TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 14, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 14, 2022 users admin

Suz

10-13-2005

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
Wonderful article. You are amazing. My daughter has been fostering a huge dog. Hate to see him go when it's time.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Wow she is getting big!

Love the article, Kar.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Half of my fish are dead :-( They got a disease I am sure came from a fish I ordered online. I should have known to isolate it for awhile before putting him in the main tank. Now the surviving fish are in a fish-safe bucket getting medicine. This is day 4 of the meds, but they are still sick. The sick babies are in the little isolation tank hooked inside the bucket. I had to take the main tank down and disinfecting EVERYTHING....Twice! I just finished putting it back together, but no one is allowed back in until everyone is well or I have to get all new fish. Luckily my 4 frogs and 2 other fish are in other tanks.

Sick fish in a bucket

Disinfected tank

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Given my experience with our fish, I can't say I'm surprised. They're tricky little things to care for and it's all too easy for things to go wrong. I know you're putting in a lot of effort and that's wonderful.

(I used to feel sad when one of our fish died. People say, "They're only fish" but I liked them a lot.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, Wow, I just got an email from the post office that my free covid tests will be arriving on Monday!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I do feel sad when I lose a fish. Mainly because I am usually to blame.

RN Dipo, how do you get free tests?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN, mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. I liked getting the notice ahead of time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN Naja, order here. https://www.covidtests.gov/

You get 4 free tests per address.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks, Seamonkey! I just ordered.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN.. So sorry about your fish. I remember my dad aging water in the garage and then when I had a tank there were precautions for a new fish and for the resident fish too.

Just today Dr Lauren Thielien (a veterinarian for exotic pets) posted an xray of a frog full of rocks to remind people not to have items too small because they will eat anything. This was a larger frog than yours...

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN oh yes, one of the first things they say on the dwarf frog sites is not to get too small of gravel.

RN I had one more idea to save the fish I have left. The supplies got delivered late in the afternoon and I got to work. I'll know in the morning whether I saved my fish or put them out of their misery.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Naja))))

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 11, 2022 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, I know you’re doing your best for them. I hope they’ll be okay.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN Your gravel looks fine for those little frogs.

I hope your strategy works!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Well, I think it worked! I think I could have saved more fish if from the beginning I had done what I did yesterday.

I woke up to one fatality today, but it was already almost gone yesterday. The rest don't even look sick anymore. I started with 7 babies and 7 adults in that tank. I'm left with 5 babies and 2 adults.

What I did differently was was skip my usual water prep with the Tetra products. Besides de-chlorinator and other dexotifiers, it had water conditioners, stress coat, and live bacteria to start the cycle. This time the only thing I put in was the dechlorinator/detoxifier.

I think the other things were neutralizing the medicine and blocking its absorption. If the rest make it 3 more days and another dose of medicine, then it worked for sure. But for now, the ones left are swimming around like they are perfect. The disease they have is some kind of parasite that turns it white around their eyes and mouth and gives them white areas on their body.

Jimmer, would you give them their next dose of meds tomorrow in a new bucket of water, of just keep them in the one I started yesterday? It's already clouding.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, I’m not sure, Naja. Fish are such delicate creatures at times. Sometimes cleaning too much can be a bad thing but then you have to clean enough. With fish it’s all about finding a balance that works for your fish. There are a lot of variables and some trial and error.

I wish I could be more help but I just don’t know.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN That's ok, Jimmer. I'll just do a compromise and switch out a couple gallons.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 12, 2022 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, That's likely a good plan. Slow and steady. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Another day and everyone looks healthy! In 2 days after one more med dose, I'll put them back in the tank. But I think I'll just make a new bucket for the babies. Their powdery food mucks up the tank. At 4 weeks old they seem to be big enough to be loose with the big fish.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Fish tanks look pretty and you don't have to walk your fish. But people have no idea how much you have to do to keep fish happy and healthy.

I'm so impressed with how well you are doing with these guys.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thanks! There's no way I would want to do this if I had a full time job. Also, I tend to submerge myself when doing new things. Heck, I can read the 6 in 1 water tests strips now without even holding them up to the color chart....LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, February 13, 2022 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Also, I tend to submerge myself when doing new things.

LOL, Naja. I would say those of us who remain on this message board are some weird sort of homogenic group of over-achievers, and you could be our poster child. I am very proud of all these new things you take on and ultimately succeed at. If I recall correctly, you are also training a new puppy right now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Aww, Thank you, Juju :-) And yep, a new puppy.

RN It seems that overnight Mother Nature has more than replaced the fish I lost. Yikes.

Before I even had my coffee, I was catching baby fish.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I tried to count them by putting a pink dot next to them. But I'm sure some were hiding the little plants.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Look who's out of sick bay! The two 4 week olds that survived the parasite disease and med treatment in the bucket. They are having a ball! They are only about 1/2 inch long. They have the whole big tank to themselves for now.