TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 07, 2022 users admin

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
RN, Naja...Dolly is adorable!! Thanks for sharing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Go Dolly!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Our Facebook live fundraiser will be starting shortly. Tune to Scroungy Dogs and Jordans Way to see silly stupid stuff all to raise money for our dogs.

(Jordans Way is named after Chris' dog, after he spent 3 days sleeping in a dog shelter to find out what it's really like to be there. Featured on Good Housekeeping, the Dodo, etc).

https://www.facebook.com/scroungydogsrescue

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, January 30, 2022 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Dolly is so alert, attentive. I miss having a dog. Cocoa the visiting dog doesn't count. She has started snapping at me and bit me 3 days in a row now, once when I was shooing her off a rug before she peed on it, once when giving her a cookie and once when I shooed her off my bed after she jumped on it, Just waving my hand in an invitation to get bitten.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
RN, I was going through old boxes of paperwork, I found a folder that said Christmas receipts. I opened it up, they were from 2016. Besides the receipts, I found $185 in cash paperclipped! I have no clue why it was in there, but I'm not complaining. :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sadie, I'm sorry you are having that problem with Cocoa.

My aunt has a Doberman that may bite if you try to take something away from her. She likes to steal socks and sometimes you just need that sock.

So my aunt has a gripper (the long thing that you use to grab things from high places) and she uses that to get her socks back. Maybe you can try using that.

And hopefully, someone will come along and have better advise than that, but it's all I got.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Grooch, what a find!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The trick is never to be aggressive toward the dog, and thus invite aggression. If you want them to jump off the bed, get a cookie, say "off" and throw the cookie off the floor. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

If you want them to drop something they shouldn't have, show them you have something yummy to offer, and again, say drop it, and toss the cookie (if they are a biter, or offer it if they are not. That's the trade game.

If you think they are going to pee on something, happy excited voice, let's go, and take that cookie and pup outside or to the pee pad. It's always training, training, training. That builds a great relationship between you and the dog, and builds their confidence as well.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that advice, Kar. We have friends in their 70's who made the mistake of getting of getting a puppy Yorkshire Terrier, and they call it the Tasmanian Devil. I passed your advice along. I am STRONGLY against seniors getting puppies if they are not able to put in the hard work of training the puppy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I made a new frog video. This one is titled "There's a Piggy in the Frog Tank!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gESvm3ILI

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 02, 2022 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
RN, remembering I got my now 11 YY border terrier Burke at age 9 weeks when I was 64. When . . . I know I couldn't raise a puppy again. If I'm still in good enough condition -- a senior rescue.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, Colord, I have a 5-6 year old dog in foster right now. She's beautiful and oh so sweet (but a bit overweight). She came when her owner passed away and was so scared at the shelter they immediately put her on the euth list.

And 3 weeks in, and no applications on her. People who will take older dogs are such a blessing!

Photo of beautiful Coco for tax.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, the local paper called me this morning and they want to do a feature, front page, article on me and being a foster mom! I'm excited and a bit embarrassed!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN You deserve it! It's not easy being a foster.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, that’s fantastic and well deserved. You do great work!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I just hope I can make fostering sound enticing and we'll get new sign ups!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN ... just closed the slider because the landscapers are here, looked out and OMG, they have a Segway type lawn mower, LOL. The guy is standing up moving the mower all around so funny to see.

I have seen a riding lawn mower but never a standing lawn mower.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
RN I'm hoping all my kitchen plumbing works as it should in the morning.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, February 03, 2022 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
RN Karuuna good luck. Just one more person fostering is a plus, hope you encourage many.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
RN, Kar, I know you will do a great job and make fostering sound like the rewarding experience that it is.

Dipo over the years, our gardeners have gone from loud gas push mowers to riding mowers and back to push mowers, which are still loud. They also have edgers, hedgers and use weed eaters around the large trees. But never a standing mower.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Bless you, Kar, for what you do! I do believe there is a special place in heaven for those who love, care for, and protect God's nonhuman creatures.

As I am sure you will mention Coco in your story, I'm betting a forever home is in her future!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My little Dolly really is already spoiled. And she is such a couch dog.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ah good pillow work. Just like my guy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN haha Jimmer!

RN She's growing so fast! This was taken a few mins ago.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, I posted a copy of the article in my folder for anyone who is interested!

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6402/13653305.html&lm=1644251946