TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 10, 2022 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've got a BIG pile of paper that needs shredding. (It's a BIG pile so going to take it some place to be shredded.) Do you take your papers some place (e.g. Office Depot) where it's put in a locked box to be picked up and shredded. Feel that's safe? Do you have a shredder? How many sheets at a time or whatever determines size?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I gather all mine and then take them to the Shredder fund raiser for a local shelter. They actually have a big truck there with a shredder that you can watch your documents go thru.

But I know my local UPS Store has a locked box where they gather documents, then the document shredder company comes. When they open the box it has a bag in it that they pull the rope thing on to close it and then they put a lock on it and cart it off.

It is the same company that we used at my former office and they were trustworthy and had a good reputation.

So now I don't shred entire documents (unless it is tax documents), I remove my name, address, account numbers, etc from the document and keep that for the shredder, then recycle the innocent parts of the paper.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 22, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I do feel quite safe with taking pile of papers to Office Depot where it's locked in a box, picked up, and shredded. Papers do include tax returns and bank statements. I keep more paper longer than is necessary. I was quite organized with it, but past few years it's not. Waaay too much paper here.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I shred my own. And it can be a huge job. So I've started just shredding stuff when it arrives, going paperless as much as possible, and only keeping what I absolutely have to. Most statements can be found online.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I put 7.8 lbs of paper into locked box in Office Depot this morning. I feel so much lighter. No need to keep the years of paper I do even if I keep it organized.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This has been a bad day. I'm in a one bedroom condo for going on 37 years. Heating / AC units are in the wall. Bedroom unit isn't dead, but not getting heat from it. Got bigger problem.

Kitchen remodeled 10+ years ago. Had a dishwasher put in. No intention to ever use it. Never have. Just use it for storage and drip drying few dishes I hand wash. Today when I opened the door hinges / pulley system that works the door gave out. Door just flops open. When closing, got to shove it kinda hard to keep it up / closed. Not closed tight -- just enough to keep it up. Called appliance repair guy. Be here tomorrow morning. Later in the day noticed water on the floor in front of washer. Why??? I've never used it. Never used it because I don't need to, but also because I'm worried about leaking, flooding, etc. Don't use it and it still happens? I am not at all house handy. Found someone in the building to turn off water to washer. Didn't even know there's valve to washer and valve to sink. Mop up water as best I could. If I keep door down it's OK. After floor dried pretty well, tried putting door up. More water comes out at the bottom -- decent amount of water. Why? What's going on? I thought if washer was never used it could never leak? Way back when I had remodel done wish I had washer put in place but water not hooked up to it. That would have been OK?

HELP!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sounds like water has been accumulating in the dishwasher. There should be a way you can power it on and then cancel it and it should drain the water out of the dishwasher.

If you aren't going to use it you should have the plumber disconnect the water to it.

Hope this helps

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 23, 2022 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Water accumulates in dish washer when you don't use it? It keeps draining at the bottom left.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mine did until I disconnected the the pipes, I think it dribbled in and accumulated. I didn't understand what was happening, thought it was just from my dishes draining (I too use it as a dish drainer), but once I had the plumber disconnect it, I stopped having water accumulation.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 24, 2022 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What was happening was an appliance problem, not plumbing. Appliance repairman needs to come back tomorrow to finish. I swear (?) in everything I've asked him, asked him if he could just disconnect washer as you said Dipo. That would eliminate problem in the future. I'll ask him (again?) if he could disconnect it for me. So glad the water has stopped and kitchen is drying out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Learned today that water valve under the sink to the dishwasher needs to be replaced. Mine is old valve, better type available. Appliance repairman said it's a 5 minute job he could do, but he's not a plumber and doesn't have insurance for that work if anything went wrong. I will get valve changed in the not too distant future. Then turn off water to washer. And I will stay dry for sure.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhh, that is the same problem I have Colordeagua. The valves are old and that is why I think there was water dribbling into the dishwasher.

My plumber said the same thing, quick fix.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Valves are replaced. . Water is no longer connected to dishwasher. My sink hardware is (Price) Pfister gooseneck faucet, pump, and sprayer put in about '07. Problem few years ago with base of faucet. PPF replaced parts at their cost. Now sprayer isn't working so well. (Not that I ever use it much.) Plumber said like dishwasher, you gotta use it.

Plumber also said (Price) Pfister not so good. Get either Moen or Delta. Any opinions on that? Did some looking on-line this morning. Found Moen similar looking to what I have which I like. Looked at the Moen on Amazon. Not the greatest reviews. So . . . (Price) Pfister or Moen or Delta?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We used Moen for a bathroom remodeling a few years ago and plan to do the same for the kitchen remodel.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I went to a plumbing supply house with my then Husband and we got Delta professional grade??? in the store and have not had a problem with it in 25 years and I have had several guests in my house that broke everything they touched.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
I’ve had Moen bathroom faucets for many years and I’m very happy with them. There’s a lifetime guarantee so if they start dripping you just call Moen and they send the inserts. I’m pretty handy so can replace them myself. Have only had to do so a couple times in 27 years.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
JUJU IS NOT INNOCENT!!!

quote:

Axios
@axios

An invasive species of spider the size of a child's hand is expected to “colonize” the entire East Coast this spring by parachuting down from the sky, researchers announced.

Giant spiders expected to drop from sky across the East Coast this spring

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
{{{{{{SHUDDER}}}}}}

*According to the article they are harmless.

🙏

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Aw come on. What next?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
spider

I think we saw these when we were in Tokyo. We were walking beside some kind of park or wooded area and all of the brush and branches had these big spiders for a couple of blocks. All of them! It was amazing and horrifying at the same time.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Brenda, do you happen to live on the east coast? And how long ago did you visit Tokyo?

Inquiring minds need to know. Hmmm.....

Nope. It's still Juju's fault.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL No, I do not live on the east coast.

It was 2014 and we vowed we would never run through the brush in Japan. Here's a better pic.

spider

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, March 09, 2022 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
ACK!

And

EGADS!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Obviously I am innocent, as I always am.

BUT, I do think I have had some sort of experience with horizontal spider threads in the past few years, and people have very calmly advised me those things are floating spiders and their threads.

Everybody stay calm. It is just floating spiders. And their threads. And webs. And bajillion baby spiders, which will also float and make floating webs and threads. It is NO BIG DEAL.

Juju2bigdog is innocent, as always.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, March 10, 2022 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
WTH????? Why did I wander in here???!!!!