Smith's said he's resigning from the Academy and "will accept any further consequences the Board deems appropriate."

Smith's statement concluded, "Change takes time and I am committed to doing the work to ensure that I never again allow violence to overtake reason."

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think that means that he loses his right to nominate and to vote on winner?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 01, 2022 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Razzies rescind Bruce Willis award after family reveals actor has aphasia

I was happy to see that