TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Android Apps/Devices: Archive through January 09, 2018 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wish I could help you but I don't have any Android products and our resident Android experts seem to be in hiding.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
To find out which Android OS is on your device: Open your device's Settings. Tap About Phone or About Device. Tap Android Version to display your version information.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
thanks! but how do i go about upgrading it if I need to?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Is this what you're looking for Texannie? Upgrade

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, November 27, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yes, i think so. thanks so much!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 28, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Have I ever mentioned I just LOVE Jmm?

Oh, and I love Landileigh too. And a bunch of other people, LOL ...

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, November 29, 2015 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Awww, I love you too, Juju.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 09, 2016 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When I got my first android device a few years ago, I looked online very thoroughly for a tv tuner for it like I have for my PCs, and there were a couple available, but the cheapest one was 70 bucks so I quit on that idea. For some reason I decided to search again last night and I found they have them as low as 15 bucks now.

I ordered this one and I'll let you know how well it works when I get it. You plug it into the micro USB port.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272190114138?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

For anybody that doesn't know what it is, it turns your android device into a TV that plays live "over the air" TV channels. In other words, it doesn't use any data from your data plans and doesn't need wifi. You just need to be close enough to a city to grab the OTA signals.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds cool. I'll be interested to hear how well it works.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Last time I tried to put time on my tracfone, it didn't work. I was told my phone was old, and they would send me a new one. It wasn't going to arrive in time, though, so they went ahead and put the time on my old phone.

New phone arrived today. Called to transfer old phone number and minutes/time to new phone. It said it was processing, could take minutes or hours, as much as 24 hours. It's been almost two hours and it still hasn't happened, but the old phone now says "unregistered SIM" on it. New phone is charging and has a big lock on it.

Anybody else done this before? I'm used to everything usually transferring in minutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did have to do this, and I was surprised that my minutes transferred pretty quickly but when my sister did it, it took her overnight.

And yes you are sort of hosed between the two phones until the new one is ready to go.

Hope this helped.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Also you may have to call them if you have problems. I did have to do that with one of my changes. I think I have had 3 or 4 phones with them, LOL.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It finally worked after almost three hours. New phone is very nice.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, would you believe I am still waiting for my android tv tuner?

The tracking said is was missent twice to someplace in St. Louis. I live 250 miles away from there, near Kansas City.

I contacted the seller and he said to please give him 3 more days to get it to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, that tv tuner wouldn't work on my Alcatel Onetouch phone. The app it uses installs fine, but all it says "no device detected".

I am still waiting for a part that I need to try it on my Asus tablet. That will be a few more days.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's too bad. Do you know of a tv tuner that would work with a laptop?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, Jimmer. I have 3 tv tuner sticks I use on the windows desk tops and laptops.

The brands I have are Geniatech and MyGica

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MyGica-A681-USB-ATSC-HDTV-Tuner

and

http://www.geniatech.com/pa/s870.asp

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. Do they both connect to cable or antenna? Do you have a preference? Do they come with software?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, yes they come with software, and I use them with antenna because they really don't work correctly with cable since way back when cable companies decided we need cable boxes.

<99>

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I got a different more expensive tv tuner and it works great on my tablet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Android-Digital-TV-Tuner-For-Tablet-Smart-Phone/..../

Only thing though, I had to get an adapter since my tablet doesn't have a micro usb port.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That looks very cool, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 17, 2016 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Juju, they are the best thing ever when a storm decides to take out the power right when Big Brother is about to start....hahaha

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that is cool! How many stations can you get?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When I did the channel scan, I got 32. That's pretty much all of them available to me. As long as I get the big four, I'm happy. ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 09, 2018 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, no posts in a year and a half! That's crazy.

I just got the latest Asus Zenpad for Christmas. My 5 year old Asus Transformer finally petered out. And I'm actually kinda glad because it was so old that I couldn't even take advantage of all the newer things. Heck, I couldn't even have fun playing the latest Angry Birds because the lag time made it completely enjoyable.

Anyway, I am just happy as pie with my new Android machine!