TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 10, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2022 Olympics: Archive through February 10, 2022 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Maybe they spin the opposite direction when performing in the Southern Hemisphere.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kookliebird.

And I have just about had it with this curve 13 in luge screwing everyone up!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kooklie!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
11m
Bay Area Olympic figure skater Vincent Zhou announces he's tested positive for COVID and forced to withdraw from Beijing's Winter Games. In a raw and emotional video the skater said, "The enormity of the situation, the pain of it all is pretty insane." http://bit.ly/3srtkCI

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was so fun and entertaining to watch the Italian Mixed Curling contest. The Italians won, and was well deserved.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2022 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The New York Times
@nytimes
·
10h
Shaun White, 35, is heading to his fifth Olympics. He has to be doing tricks much more difficult and dangerous than he performed when he won gold medals in 2006, 2010 and 2018. It is a cruel trick of reverse-aging — getting better while getting older. https://nyti.ms/34jYcNK

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. The Italians were amazing and a lot of fun to watch!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics
@NBCOlympics
He's just getting better with age.

At 41, France's Johan Clarey became the oldest #WinterOlympics Alpine Skiing medalist of all time.

NBC Olympics |
@Visa

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics
@NBCOlympics
South Korea's Hwang Dae-Heon wins the men's 1500m to claim his second #WinterOlympics medal! First place medal

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ut oh, this might be the scandal Mirai from BigBrother has mentioned ... Reuters @Reuters
·
3h
The Russian figure skaters who won the team event at the Beijing Olympics on Monday have still not received their gold medals, with two Russian newspapers reporting that 15-year-old Olympic star Kamila Valieva had tested positive for a banned drug https://reut.rs/3HExwW5 1/5

Reuters attempted to reach the Russian Olympic Committee chef de mission for comment but was unable to reach him. The ROC earlier declined to comment on reports of a positive drug test 2/5

Earlier on Wednesday, the IOC said 'legal consultations' had forced the postponement of the medals ceremony, but said it would go ahead eventually. 'A situation arose at short notice that requires legal consultation,' IOC spokesperson Mark Adams said 3/5

Valieva, who landed the first quadruple jumps by a woman in Olympic competition, was one of four ROC athletes who did not appear at their practice sessions 4/5

Russian athletes are competing in Beijing as representatives of the ROC rather than their home nation due to previous doping sanctions. No Russian ice dancers trained at a session slotted for them Wednesday night after the news broke https://reut.rs/3HExwW5 5/5

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The whole ROC thing is absurd. It’s just appalling.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was LMAO when she won because the female announcer said not only did she finally get her gold medal (I guess she has been at it for 16 years) she has the best hair of any Olympian, hahahahaha ... she does have pretty hair, LOL ...
Team USA @TeamUSA
·
24m
Soak it all in @LindsJacobellis. Flag of United States

#WinterOlympics

https://twitter.com/TeamUSA/status/1491610231905951746

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Team USA
@TeamUSA
· 42m
THE REPEAT IS COMPLETE!

@ChloeKim is the first woman to win back-to-back Olympic golds in snowboard halfpipe. #WinterOlympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics
@NBCOlympics
Shaun White is headed to men's halfpipe FINAL, and his qualifying run was today's #TalkinOlympics
@Toyota
Most Tweeted Moment!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The final group of men up skating are doing such a nice job. I loved Jason Brown and I really enjoyed Moris K who skated to a bunch of Sinatra songs, so cute.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Next is Cha Jun from Korea, very dramatic music. Very nice performance, it always amazes me how fast they spin.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Uno from Japan is skating to Bolero.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1m
Russian skater Kamila Valieva tested positive late last year for the banned substance, which helps the heart muscle function more normally when it is getting lower oxygen delivered to it, NBC Sports reports.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Nathan Chen is skating now. Now I recognize "Rocket Man", and it is great how he has timed his jumps with the music. And now Benny and the Jet, hahahaha, a great dance step sequence.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that was great. His score is 218.63, he now has 332.60 total and wins the gold medal. (now back to the amazing race, LOL)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2022 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
51s
Nathan Chen blasts to #Olympic First place medal in #figureskating

Skating to "Rocketman", he captured gold ahead of Kagiyama Yuma & Uno Shoma, winning both segments and - scoring 332.60 total.

Hanyu Yuzuru finished fourth. See how it happened Downwards arrow

@ISU_Figure

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Speedskating!! Looks like we are doing the long ones for women, I always enjoy these races, speedskating fascinates me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EvelDick
@EvelDick
·
2h
Team USA curling has some sweet mullets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EvelDick
@EvelDick
·
2h
My friend in Ireland said that over there for Olympic coverage online, they can switch to the gopro cameras on the athletes... wth @NBCOlympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heather & Jessica
@fuggirls
·
39m
I don't mean to interfere in another country's business, but Norway made a big mistake -- HUGE -- when it ditched the wacky curling pants. -H #Olympics