TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2022 Olympics: Archive through February 07, 2022 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been waiting to see if the Tonga guy walks in half naked.

And I just saw the American Samoa guy did! LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 04, 2022 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The Tonga guy stayed home. He’s helping with the devastation from the recent volcano.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
2h
Japan gets its first #Beijing2022 medal as Horishima Ikuma wins #Bronze in #FreestyleSkiing Men's Moguls!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the opening ceremony. It was beautiful. Loved all the kids singing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
4h
Ursa Bogataj wins the first-ever #Gold Medal in #SkiJumping for Slovenia as she dominates the Women's Normal Hill Individual!

#Beijing2022 | #StrongerTogether |
@TeamSlovenia

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow that was a really exciting Mixed Biathathon Relay race. The announcer reminded me of that Soccer guy when the US got close to breaking into medal contention. He was so excited even while trying to report on the race, LOL.

And even tho US didn't get a medal we did finish really well and it was an amazing finish with the 3 countries duking it out til the finally crossing the finish line.

Very exciting finish and enjoyable race.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Get segment about a female ski jumper who wasn't going to the Olympics and then someone fell out, I think it was a person from another country (wasn't totally paying attention, LOL). Then she got a call inviting her to the come to the Olympics! She was so excited and they showed her calling her Mom and it was so cute.

Sara Kramer had to withdraw because she tested positive for Covid couldn't be cleared in time to jump. Maybe this is the reason the US girl got to go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
5h
First-ever #Gold for Sweden in #FreestyleSkiing!
Historic feat for Walter Wallberg as he reigns in the Men's Moguls!

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Ursa Bogataj of Slovenia won the gold medal in ski jumping.
ABC's Wide World of Sports would have called her,

"The Thrill of victory!"

It took almost 52 years to avenge fellow Slovenian Vinko Bogataj
(same name, no relation) who will forever be remembered as

"The Agony of defeat!"

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Ah the infamous “Agony of defeat”.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
It makes me miss Jim McKay, Keith Jackson, Curt Gowdy, Chris Schenkel, and that bunch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC Olympics
@NBCOlympics
Walter Wallberg wins Sweden's first-ever moguls medal!

He edged Canada's Mikael Kingbury for the gold medal victory. First place medal

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/status/1489948719583801346

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the memories, Weinermr. I enjoyed them as well.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I went and looked at the introduction to Wide World of Sports. Wow talk about bringing back memories.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oaNRelbXI

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Watched that show every Saturday for years when I was growing up. Our whole family loved the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2022 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team
@usskiteam
· 3m
MEDIA ALERTPolice cars revolving light
Due to the wind gusts and the updated forecast, it has been decided in the best interest of safety and fairness for the racers to delay todays men’s Olympic downhill to another day.

More info on a new date and start time will be forthcoming. #Olympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting .. the Ice Cube, where they do the curling, is the former swimming venue where Phelps won all his gold medals.

I think it is cool that they could reuse the venue since is seems like most countries lose so much money building all this stuff for the Olympics.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is interesting!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
2m
Defending Olympic champion Mikaela Shiffrin is out of the Beijing 2022 giant slalom. Her medal dream ended after just a few seconds. But the alpine superstar has plenty of medal chances left.

@TeamUSA
|
@usskiteam

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ice Skating Experts ???? I think we have a few on the board. I am confused, what the rules about the songs having words. I know some groups can have songs with words and others can't. Did is change or is it still the same? TIA.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
almost had a heart attack when the Russian pair fell with the woman's head going straight down. can't believe they just got up and ended up with the highest score. That was the scariest Ice skating accident I ever saw.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 06, 2022 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought they changed the rules to allow music with lyrics awhile back.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was this many days old when I was watching and thought "do they always spin the same direction when they do those long spins?" Is there a "handedness" to spinning? (File under: things no one but me wants to know).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes the same person always spins the same way. At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 07, 2022 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, just who are these whippersnapper countries ... Curling is the US and Canada's thing .

Italy's Mixed Curling woman is amazing!!

Also I was watching the US yesterday and was wondering how they picked the color for the stone and just then the announcer started talking about how the "costume" dictated the stone color. Apparently there are light and dark costumes. Anyway he was saying that the US was thinking about taking a penalty, if they won the game they were playing, so they could continue to wear the "light" costume, which was red. Because they felt like they won more when they were in their light costume.

I thought it was funny and unfortunately it didn't matter because they lost, but I guess the light costume gets the yellow stones and the dark costumes get the red.